Hey all,

So I accidently pressed accept when linking facebook to my phone. I friggin hate it. THe contact pics, calendars etc.

I want them gone, I hope i dont have to wipe my phone and do a restore to do so.

Any helps would be appreciated. I already tried to delete fb cical and the calendar **** is still there.
    05-04-10 09:05 PM
    I have a Facebook calendar that I would like gone as well...
    05-04-10 09:40 PM
    I think you first have to go into the apps' options and uncheck the options that connect facebook to your contacts, then you have to log out and then log back in. You might still have to fix the crap the app messed up in your contacts list, I've quit from facebook myself, it just got too bothersome. Gizmodo has an article about top ten reasons to leave facebook I think. As for the calendar you can just go to your service book area and delete the facebook.cal I think.
    05-04-10 09:44 PM
    Open facebook and them press the bb menu and uncheck everything. If your using the facebook app it will still work with everything unchecked.
    05-04-10 09:51 PM
    Highlight the Facebook icon, Blackberry button, Delete...and never install that worthless, thoughtless, piece-of-crap app for the rest of your life. m.facebook.com

....If you really need it I would try reinstalling it.
    Edit: saw you tried that.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 10:29 PM
    you have to delete all the entries individually
    05-05-10 02:42 AM
    Funny thing, I actually miss having my contacts linked to FB, but my IT policy prevents it from happening. So, I want what you do not want.
    05-05-10 08:32 AM
    I had the same problem, there is an easy fix, at least for calendar events like friend's birthdays (much better than deleting things individually).

1. Go to the Calendar app, click the menu button, to to "Options."
    2. Highlight the Facebook calender, type "RSET [only one 'E']". Click "Okay" or whatever the option is.
    3. Go to the following: Main Menu > Settings > Options > Advanced Options > Service Book
    4. Delete the file that says "Facebook [CICAL]"
    5. Go to the Facebook app, make sure that all of the first three options are unchecked (Calendar, Message, Contacts).

That should fix everything besides contact pictures, but those are a little bit easier to either get used to or delete on your desktop before your next sync. The reason that deleting the CICAL by itself doesn't work is that even though it temporarily stops syncing, it doesn't delete entries that have already been added. If you follow the above steps and make sure that all of those options are unchecked, even though the CICAL will appear yet again in a few days, it won't add any entries/edits to your Blackberry.

The thing that drives me crazy is that even if you uncheck the "Add to my Calendar" option but leave "Add to my Contacts," it will still add all your friends' birthdays to your calender. Such a pain, if it weren't for that I would have liked to have my contacts sync up. Time for them to come out with Facebook for BB 2.0, maybe that one will actually work properly.
    05-05-10 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD