Moosc,

Hope this help.

1. Your BB PIN wasn't entered correctly when you first set up, you can use our reset BB Page to correct this.
    https://www.smrtguard.com/Main?modul...ction=resetPin

2. You missed type the code that we gave you.

3. You have more
    than one record in our system with the same BBPIN. This is a bug that we had earlier with the system, which has been fixed so that it will not allow you to activate with the same BB PIN. Normally you can't sign on with the same email, but if you sign on with different emails AND create the account with the same BBPIN, then when you activate, you will have problems. If this is you, email us, and we can try to clear this up for you.

Email us at [email protected] and we will try to sort it out for you.
    number three... I've emailed three times but ill try it again. I really like this app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:20 PM
    I've downloaded the latest beta,however i still cannot get the backup to work. Even after battery pulls, when i open the backup option, it just says working. All other backups have failed.
    03-26-09 07:25 PM
    Just a follow up on my concern about the battery drain issue, the reason I uninstalled the app last night.

Well, after reading this post I went ahead and reinstalled the application about 4:30 PM, as soon as I got home I went to the website and Press the Stop track button, immediately I received an e-mail saying that I stopped altough it wasn't running (or something like that), so I know I was sure that it wasn't running, then I went to the phone and changed the backup option to Never, nothing else.

Well, after more than 5 hours I can happily report that my phone battery just went from 72% to 68%, a drastical change from last night. So in a summary, the application should have an option that if the backup failed, doesn't keep trying, as it seems was the reason my battery drained yesterday.

1. Did you send yourself a remote tracking from the website since your last hard reboot?
    2. Is at least one of your data item failed to backup?

If you answer YES to both question, try to do a hard reboot and turn off auto backup.

WHY?

1. When remote tracking is on, unless you send yourself a stop tracking message, it will keep on tracking until it dies.
    2. If you have failed backup items, it will try to backup again every 15 mins (we are thinking of a limit).

Thanks.
    03-26-09 09:11 PM
    has anyone got "app error 523" while using this yet??
    03-26-09 09:53 PM
    I am still unable to backup my contacts. Fails at 30 sometimes and 40 sometimes. Is there a known problem for this? Or is it just me? I have the same problem with my e-mails.

03-27-09 01:29 AM
    I am still unable to backup my contacts. Fails at 30 sometimes and 40 sometimes. Is there a known problem for this? Or is it just me? I have the same problem with my e-mails.

No it's not just you. The same is happening with me.
    My emails wouldn't backup and now my contacts won't either.
    03-27-09 06:56 AM
    I have been trying to download the update and I am still getting 1.01. There isn't a 1.02. Do I have to remove 1.01 first?

Love the app by the way.
    03-27-09 10:45 AM
    Clear your cache, then try downloading it

03-27-09 10:47 AM
    Clear your cache, then try downloading it

Tried that. Cleared cache, history etc and rebooted. Still pulling 1.01
    03-27-09 11:06 AM
    when you open your browser and go to download before you hit the download button hit your bb menu button and scroll down to refresh and it should refresh the version number for you
    03-27-09 11:19 AM
    All great suggestions. Especially like the refresh idea on the download screen. Unfortunately still saying 1.01.

No new version for me
    I have emailed support and asked them about it.
    03-27-09 11:25 AM
    Looks like some dumb *** should have put https instead of http in his browser. Doing that got the new version.
    03-27-09 11:56 AM
    Parana6,

What is the problem? When you hold for 8 seconds, does your BB vibrate?

Thanks.
    It doesn't vibrate and doesn't send the stress signal either it does the same thing as alt+escape opens the programs that is running on background
    03-27-09 05:16 PM
    Looks like it would be a cool app, if it worked...the activation code e-mailed to me does not work, renderoing this app useless...glad I didn't pay for this usefull, yet useless app...thanks for nothing...
    Mine didn't worked either but i send an email to suppot and they gave me the code and my login info, I guess because u can't download something doesn't give u the right to bash the app. You are one against let's see how many ??????
    03-27-09 05:24 PM
    I just went to upgrade to 1.02 and noticed that I got 1.03 instead. I don't see a mention of 1.03 on the this thread - what are the differences?
    03-27-09 06:36 PM
    in personal guardian ive noticed that the sms feature is not there anymore only phone and e-mail
    03-27-09 07:13 PM
    in personal guardian ive noticed that the sms feature is not there anymore only phone and e-mail
    I still have it! What version do you have?
    03-27-09 07:39 PM
    I still have it! What version do you have?
    i just downloaded v1.03
    03-27-09 07:43 PM
    i just downloaded v1.03
    When did it come out?

Also I found a bug when you click on "Data" the app stays on "tabulating events" and does not do anything!
    03-27-09 07:50 PM
    today check this post, a few pages back there was a post that some one had dowloaded it
    03-27-09 07:52 PM
    New Beta v1.03 is out now.

Again thanks to everyone for giving us feedback.

Please download it here:

https://www.smrtguard.com/smrtgota.jsp

What's new:

- Fixed Personal Guardian one button bug - now it is full 8 seconds.
    - Added Delete Functions from the web.
    - Beta User SURVEY: SmrtGuard Beta Experience Survey

Happy Friday.
    03-27-09 09:42 PM
    I've downloaded the latest beta,however i still cannot get the backup to work. Even after battery pulls, when i open the backup option, it just says working. All other backups have failed.
    mscooley,

Try it again. We had some server maintenance window period before.

Thanks.
    03-27-09 09:44 PM
    Just a follow up on my concern about the battery drain issue, the reason I uninstalled the app last night.

Well, after reading this post I went ahead and reinstalled the application about 4:30 PM, as soon as I got home I went to the website and Press the Stop track button, immediately I received an e-mail saying that I stopped altough it wasn't running (or something like that), so I know I was sure that it wasn't running, then I went to the phone and changed the backup option to Never, nothing else.

Well, after more than 5 hours I can happily report that my phone battery just went from 72% to 68%, a drastical change from last night. So in a summary, the application should have an option that if the backup failed, doesn't keep trying, as it seems was the reason my battery drained yesterday.
    Thanks so much for the confirmation!! We will add that into the next version v1.04

Thanks.
    03-27-09 09:45 PM
    Tried that. Cleared cache, history etc and rebooted. Still pulling 1.01
    Try this link:
    https://www.smrtguard.com/smrtgota.jsp

Thanks.
    03-27-09 09:46 PM

theenak,

Can you check to see if any of your last contacts has title or street addresses that are really really long? Our title has a cap of 255 characters, so is street.

Thanks.
    03-27-09 09:47 PM
455 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD