i think my terminology is corrrect (appoligize if it's not) but i believe short message codes would be for example sending "weather, toledo oh" to the phone number 46645 to get the weather information from google for toledo, oh. or another example would be sms message sent to 40404 for twitter updates.

i have the storm 9530 from verizon, i'm in the us, my coverage is fine, this is a fairly new phone. i filed an insurance claim, replacement was damaged, replacements replacement was damaged, assurion finally gave me a brand new phone instead of refurb after that. i've been using this new one since approx sept 21 and as of last friday, oct 2.. i have become unable to send messages to the short message code numbers, like google or twitter. twitter is the only one i really ever use, i simply tried the google number to see if it was a problem with twitter, or with my ability to send the messages.. and both failed. some sms to other verizon users also indicate on my phone that they were not delivered.. but showing the red 'x' next to the message. however, in most instances.. the person will text me back and indicate that they actually DID receive the message (as otherwise indicated by the red 'x'). the twitter and google updates are not going thru though, as they do not update on twitters web address which i can verify on the pc, and google does not reply with any message in any way. i am still however receiving twitter updates on the phone, which come from the same number (40404).

i tried everything i could think of myself to resolve this. memory cleaner, cleared all browsing cache, bat pulls, removed some 3rd party apps, more bat pulls. didn't work. after day or two, decided to try verizon's tech support. they had me do the same things i'd already done. they had me pull the battery, and while it was out, deleted my profile (or similar - i'm not sure the terms the rep used), and they 're-built' it and had me reprogram the phone over the air. another bat pull, and still didn't work. she sent me a text from her phone (the verizon rep) and i got it, i replied and she got it. she was going to issue me a service ticket, but wanted me to wipe the phone first. and i didn't have the time right then. so i did a wipe last night at home. including 3rd party apps. as soon as the phone was active, i did *228 and when programming was succesfull, i sms text my girlfriend in the next room.. she got my message, and i got her reply. so i sent to each google and twitter, and both came back with the red 'x' again. talked to another verizon rep today for over an hour. still no luck. he went thru everything he could think of. re-registed service books, few other things. he had me connect the phone, and re-install the whole OS thru the desktop manager. went thru the application loader, in settings checked both boxes under device options t delete all app data and erase all currently installed apps. left the top two boxes under backup options unchecked. this took a long time, so he let me go and said he would call back in 20-30 minutes to continue. well that was about 4 hours ago.. so i just went ahead and did the basic setup on the phone.. time zone, etc. didn't do any email config or anything like that. i did *228, programmed successfully, and tried the messages to google and twitter again and failed once more! i'm sick of this phone at this point!! i've been thru so many of them, and been having such a difficult time getting the thing to operate as it's supposed to! it has the potential to be the phone that i want, but things never seem to work as they should with it!!!

anybody have any ideas that might remedy this situation and get the messaging to work as it should?

the original storm that i had was a bit quirky at first, but i got it in jan of 09 when it was relatively new. since the OS update came out, it had been a dream. worked perfect! reason i had to replace it was my own fault.. it was left out in the rain (but still worked!) dropped, melted, casing broke, screen cracked.. still worked!! but after about a month using it with all this stuff damaged, the touch screen finally started to go. this new phone, is only about 2 weeks old, and has had absolutely no abuse what so ever.
    10-05-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD