I recently upgraded to RBs 2.5 hybrid from 2.2 and now my facebook app keeps telling me it can't establish a connection with the facebook server everytime i try to log in. i have uninstalled and installed the app several times, deleted the service books and resent them, as well as wiped the BB and reinstalled the OS 2x now only to come to the same problem. facebook is the only app doing this, ubertwitter, nobex, GPS, and everything else i have to log into works just fine. and lastly yes i've done several battery pulls. any help out there? i'm thinking i'm going to go back to 2.2 when i get off work.
    Last edited by adambarrios; 07-23-10 at 11:57 AM.
    07-23-10 09:46 AM
    I have a bold 9000 and just upgraded to the .822 leak. I'm having the same issue. After reading several Others posts they are having the same problem even after downgrading to their prior OS. Not sure but maybe its a Facebook issue? Hope they get it fixed soon.... I'm always on FB!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 09:56 AM
    App issue. I am getting the same thing. I was logged in and things were working fine. To test for this thread, I logged out and tried to get back in. This seems to have started last night from trying to post from another device of course last night...
    07-23-10 10:10 AM
    i'm starting to wonder if it is facebook as well, if i type in the wrong password it'll tell me i typed the wrong one but won't connect if i type in the right one. so if it can't establish the connection how is it able to connect to tell me i have the wrong password? interesting but frustrating, i use it a lot too.
    07-23-10 10:21 AM
    Looks like a Facebook server issue.

If you check the correct forum (3rd Party BlackBerry Apps) you'll find this... http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fac...ys-now-501766/
    07-23-10 10:42 AM
    not sure if anyone else's is working but i found a solution after surfing around google finding other's with the same problem. check out this site and you'll be up and going in no time and with the facebook 1.8 version!

Facebook App For BlackBerry Beta Version 1.8.0.31 Leaked – Keycode Workaround! | BlackBerryRocks.com
    07-23-10 11:56 AM
    didnt work for me
    07-23-10 12:39 PM
    Yea, I updated my OS to .602 last night OTA, and now FB wont establish a connection. No idea if the OS update is just a coincidence or not.
    07-23-10 01:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem login into facebook.

07-23-10 02:09 PM
    ok so i just bought the bold 9700 about a month ago everything was working fine up until last night. now i get connection can not be established to the facebook server, (whole reason i bought he phone was bc of that). i have tried registering it, turned my phone off and on still nothing.
    07-23-10 02:09 PM
    It is FB.

07-23-10 02:10 PM
    Shasmi, how do you know is FB the problem?

07-23-10 03:30 PM
    Because apps around the world cannot talk to the server?

07-23-10 04:19 PM
    I remember this problem happening on an update for the tour back in January and a few days later they release another facebook update. Hopefully it will be just as fast!
    07-23-10 04:23 PM
    Days? Oh **** no. There is no official update to FB. 1.7.0.22 I believe is the latest.

07-23-10 05:16 PM
    I remember this problem happening on an update for the tour back in January and a few days later they release another facebook update. Hopefully it will be just as fast!
    So what do you guys think the solution is? for FB to release an updated version of their Blackberry FB application or for RIM to release a revision of our current OS?
    07-23-10 07:21 PM
    I believe I've found the solution to the problem. Log into Facebook from the desktop version and go to your settings>notifications>UNCHECK Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones. I did that and it worked for me, please confirm if that works.

07-23-10 09:29 PM
    I just had this same problem yesterday. I thought it was because I deleted some facebook service books but I don't think that was the reason. I just gave it about 36 hours or so and it started working again.
    07-23-10 10:44 PM
    delete the app from application settings.... worked for me... been in with no issues not for about 2 hours ...
    07-23-10 11:29 PM
    I've been having the same problem for a couple of days, I was finally able to log in tonight. Does anybody know about a new version 1.8?
    07-23-10 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD