As stated above, anyone having this problem? or if anyone has a solution i'd be greatful
    11-10-09 12:44 PM
    I want this phone now! RIGHT NOW!!!
    11-10-09 11:29 PM
    I just got my 9700 and I downloaded app World and i worked no problems.
    11-11-09 12:38 AM
    I downloaded it at first, and I had no problems.

Problems arose when I tried to delete some apps. First, AppWorld disappeared from my menu, but was running in the background because I could see it in Application Switcher. When I switched to AppWorld, I could use the app quite fine, but when I click menu->close, nothing would happen. I rebooted my phone and the same thing was happening -- AppWorld was not a downloaded application (as in I couldn't find the icon anywhere on my bb), yet it was running :s (?!?!?!). I did a battery pull and AppWorld is no longer running in the background nor is it installed in my phone. Weird, since I never uninstalled AppWorld to begin with. Waiting for some upgrades from RIM before I try "reinstalling" it again....
    11-11-09 12:42 AM
    i transferred my apps to my 9700 from my previous Bold and the Appworld was dissappeared...

Notice that i am from Greece and it is not supported (the appworld ) but i had it from a site (don't remember which from) since 03/2009 and worked just fine! oh ! nd with the paid apps(using paypal)...
    11-25-09 07:24 AM
    Is this still an issue? If so, try it it over wifi...
    11-25-09 07:26 AM
    Is this still an issue? If so, try it it over wifi...
    unfortunately it didn't work for me with the wi-fi thing!
    11-25-09 07:42 AM
    i'm having the same problem in regards to app world disappearing. i download it and approx 12hrs later, it's gone. WTF! i know I'm not crazy and i'm not imagining it being there. i need a remedy for this.
    11-25-09 07:56 AM
    unfortunately it didn't work for me with the wi-fi thing!
    Try this if you're in a country where App World isn't supported... App World In Any Country
    11-25-09 07:59 AM
    i'm having the same problem in regards to app world disappearing. i download it and approx 12hrs later, it's gone. WTF! i know I'm not crazy and i'm not imagining it being there. i need a remedy for this.
    I don't know if this is of any help, but...

I read that if you delete an app that you downloaded via App World from the Applications list, then you could suffer App World disappearing on you

What you should do is delete these apps directly from My World, within App World.

Another handy tip - To delete your App World cache, go to My World and press Alt R S T (keeping your finger on Alt). This will close App World, delete the cache, and update the installed app list status
    11-25-09 08:22 AM
    Brilliant tip! Thanks for sharing...

I read that if you delete an app that you downloaded via App World from the Applications list, then you could suffer App World disappearing on you

What you should do is delete these apps directly from My World, within App World.

Another handy tip - To delete your App World cache, go to My World and press Alt R S T (keeping your finger on Alt). This will close App World, delete the cache, and update the installed app list status
    11-25-09 08:53 AM

Thank you very much, this helped a lot.
    11-25-09 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD