OK, apologies in advance if this is covered. I've searched and can't find the answer to this question:

I just upgraded to the Tour a few days ago and with that, I decided to delete my gmail account from my sprint.blackberry.com account and load up the gmail app to see if I like this version. My issue comes from the fact with this app, I no longer can read my html emails. The email options to receive HTML are checked and it's not an issue with my BES account or my hotmail account, that I still have loaded thru the sprint.blackberry.com account.

Thanks in advance for assistance everyone.
    07-22-09 12:52 PM
    OK, apologies in advance if this is covered. I've searched and can't find the answer to this question:

I just upgraded to the Tour a few days ago and with that, I decided to delete my gmail account from my sprint.blackberry.com account and load up the gmail app to see if I like this version. My issue comes from the fact with this app, I no longer can read my html emails. The email options to receive HTML are checked and it's not an issue with my BES account or my hotmail account, that I still have loaded thru the sprint.blackberry.com account.

Thanks in advance for assistance everyone.
    I do not think the APP will show HTML. Only the BB Inbox does. I only pull up the APP for starred or archived emails.
    07-22-09 12:59 PM
    I do not think the APP will show HTML. Only the BB Inbox does. I only pull up the APP for starred or archived emails.

I just confirmed via Google Mobile site, in fact does NOT support HTML.
    07-22-09 01:01 PM
    Good stuff, thanks for the quick response Go Blue. There's my answer. Now I just have to decide what's more important, synch with the app or html email with the BIS account. Thanks again.
    07-22-09 01:05 PM
    Good stuff, thanks for the quick response Go Blue. There's my answer. Now I just have to decide what's more important, synch with the app or html email with the BIS account. Thanks again.
    NP. I have heard rumblings of RIM releasing a GMAIL client for BIS that will in fact give you all if not most of the GMAIL APP functions (don't quote me).
    07-22-09 01:06 PM
    If you set up your BIS (sprint.blackberry.net ... or whatever) to use GMAIL in IMAP (see the forums for instructions on setting this up...it is easy) you can have HTML emails and syncing (minus the starred and labeled messages).

With IMAP you can have it so when you read an email on your phone it is marked as read on the internet. However, this does NOT go the other way, so if you read a message on the internet gmail page, it WON'T show up as read on your phone....just throwing this out there.

I really like this set up, but if 2-way was possible, that would be amazing!
    07-22-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD