hey guys

when i first got my tour running 4.7.61, i installed the facebook app. it ran as a standalone app, meaning that the notifications did not come up on my blackberry, and the calendar wasnt integrated with my BB calendar. i liked it this way and was perfectly happy. when i upgraded to OS5, facebook just latched itself on, merging notifications and calendar. is there any way to un-link the facebook app without removing it outright? and if i do remove it, how do i get rid of the facebook calendar - whenever i try to add a calendar entry, it defaults it to the facebook calendar. i dont want those 2 to sync.

thanks!
    04-27-10 11:53 AM
    I dont use the facebook app but I do know when you install the application it asks if you want to sync it with calender,contacts, and I think notifications. Check around and see if theyre in the options and you can disable them, if not try uninstalling and re-installing and once its installed it will prompt and ask if you want to sync those. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
    04-27-10 11:58 AM
    ive tried this - i removed the app, then reinstalled and unchecked everything during setup. it still connects - its as though the original delete didnt really delete anything.

i just deleted the app completely, but the calendar is still there. how do i get rid of it?
    04-27-10 11:59 AM
    To delete the Facebook calendar, go into advanced options, then service books and find Facebook cical and delete it. Your Facebook calendar will be gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:04 AM
    ^ nice, thanks!!
    04-28-10 10:48 AM
    advanced settings on the blackberry? or in facebook? How do I get to advanced settings on the blacberry?
    03-22-13 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD