will smrtguard be adding any kind of password option on the phone (smrtguard option) to help protect the settings , if phone is stolen and the phone has not been security time out locked yet mine is set to 30mn , also any price set yet or what options will there be for purchase = monthly ,quarterly or yearly
    thx
    04-14-09 11:10 PM
    will smrtguard be adding any kind of password option on the phone (smrtguard option) to help protect the settings , if phone is stolen and the phone has not been security time out locked yet mine is set to 30mn , also any price set yet or what options will there be for purchase = monthly ,quarterly or yearly
    thx
    It isn't tough for us to add a password option on the phone, since many users have different preference, we might add a preference option to do this.

As for pricing, we have gotten lots of feedback and many do not like monthly or even semi-annually. So we are likely to offer option for monthly and option for Yearly.

Thanks.
    04-14-09 11:36 PM
    It isn't tough for us to add a password option on the phone, since many users have different preference, we might add a preference option to do this.

As for pricing, we have gotten lots of feedback and many do not like monthly or even semi-annually. So we are likely to offer option for monthly and option for Yearly.

Thanks.
    Just started using smrtguard. cant even began to tell you how many blackberrys this is going to save. beautiful design and for me works great! thanks again beta team for letting me in and im ready to signup. count me in on the yearly pricing. btw great support with a great program is hard to beat keep up the good work.
    04-15-09 09:26 AM

Thanks.
    Both great ideas! I like the yearly option but what is the price range?
    04-15-09 12:01 PM
    Still having problems on Storm .113 on Verizon. Nothing from the dashboard works, getting same event log info as erasat. "Action has been performed successfully" message pops up when attempting to perform any of the actions.
    04-15-09 01:44 PM
    I to am having the same problem with seeing the dashboard from my storm but no problem seeing it from my pc
    04-15-09 05:25 PM
    Still having problems on Storm .113 on Verizon. Nothing from the dashboard works, getting same event log info as erasat. "Action has been performed successfully" message pops up when attempting to perform any of the actions.

Search this thread. After upgrading OS, you need to open SmrtGuard >> BB Key >> About SmrtGuard >> BB Key >> Reactivate.

You then need to re-enter the activation code. If you can't find it, you can resend the activation email from the PC dashboard.

The activation code is case sensitive. I entered mine in lowercase and SG accepted it, but it didn't work until I reactivated and used the proper code.
    04-17-09 06:51 PM
    I read every post in the thread, but didn't think I needed to let everyone know that. Tried reactivating and battery pull a couple times. I don't have any alpha characters in the activation code, so I didn't have to worry about case. Guess I just needed to keep doing it, until it worked.
    04-17-09 09:54 PM

Thanks.
    Do offer both monthly and yearly options. While I would have no problem committing to a year, because I had the chance to participate in the beta testing, I wouldn't do it otherwise.
    04-17-09 11:20 PM
    If I remotely lock my Blackberry, will I be able to nuke all the information afterwards?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-19-09 01:02 AM
    Is anyone else getting a no reply non sense email over and over from SmrtGuard?
    04-19-09 09:49 PM
    If I remotely lock my Blackberry, will I be able to nuke all the information afterwards?

Even when your device is locked we can still get location/ audio ping / remote wipe.

We actually recommend that you do put a BlackBerry security password, even if you don't have SmrtGuard

Thanks.
    04-19-09 09:59 PM
    Is anyone else getting a no reply non sense email over and over from SmrtGuard?
    If you are getting this while you are remote locate/tracking or any remote function, you need to simply to reboot via a battery pull.

This is needed b/c when you add your native email after you install SmrtGuard, a reboot is needed to "register" the native email with SmrtGuard.

thanks.
    04-19-09 10:01 PM
    What: SmrtGuard Server Maintenance
    When: April 20th 2009 at 1:00AM EST
    Why: We have put in fixes for the 8330 backup bug and other tweaks to the software.

We will update our twitter page and this forum, as well as update emails to everyone.

After our server upgrade, an update is needed for SmrtGuard to continue to work.

Thanks.
    04-19-09 10:05 PM
    Dear Beta Users,

We have rolled out v1.08.

Here is what's new:

* Improved backup speed - You will see backup speed greatly improved.

* Added secure authentication prior to each back

* Fixed issue with 8330 - those with 8330 and had problem backing up, we need to hear from you to see if this fixed the problem.

* Website has international language support in place - Calling for volunteer to translate our website into these languages: French / Spanish / German / Italian / Indonesian

Contact [email protected] if you want to translate. Volunteer will receive 6 months of SmrtGuard service free!! First come first serve.

How to Upgrade:

A. Can click on the following link from your BlackBerry:
    https://www.smrtguard.com/smrtgota.jsp

The new features will only work with the new software. Please upgrade before trying the new feature from the website.

Please let us know if you have trouble at [email protected]

Thanks,

Beta Team @ SmrtGuard
    04-20-09 04:50 AM
    Haven't tried backing up emails or call logs as I don't need these saved, but contacts backup is still failing (when it gets to 50 contacts). Memos, to-do's, and events all work fine. Everything else seems to be fine as well. Any more info on the contacts situation? I don't have any particularly long addresses.
    We just put out a new release:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/uno...ml#post2330142

Let us know if the backup is now working.

Thanks.
    04-20-09 05:02 AM
    Did the upgrade on my 8330 Curve. At first my email wouldn't backup.
    But after a couple of tries, they did backup.
    Then I set it up to automatic backup and that happened with no problem.
    I reset the automatic backup time, to backup again in an hour.
    Hopefully that will happen also with no problems.
    04-20-09 07:20 AM
    Just downloaded v1.08 on my Curve 8330.

I have always had problems backing up my contacts.

I can report that everything now backs up and it is much, much faster!!!!

Thanks smrtguard!
    04-20-09 08:00 AM
    One thing though, seems like the last few releases the SMS option in the Personal guardian has been removed.

Will this ever be re-enabled or is it something that did not work properly and can't be re-enabled?
    04-20-09 08:01 AM
    One thing though, seems like the last few releases the SMS option in the Personal guardian has been removed.

Will this ever be re-enabled or is it something that did not work properly and can't be re-enabled?
    Glad the backup is going well now

With anything relating to SMS and CDMA BB model, currently there are issues with the platform, there are work around, but our dev team has tried to produce a work around that is consistent, so far no luck.

When we have a good work around, we shall roll them out again.
    04-20-09 08:25 AM
    At least you working on it

Thanks for the updates and a wonderful product!

Any word yet on pricing?
    04-20-09 08:34 AM
    Hi.

I didn't have any backup issues since 1.02 I think, it was very fast BTW, I just upgraded to 1.08 and now it just gets stucked in Preparing Contacts and then it gives me the Failed message.
    Any ideas?
    04-20-09 09:30 AM
    I just went one by one trying to make the backup and I'm having problems with Contacts and Events, same thing than with the first couple of versions released.
    04-20-09 09:40 AM
    Help I want to Beta test. Is it possible? Thanks
    04-20-09 02:17 PM
    I installed the update and noted that the ping via email function still doesn't work well; it seems my regular message alert tone cancels the ping tone.

Since I run an automatic backup at 4AM, I don't know how long it usually takes... but I just ran a manual one that took about thirty seconds. Seems to work great!

Here's my post on SmrtGuard vs. RobLock (both on Storm):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ro...d-beta-210182/
    04-20-09 02:39 PM
455 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD