I am still having a problem making my first backup!

I have tried manual backup and automatic and they both hang on the preparing contacts @ 100...I have 103 contacts.

Every other time I try it I get the Manager is busy message. After a few hours or an uninstall/reinstall will it get the message off.

Under the Your Data tab, it tabulates everything and then goes to working and never stops working.

I did reinstall the tasks program and always had the memopad installed and after that the Your Data actually tabulates...

Any thing else to try? Curve 8330

BTW, using version 1.05

Thanks
    04-02-09 08:34 PM
    It does not work for me at all, I already restarted my phone, and everything is to allowed.

Since 1.03 the only thing working is follow me when activated from my phone

Edit: The back-up also seems to be working
    Last edited by Venc; 04-02-09 at 08:46 PM.
    04-02-09 08:41 PM
    ALright, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

In my backup settings I selected everything but contacts and did a backup and everything backed up.

So the problem lies in the Contacts for some reason. It ALWAYS hangs on preparing contacts 100 and I have 103 contacts.

Could there be something in the contacts causing it to hang?
    04-02-09 08:48 PM
    ALright, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

In my backup settings I selected everything but contacts and did a backup and everything backed up.

So the problem lies in the Contacts for some reason. It ALWAYS hangs on preparing contacts 100 and I have 103 contacts.

Could there be something in the contacts causing it to hang?
    Well he said that the max is 100 contacts. Was that your only problem?

smrtguard you should add the ability to send you feed on your site as it is easier to type on a computer than on the phone
    Last edited by Venc; 04-02-09 at 08:54 PM.
    04-02-09 08:51 PM
    One other minor thing. If I do a manual "Backup Now" I don't get an indicator right away if the backup has started or not (usually takes a little bit to start), so I usually do it twice just to see if it actually started.
    04-02-09 08:59 PM
    PersonalGuard does not work with v1.05. Pressing the BB button for 8secs+ does nothing. It works when I have v1.03.
    04-02-09 09:17 PM
    Oh I never saw that post. I knew there was a bug about the 100 contacts thing I thought but I thought 1.02 or 1.03 fixed it. I will reread the posts again.
    04-02-09 09:19 PM
    BUG REPORT: It's nice that you added the function to ping the BB by sending an email message with sg-audioping in the subject line.

However, the "horning sound," as it's called on the cancel button, only chirps for a few seconds, then I get my standard email alert chime, which seems to cancel the ping.
    04-02-09 09:22 PM
    PersonalGuard does not work with v1.05. Pressing the BB button for 8secs+ does nothing. It works when I have v1.03.
    Do you have it activated?

Remember to click on the app after updating so it would change permission to Allow

UPDATE: Personal Guard is now 12 secs!!!
    04-02-09 09:23 PM
    BUG REPORT: It's nice that you added the function to ping the BB by sending an email message with sg-audioping in the subject line.

However, the "horning sound," as it's called on the cancel button, only chirps for a few seconds, then I get my standard email alert chime, which seems to cancel the ping.
    Good catch I just tested it and got the same problem

Also the calendar is not backing up, and there is no a place to see it on the site
    Last edited by Venc; 04-02-09 at 09:35 PM.
    04-02-09 09:32 PM
    One other thing I noticed in the website now that I have some data in it, is the time zone in the logs.

I am currently in CDT and everything is showing in EDT. Is there a way to change this anywhere?
    04-02-09 09:36 PM
    This is why I thought 103 contacts should work just fine. This taken off their faqs section on the website.

Q3: I have 5,000+ contacts, can SmrtGuard back them all up?

A3: Yes!
    Should work!
    04-02-09 09:46 PM
    This is why I thought 103 contacts should work just fine. This taken off their faqs section on the website.

Should work!
    I'm just telling you about what happened before with another member.

I guess just wait until he signs in
    04-02-09 09:51 PM
    Installed v1.05 and noted the following:

Locate my BB worked faster than it has in any previous version.

Self Destruct which used to work almost immediately took nearly 20 minutes to go through.

Audio Ping which also used to work almost immediately took almost 15 - 20 minutes to go through. When it did finally go through, it was the same pulsing alarm sound as in previous versions. (I saw others indicate theirs activated differently with the new version). I tested it again with the same results.

SG-AUDIOPING was sent out at 9:59 PM and was received and activated at 10:00 PM. Very impressive and very cool addition!

All my back up data is there and I have it set to back up every night for now and have had absolutely no problem with that.

I did not play with Remote Listen yet and will fool around with that over the weekend.

I also did not play with Lock Device yet because quite frankly - I was afraid to! (Need to read up on it more and find out how to Unlock before I go and brick my dam phone!)

David
    04-02-09 10:03 PM

I can confirm this.

Do you have it activated?

Remember to click on the app after updating so it would change permission to Allow

UPDATE: Personal Guard is now 12 secs!!!
    Yes it is activated. Have already done a battery pull too.
    04-02-09 10:05 PM
    Forgot to say Remote Login does not work for me at all, tried a couple of times
    04-02-09 10:23 PM
    Well things were working for me but since upgrading to V1.05 things are not. Thanks for fixing the bug with PersonalGuardian I am now able to exit back to the main menu no problem. I tried the Lock Device and nothing happened. I saw that my device got an e-mail which I am assuming was the smrtguard e-mail but my phone did not lock. My BB is also not tracking at all. I do have a good signal but it is telling me that I do no and that the connection failed. Self-Destruct Test did not do anything for me either. So I am not sure whats going on but these features all worked in V1.04 and are now broken for me in V1.05
    Last edited by bigguy_132; 04-03-09 at 09:50 AM.
    04-03-09 08:35 AM
    Installed v1.05 and noted the following:

Locate my BB worked faster than it has in any previous version.

Self Destruct which used to work almost immediately took nearly 20 minutes to go through.

Audio Ping which also used to work almost immediately took almost 15 - 20 minutes to go through. When it did finally go through, it was the same pulsing alarm sound as in previous versions. (I saw others indicate theirs activated differently with the new version). I tested it again with the same results.

SG-AUDIOPING was sent out at 9:59 PM and was received and activated at 10:00 PM. Very impressive and very cool addition!

All my back up data is there and I have it set to back up every night for now and have had absolutely no problem with that.

I did not play with Remote Listen yet and will fool around with that over the weekend.

I also did not play with Lock Device yet because quite frankly - I was afraid to! (Need to read up on it more and find out how to Unlock before I go and brick my dam phone!)

David

My buddy installed 1.05 on his BB and it is taking forever for it to respond to audio ping or self-desturct test.

His Track my BB is also very slow.

Mine, on the other hand, is almost instantenous. The only difference in mine and his setup is I started out from the start and he started with 1.04 I think.
    04-03-09 09:08 AM
    Just installed this on my Bold and everything works apart from the audio ping...i sent one about 5 mins ago and still nothing...not very good if your in a hurry and you have misplaced your phone..surely it shouldnt take 5mins or more to give an audio alert.
    Also remote listening isnt working for me either.

Any ideas as to why its not working?

Ok seems like audio ping is working...must have been the batt pull that did it. Now if only remote listen would work..also seems like lock device doesnt work either...i send the command but all i get is the email saying web command sent etc but unless im missing something...its not actually locking the device...i have my password set to time out after 5 mins.

Does anyone else find this app to be a memory leaker??...i had 40mb before i installed it and now its down to 36mb...not really that fussed to be honest as my Bold is still pretty quick and nippy.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 04-03-09 at 10:07 AM.
    04-03-09 09:25 AM
    Right after playing around with this for the past hr or so...i like it but one thing thats bugging me is that say if i lose my BB and i try to locate it...now from what i am seeing and hearing...once you send a web command it sends it to your device...so i cant see the point of that really as the person who has your phone can see that your getting emails from smrtguard so if they were smart enough, they could go into the app and turn it off or delete it.
    At the moment i cant see any of my BB emails unless im using my device ie my bb email account that i set up with the smrtguard. So as i was saying...what is the point of sending out a web command email to your device.

Well i guess once you have realised your device is missing, lost or stolen you just press the self destruct button to nuke the phone then call up your provider to get it blocked. I suppose that whats smrtguard is made for isnt it??.

Still no luck on the remote listen option and lock device...so if anyone can let me know how to get it working, id be much appreciated.

The app itself is pretty cool...i like it even though its a bit of a memory leaker.
    04-03-09 10:30 AM
    Do a hard reset with a battery pull and all your issues should be fixed.

Well things were working for me but since upgrading to V1.05 things are not. Thanks for fixing the bug with PersonalGuardian I am now able to exit back to the main menu no problem. I tried the Lock Device and nothing happened. I saw that my device got an e-mail which I am assuming was the smrtguard e-mail but my phone did not lock. My BB is also not tracking at all. I do have a good signal but it is telling me that I do no and that the connection failed. Self-Destruct Test did not do anything for me either. So I am not sure whats going on but these features all worked in V1.04 and are now broken for me in V1.05
    04-03-09 10:46 AM
    Do a hard reset with a battery pull and all your issues should be fixed.
    Tried it. Still most of the features are not working. Tracking is working now, as well as locate my BB. The Self-destruct test still does nothing as well as the lock device does not do anything. I see the e-mail come in it goes away but the phone does not lock.
    04-03-09 11:15 AM
    Tried it. Still most of the features are not working. Tracking is working now, as well as locate my BB. The Self-destruct test still does nothing as well as the lock device does not do anything. I see the e-mail come in it goes away but the phone does not lock.
    Same here, device lock isnt working for me and same goes for the remote listen option either. Those 2 arent working for me.

But the sg-audio ping works brilliantly though...just sent a test email to my bb email and it had my phone sounding off the horn.

EDIT: Ok just tried the options that werent working for me ie remote listen and device lock...tried both options through the website and lo and behold they both work. Awesome stuff BUT i now have an issue that it sends the email to my BB email but on my Bold it shows 3 messages but when i go into my message folder...they dont show up. In order for me to get rid of those waiting messages i have to do a batt pull which kinda sucks. So hopefully its just a glitch and will be rectified.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 04-03-09 at 12:08 PM.
    04-03-09 11:55 AM
    I still dont see the option to delete your account.
    04-03-09 03:05 PM
    I have an issue when i test the self destruct and it sends the email stating that it was sent, it goes to an email that isnt the native one. I have never entered this email with smrtguard either. Any ideas??
    04-03-09 03:28 PM
455 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD