So I've been doing some searching lately to find an app that unmasks private callers phone numbers and have yet to reveal a good link or even an app. It becomes very irritating when people call anonymous and just sit there and say nothing. I'd like to know if there is such a app and if n e one else has ever had the same problem I've been having.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 11:07 PM
    I usually ignore the call and send it straight to the voicemail. Also if it gets so bad changing your number could be a simple solution?
    07-07-09 11:23 PM
    Your probably right, but I shouldn't have to. I usually do send it straight to voice mail, but I'd really like to know who it is. It's undoubtedly been intriguing.

07-07-09 11:36 PM
    from what I hear most of the time when it is an unknown number/anonymous number and when you answer no one is is on the other end.. its usually a computer that is recording when you are most likely to answer the phone for telesales peeps to call you..

very irritating i know.. i put my number on the do not call cell phone list and i stopped getting them..

Hope this helps!!

Danielle
    07-07-09 11:40 PM
    TrapCall - Unmask Blocked Calls

that should do the trick
    07-07-09 11:40 PM
    That's what I'm talkin about thanks.

07-08-09 12:06 AM

that should do the trick
    THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!
    07-08-09 01:57 PM
    I agree, donotcall list. However, you may want to try youmail. I personally love it. There is an option that allows you to select specific VM greetings for private or unknown callers. Additionally, you can 'ditchmail' private/unknown numbers (they can not leave a message). So if this person has any hope in getting through to you, they will call back on a non-blocked number.

Youmail is great AND its free.

07-08-09 03:59 PM

that should do the trick
    This looks like a service you have to pay for each month, I'd much rather have software. (one time pay)
    07-08-09 06:09 PM
    This looks like a service you have to pay for each month, I'd much rather have software. (one time pay)
    It is web-based. The always free one works pretty good. It's what I'm using
    right now. All that sucks is that to see the private number unmasked you
    need to logon to your account to see the number instead of it coming to your
    caller ID
    07-08-09 06:17 PM
    You stated you had an always free version of trapcall or some other software you had to log into your computer to get the results. Please tell me what site that is because it actually works and I have been having calls I need unmasked in the middle of the night and want to prove who I know it to be.
    05-01-10 09:52 PM
    Youmail works for me. You have to miss the call, BUT youmail will then unmask it for you when it sends you the missed call alert either email, or SMS (depending on your settings)

Moving thread to 3rd Party Apps
    05-01-10 10:40 PM
    https://www.callunblock.com unblocks blocked callerid and private numbers, Provides Advanced phone number lookup, Blacklists callers, Record phone calls on the clod, Voicemail Transactions, Suports carrier voicemail (for ATT and T-Mobile) and email voicemail in mp3 format. Packages starting at $2.99 per month
    06-12-13 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD