If SmrtGuard fixes the battery draining issue and releases a stable build, I wouldn't pay more than $10 a year for this (how important is data?). I would prefer a one time fee but since this program requires updating to their servers an annual fee would be better suited. Keep in mind no one has tested the backup feature after they wiped their phone or got a new phone. It would be very disappointing to have paid for this app and then when I go to restore my information I have difficulties or get some error.
    03-26-09 10:13 AM
    I wiped my phone after my brother installed an app that caused it to act wierd. I used the restore feature from the first beta of Smtrguard. The only information I lost in the process were my call logs. That was no big deal to me (453 calls is not something I even knew I had stored on my phone).
    Smrtguard saved the day for me.
    That's why the backup problems are so frustrating now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:42 AM
    How about a feature to wipe the sd card?
    03-26-09 10:44 AM
    I am testing this and so far I like it. I would be willing to pay $10.00.
    03-26-09 10:47 AM
    Haven't seen any battery drain

03-26-09 10:49 AM
    This program looks awesome, but I can't get the Track my BB to work. I use BES so the backup and restore feature is not much use, but the tracking feature looks awesome. The error on the screen says I need to setup a native email account. Again, I use BES so I don't need a native bb account. Any help is appreciated
    03-26-09 10:56 AM
    All the features are working very well. After the upgrade, I can register my vodafone uk BB email add.
    Now I'd look forward to have the voice note backup from the full version.
    Thanks.
    03-26-09 12:32 PM
    How about a feature to wipe the sd card?
    Sam,

When self-destruct is activated, it wipes the content of your SD card as well.

ALSO, the wipe also removes the Email (Message) application as well. WHY? To prevent others from reading your new emails

So, if you do decide to test this, be ready to do a reload of Message app using desktop app loader

Thanks.
    03-26-09 01:06 PM
    IF you are noticing battery drain, please make sure the following:

1. Did you send yourself a remote tracking from the website since your last hard reboot?
    2. Is at least one of your data item failed to backup?

If you answer YES to both question, try to do a hard reboot and turn off auto backup.

WHY?

1. When remote tracking is on, unless you send yourself a stop tracking message, it will keep on tracking until it dies.
    2. If you have failed backup items, it will try to backup again every 15 mins (we are thinking of a limit).

Thanks.
    03-26-09 01:10 PM
    I may have to uninstall. The personal guardian keeps sending out and I'm charging my phone after 3 hours of use. I'm giving it one more day because I love the backup feature but the battery drain is making me nuts.
    03-26-09 01:11 PM
    The data screen in SmrtGuard is showing emails:104, but when it attempts to do a backup, it only wants to backup 53 of them (10/53 etc), and it also fails every time. Is this a known issue?

fenderf4i

We only backup 50 of your recent email from each of the email account on your BlackBerry. So 53 probably means you have two accounts, one has 50 email being backup and 3 from another account b/c it only has three.

As for failing every time on backup, to help us troubleshoot, can you send us the log from your BlackBerry?

Before backing up your email in SmrtGuard do this:
    1. From the homescreen, press Alt+LGLG, this opens the logs
    2. Clear the log by press "clear log" from the menu
    3. Goto backup screen in SmrtGuard and check off only email for backup
    4. When it fails, exit SmrtGuard
    5. From the homescreen again, press Alt+LGLG, this opens the logs
    6. Copy and paste the log into an email to [email protected]

Thanks
    03-26-09 01:15 PM
    I may have to uninstall. The personal guardian keeps sending out and I'm charging my phone after 3 hours of use. I'm giving it one more day because I love the backup feature but the battery drain is making me nuts.
    1. Did you send yourself a remote tracking from the website since your last hard reboot?
    2. Is at least one of your data item failed to backup?

If you answer YES to both question, try to do a hard reboot and turn off auto backup.

WHY?

1. When remote tracking is on, unless you send yourself a stop tracking message, it will keep on tracking until it dies.
    2. If you have failed backup items, it will try to backup again every 15 mins (we are thinking of a limit).

Thanks.
    03-26-09 01:20 PM
    I'll give it a go. But I'm concerned that I can't use the personal guardian function as well. When I set it up it sends out every time I hit the menu key. Cried wolf about 20x the other day.
    Just checked and my tracking wasn't on. Checked the backup to never and I'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Chicklet; 03-26-09 at 01:34 PM.
    03-26-09 01:23 PM
    OK my emails still won't back up. And now when I go into the program at the bottom of the backup page it keeps saying working. And if/when I click on the backup now I get a popup message saying "the work manger is busy. please try again later" with an OK button.
    03-26-09 03:32 PM
    I can't log in on the web tried finding my info via email lookup said invaled email. Tried a new acct. But said email already used. Created new act but your system says invaded reg. Number. Any way to purge my info from your sight? I'd like to start all over. Bb storm os 4.7.113 verizon. Thanks

Any help with this

03-26-09 03:59 PM
    Looks like it would be a cool app, if it worked...the activation code e-mailed to me does not work, renderoing this app useless...glad I didn't pay for this usefull, yet useless app...thanks for nothing...
    03-26-09 04:40 PM
    Looks like it would be a cool app, if it worked...the activation code e-mailed to me does not work, renderoing this app useless...glad I didn't pay for this usefull, yet useless app...thanks for nothing...
    You won't be missed. No worries.
    03-26-09 04:42 PM
    i am liking the app so far the only problem I am having is with the personal guardian .It doesn't work on my phone. Anyone knows how can i make it work?
    03-26-09 05:35 PM
    Hi All,

We are upgrading our server to handle more traffic.

We are hoping that this will address some of the network timeout issues that people were having.

When the server is back, we will let you know.

Thanks for your support.
    03-26-09 05:53 PM
    Our server upgrade is completed.

Let us know if you experience downtime still.

Thanks.
    03-26-09 06:21 PM
    Morpheus,

Email us at [email protected] but usually these are the common problems with activation:

1. Your BB PIN wasn't entered correctly when you first set up, you can use our reset BB Page to correct this.
    https://www.smrtguard.com/Main?modul...ction=resetPin

2. You missed type the code that we gave you.

3. You have more than one record in our system with the same BBPIN. This is a bug that we had earlier with the system, which has been fixed so that it will not allow you to activate with the same BB PIN. Normally you can't sign on with the same email, but if you sign on with different emails AND create the account with the same BBPIN, then when you activate, you will have problems. If this is you, email us, and we can try to clear this up for you.

Thanks for your patience.
    03-26-09 07:02 PM
    i am liking the app so far the only problem I am having is with the personal guardian .It doesn't work on my phone. Anyone knows how can i make it work?
    Parana6,

What is the problem? When you hold for 8 seconds, does your BB vibrate?

Thanks.
    03-26-09 07:03 PM
    KNOWN ISSUE:

Normally, you need to hold the menu key for 8 seconds to activate Personal Guardian. However, if you hold the menu key for 5 seconds and then let go. Later on you hold for just 3 seconds, it will still vibrate.

We have a fix for this, will be released with the next release.

Thanks.
    03-26-09 07:06 PM
    Any help with this

Moosc,

Hope this help.

1. Your BB PIN wasn't entered correctly when you first set up, you can use our reset BB Page to correct this.
    https://www.smrtguard.com/Main?modul...ction=resetPin

2. You missed type the code that we gave you.

3. You have more than one record in our system with the same BBPIN. This is a bug that we had earlier with the system, which has been fixed so that it will not allow you to activate with the same BB PIN. Normally you can't sign on with the same email, but if you sign on with different emails AND create the account with the same BBPIN, then when you activate, you will have problems. If this is you, email us, and we can try to clear this up for you.

Email us at [email protected] and we will try to sort it out for you.
    03-26-09 07:07 PM
    I'll give it a go. But I'm concerned that I can't use the personal guardian function as well. When I set it up it sends out every time I hit the menu key. Cried wolf about 20x the other day.
    Just checked and my tracking wasn't on. Checked the backup to never and I'll see how it goes.
    Chicklet,

let us know.

Thanks.
    03-26-09 07:08 PM
455 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD