I have an app icon showing up in the notification bar that I hace no clue what it is or what it means?

BatteryEx is the newest app that I installed and I don't think its related to that

Can anyone help me? I'd like to know what it is and how I can get rid of it.

Its the center app icon in the notification bar up top. The one on the left (with a 17 beside it) is a battery monitor and the one on the right is a thermometer (with the 12 beside it). What's the one in the middle with the 1 beside it? It was showing a 3 before I did a restart to see if that would get rid of it...

Attachment 91758

Its nothing to do with app world, I've checked all that to make sure there's no app updates etc waiting to be installed...

Edit: SOLVED!!!
    It was the BatteryEx icon which I had set to show the remaining time left instead of the usual percentage.... See post 11 below for a better explanation.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Big_Ern; 08-19-11 at 08:39 AM.
    08-19-11 05:01 AM
    kinda looks like a scheduled event. nothing shows up once you hit the notification bar? the icon disappears and then reappears once closing notification area?
    Big_Ern likes this.
    08-19-11 06:40 AM
    kinda looks like a scheduled event. nothing shows up once you hit the notification bar? the icon disappears and then reappears once closing notification area?
    When I hit the notification bar the calendar and any unread messages I have pop up like it always did before this icon was showing... The icon is still there (as are the other icons) when I have clicked the bar and once I close it as well... nothing changes

Right now I just noticed only the round icon is showing with no number beside it.

I have no upcoming scheduled events for today. And the icon was not there yesterday nor the day before when I had some calendar events scheduled
    08-19-11 06:46 AM
    hmmm, im fuzzy on the icons displayed that i use rarely. hopefully someone will chime in with a solution.
    08-19-11 06:58 AM
    Thanks for trying

I'm hoping someone who has seen it before will chime in
    08-19-11 07:04 AM
    it must be for a third party app you have installed. Here is the list of icons in os 7 from Blackberry.

Icon Guide - BlackBerry Smartphones - 7.0
    08-19-11 07:12 AM
    Do you have a custom alarm or timer app?
    08-19-11 07:37 AM
    Looks like a compass...
    08-19-11 07:43 AM
    Do you have a custom alarm or timer app?
    Nope.

I had a time installed (chronograph) but I uninstalled it when you mentioned this and did a reboot after and there's no change... Icon still there but I no longer have the timer which has been there since I swapped to this 9900 3 days ago and this icon only showed up a few hours ago when I started this thread....

Looks like a compass...
    I thought so too. Today was the first time I've ever used the built in compass app but I have closed the app and checked all its settings and there is nothing in there...hmm
    08-19-11 07:55 AM
    Bomb timer! Looks like you have very little time to go before it explodes.
    Just kidding.
    08-19-11 08:07 AM
    Hahaaa thanks

But you're actually kind of right!!! It was the icon for BatteryEx because I set it to display time remaining on my battery instead of the level, so it was a timebomb counting down how many hours charge I had left lol (The other battery icon was some other battery monitoring app I have installed - BatteryWatch)

I changed BatteryEx to display the batt level instead and it went away!
    Me smrtlol
    Last edited by Big_Ern; 08-19-11 at 08:24 AM.
    08-19-11 08:22 AM
    Sounds like AppWorld's Updated App indicator. One of your apps has an update you can download.
    08-19-11 08:32 AM
    Sounds like AppWorld's Updated App indicator. One of your apps has an update you can download.
    I was thinking that myself, but checked and no... But I did just find my answer! It was the BatteryEx app icon that was set to show the time my batt had left instead of the usual percentage....
    08-19-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD