i just got my own plan less than 3 days ago. I deleted the facebook app and now can't reinstall it no matter what! even customer service ppl couldn't help me. Since i can still terminate the contract w/o fees do you think they will give me a new curve if i ask?

the site to reinstall the software says it doesnt exist....
    06-02-10 10:27 PM
    it worked before i deleted it
    06-02-10 10:31 PM
    What have they had you do so far to try to fix it?

I'd imagine at the very least they'd want you to re-install the OS before they'll just give you a new one...but yes, if the device you have doesn't work (and especially if you're within the 30 day window), I'd imagine you'll have no problem getting a replacement or be able to switch to a different device for a re-stock fee.*

*I don't work for Verizon...so this is just a guess.
    06-02-10 10:34 PM
    ok yeah i tried everything w/ the customer service representatives. everything works fine besides that...ill just complain that ill terminate my contract...desperate measure lol
    06-02-10 10:36 PM
    Get IM+, you can do a lot more than just Facebook.
    06-02-10 10:39 PM
    ok yeah i tried everything w/ the customer service representatives. everything works fine besides that...ill just complain that ill terminate my contract...desperate measure lol
    Define "everything". Are you new to Blackberry (in other words, are you familiar with usual troubleshooting steps, or no)? Did they suggest an OS re-install?
    06-02-10 10:39 PM
    no os restall but the problem is with the bb site to download the facebook software
    06-02-10 10:41 PM
    idk if i can get my phone back to factory settings b/c facebook came default on it
    06-02-10 10:42 PM
    idk if i can get my phone back to factory settings b/c facebook came default on it
    If you re-install the OS that will definitely put it back...but you'll want to try everything easy first.

Have you tried to download the FB app directly from RIM? (link) Try both Over-The-Air and the download to computer options (if possible).

EDIT: Hmmm...seeing the download site is "under maintenance"...may just need to wait until they're back up.
    06-02-10 10:50 PM
    yeah i tried both. but i just tried the bb site again and now it says their doing maintenence...so maybe there going to fix the problem
    06-02-10 10:52 PM
    i'll see tomorrow and if not, ill just go the store and complain. ughh. but thank you for helping me, i really appreciate you dedicating your time
    06-02-10 10:53 PM
    Actually, the OTA for Facebook from RIM is here: Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones, not the one that pete listed. It's down at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by travelingfool; 06-02-10 at 10:57 PM.
    06-02-10 10:55 PM
    I'm guessing the problem may very well be with them at the moment, and not your device -- if it were me I'd do the same, wait a day and see if they fix it first before doing anything else.
    06-02-10 10:55 PM
    @traveling fool.....yeah both links to the download say its undergoing maintence...i emailed them about the prob. and then site went down so i feel like im in the windows 7 comercial lol

yeah pete im going to wait to see..thanks!
    06-02-10 10:59 PM
    Download it from the App World its the same. u just don't have till they fix the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD