Hi All,

I've read a few threads about this error but haven't yet seen any explanation of what it actually means.

I recently installed a list-making app called "Lister" and immediately began getting an error message saying "uncaught exception: javal.lang.Error" along with the "OK" button. Battery pulls didn't fix the problem so I finally deleted the app. I haven't yet bothered with installing it again but would still be interested in using the app if I could avoid the error.

Does anyone actually know specifically what the error means? All the other threads mention getting the error when using various other apps, but nothing seems to explain the error or its likely cause.

The only thing I suspect might be related is that I tightened all the Lister permissions from the default "Allow" settings to much more restricted settings (I wasn't sure why a list-making app would need access to my User Data).

Thanks ahead for any help or info.
    03-15-11 01:20 PM
    contact the company you bought it from, they have a coding bug in their app that is causing the exception to be thrown,

The BB OS does not know what to do with the error so it just throws up the error dialog box and terminates the app.
    BBMINI likes this.
    03-15-11 02:37 PM
    There are different "uncaught exception:" errors it's after the ":" that indicates the cause.

From my experience, whenever you get the "javal.lang.Error" you have downloaded a version that is not compatible with your phone model (i.e. 9500 version on a 9530 phone). Double check that your phone model is listed on the Compatible Models list.
    BBMINI likes this.
    03-15-11 02:46 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I'm still not sure what was causing the issue, but I downloaded it again from CB's App Store (rather than from RIM's AppWorld originally), and the new installation is working fine. I did like being able to choose the BB model I'm using on CB's store, whereas I don't think I was able to do that on AppWorld (although this is a pretty simple App and it looked like it was broadly applicable across most all BBs and OS versions). Who knows, but thx again for your ideas.
    03-16-11 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD