Hey all,

Sorry for the trouble, but i've been having problems trying to update my Blackberry Application Loader in my BB Desktop Manager.

I just downloaded the BB Desktop Manager in my new laptop, and everytime i try to update my OS, they tell me that my

"BB App Loader needs to be updated before you can continue. Do you want to want to update it now?"

When I click yes, a popup says

"Existing BB software has been detected, on you computer and must be closed before proceeding. Disconnect your device and click OK to close these applications. Otherwise click cancel to stop the installation."

When I disconnect my BB and click OK, the updater flashes for a bit, and then the BB Desktop opens again and the whole cycle repeats itself.

They tell me that the BB App loader needs to be updated again.

Can someone help me?

Thank you so much!
    06-22-10 09:08 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 09:31 AM
    Hey all,

Sorry for the trouble, but i've been having problems trying to update my Blackberry Application Loader in my BB Desktop Manager.

I just downloaded the BB Desktop Manager in my new laptop, and everytime i try to update my OS, they tell me that my

"BB App Loader needs to be updated before you can continue. Do you want to want to update it now?"

When I click yes, a popup says

"Existing BB software has been detected, on you computer and must be closed before proceeding. Disconnect your device and click OK to close these applications. Otherwise click cancel to stop the installation."

When I disconnect my BB and click OK, the updater flashes for a bit, and then the BB Desktop opens again and the whole cycle repeats itself.

They tell me that the BB App loader needs to be updated again.

Can someone help me?

Thank you so much!
    I encountered this as well the first time I upgraded my 9700. I'm checking on my work PC, so here are the steps:

1 - Got update App Loader messsage and DM is downloading the application loader software.

2 - BB Software Updater starts and now says "Existing BB software detected, disconnect device and click okay to close the program"

3 - Disconnected using Safely Remove Hardware.

4 - Clicked OK and DM closes.

5 - BB Software Updater continues.

6 - BB Software Updater finishes and DM starts and says to connect device.

7 - Connect my BB and select my PIN.

8 - App Loader continues and shows whats on my BB (no OS installed on my work PC).
    06-22-10 09:42 AM
    are you deleting your vendor.xml?
    06-22-10 10:09 AM
    It's not a actual OS install issue. DM want's to update App Loader. I assume it's because I was connecting my 9700 or an OS 5 device to DM for the first time. I had an 8320 with OS 4.5. Actually it did not happen the first time went to upgrade, but the the first time I ran App Loader in DM with my 9700 connected.
    06-22-10 10:29 AM
    06-22-10 10:30 AM
    Mmm.. Have u tried uninstalling DM and installing the latest one?

06-22-10 10:31 AM
    This is not a vendor.xml issue yet. DM needs to update App Loader, and the BB Desktop Software Updater is no working correctly.
    06-22-10 10:32 AM
    Mmm.. Have u tried uninstalling DM and installing the latest one?

That's something to try, but it sounds like the OP is using DM 5, which checks for software updates. It may be necessary to uninstall and reinstall DM.
    06-22-10 10:33 AM
    Hi all!

Thanks for the help, I did uninstall and reinstall the DM, and its running on the latest version, but the problem still exists. :/
    06-25-10 12:51 AM
    did you ever solve this? I have the same prob now
    06-25-10 01:08 PM
    I am having the same problem. It is definitely a DM issue, otherwise OS.

I just tried installing DM onto a computer that never even connected to a blackberry devise before, so it is definitely clean. Still same issue, application loader still required an upgrade, and going through the loop
    06-26-10 02:25 AM
    Ummm unplug your BB. Worked for me!

EDIT: Nvm, I see that you have already tried this. Sorry. I got nothing.
    Last edited by cardu3851; 06-26-10 at 02:29 AM.
    06-26-10 02:26 AM
    Does somebody has the solution to this problem. I can not get my BB to update the app loader.
    06-26-10 06:54 AM
    Are you all using windows 7?
    06-26-10 07:41 AM
    I wondered about that, but mine went through on Vista x64.
    06-26-10 08:26 AM
    Found a workaround for you

go to :

c:

program files

common files

RIM

Apploader

run the LOADER.exe

follow the instructions

(keep in mind ur OS file must be installed on ur PC before doing this )

I do it this way all the time- keep DM closed while you are doing it this way

cheers
    06-26-10 11:29 AM
    That works, but I wonder why some can do the DM update and others can't?
    06-26-10 12:02 PM
    Mine I just disable the internet and both DM and loader.exe works everytime.

06-27-10 09:34 PM
    yes windows 7
    06-28-10 02:12 AM
    Odd that so many are having problems. I did this both Vista 64 and XP systems, and worked like a charm.
    06-28-10 06:30 AM
    Had no issues upgrading on XP either.

06-28-10 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD