Hi,

Still new to the whole ecosystem (just "inherited" a 9360 with os 7.1).

I installed Opera mini 8.0, and every time I open it, I get (after "installing" for a few seconds) "Unable to connect to the internet. Please check your settings."

I did some searching, and even found a similarly titled thread, but it wasn't helpful.

The native browser works fine. Other apps that use the internet (Bloomberg) work fine. I can't get anything out of Opera, though (tried both the mobile network and wi-fi with the same result).

The firewall is not on, and I don't see any permissions that could be blocking a connection.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you in advance.
    05-11-14 03:38 AM
    Have you tried rebooting your device? Also try an HRT reset, go to the Settings (wrench), then device, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the BB button (menu) and select Register Now.
    05-11-14 10:47 PM
    I had rebooted a number of times, and that didn't change anything.

The second suggestion, however did work - at least for the mobile network (very helpful, thank you).

I still cant connect on wi-fi, though, and I would like to. Again, the default browser and other apps work fine with wi-fi, and I assume that opera should work with wi-fi, as well. Do you have any idea why it won't?

Thank you again.
    05-12-14 04:53 AM
    Some sort of firewall issue or security issue with your internet provider would be my guess. Have you tried different wifi network not just your home wifi?

Also did you get the BB from a corporation does it have an IT policy on it maybe? That could be the culprit.
    05-12-14 03:56 PM