i noticed there was a newer version to what i had earlier so i deleted my old one and when i try to get the new one it won't let me download.

i've tried a million times from getviigo.com to no avail.

can someone else have a go and see if it's not just me.

anyone by any chance have a copy of a setup for it that they could put online?
    06-08-10 05:20 AM
    Have you tried grabbing it from AppWorld?
    06-08-10 07:36 AM
    i noticed there was a newer version to what i had earlier so i deleted my old one and when i try to get the new one it won't let me download.

i've tried a million times from getviigo.com to no avail.

can someone else have a go and see if it's not just me.

anyone by any chance have a copy of a setup for it that they could put online?
    What exactly happens when you try to download from getviigo.com? Is there a message that pops up? Does everything just stall? We can only help you if we know what is happening.
    06-08-10 08:45 AM
    Same thing happen to me! I just got the 9650 and everytime i go to getviigo.com and try to forward a link via text or email the links only take me back to the home page. I never got the OTA link and BB App World doesnt even show it.
    06-08-10 02:07 PM
    thanks for the replies guys helpful community here

so i open my blackberry browser and go to getviigo.com
    i click on the big Download button. i can't get it from app world because i'm in china which doesn't support app world and i don't have bis/bes either, i'm using tcp.
    so i've clicked the download button and a requesting bar comes up on the bottom of the screen, loads for about 30secs and then i get a message saying:
    A communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider.
    06-08-10 07:18 PM
    ok i've got it. turns out downloads.viigo.com is blocked from china.
    i used a proxy and went to
    downloads.viigo.com/files/T9R4/PublicBeta/DESKTOP/SE/420/480x320/
    downloaded all the files in there and ran the alx from desktop manager and.... it says no new software detected!!!
    now i really am stumped. i have a 8900 on os 4.6
    06-08-10 07:35 PM
    i have the 9650 and had trouble finding it in appworld, so after a bit if trial and error, i simply went to viigo.com from the blackberry browser and downloaded the app---easy cheesy.
    06-08-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD