So if Mobihand is knocking of death's door (seems so with developers like Bellshare exiting stage left), the question is, what can us consumers do to save our purchases? Maybe some developers can help us out with any suggestions ...

Maybe we can register somewhere using out PIN and current registration code or something like that. Just an idea, trying to get this ball rolling before some of us are out some serious cash.
    11-12-11 05:24 PM
    Ive been trying to think of how to deal with this as well as a developer. My apps are no longer for sale on Mobihand (existing customers can still redownload and their apps will work). But going forward I'm not sure how to deal with it (ie updates etc), since AppWorld doesn't allow free coupons I'll have to come up with something else.
    11-12-11 05:53 PM
    Ive been trying to think of how to deal with this as well as a developer. My apps are no longer for sale on Mobihand (existing customers can still redownload and their apps will work). But going forward I'm not sure how to deal with ie (ie updates etc), since AppWorld doesn't allow free coupons I'll have to come up with something else.
    I'm subscribing to this thread, since I have several of your apps, all purchased from Mobihand.
    11-12-11 05:58 PM
    Subscribing also. It will be interesting to see how this plays out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 06:36 PM
    Ive been trying to think of how to deal with this as well as a developer. My apps are no longer for sale on Mobihand (existing customers can still redownload and their apps will work). But going forward I'm not sure how to deal with it (ie updates etc), since AppWorld doesn't allow free coupons I'll have to come up with something else.
    Subscribing...
    Shao, some of my BBM friends have already tried this by downloading your app (6Tools trial) from AppWorld and registering it using the current registration code that was associated with PIN within Mobihand. The apps register and continue to have full functionality, but still shows as trial versions within the AppWorld MyWorld list. I guess that doesn't really matter if the apps are fully functional though. Thoughts?

I do know that other apps (like FileScout), Mathias has already started making the same type of switch where the app is recommended to be downloaded from AppWorld (trial) and when the activation code is inputted within the app on the device, it works as well. I also get new update notifications from AppWorld for this and the same for SmrtGuard. Actually Mathias told me that he would be moving away from Mobihand to AppWorld totally, when AppWorld is available in more countries. And, This was long before this news.

I wonder how this will play out...
    11-12-11 09:26 PM
    So if Mobihand is knocking of death's door (seems so with developers like Bellshare exiting stage left), the question is, what can us consumers do to save our purchases? Maybe some developers can help us out with any suggestions ...

Maybe we can register somewhere using out PIN and current registration code or something like that. Just an idea, trying to get this ball rolling before some of us are out some serious cash.
    Pardon me for butting in, but I am comming in on the tail end of this issue. I would like to find out more information concerning this as well. I do not visit a lot of areas here on this great web site but can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    11-13-11 12:16 AM
    I'm sure Kevin can get a direct answer.
    11-13-11 12:19 AM
    Pardon me for butting in, but I am comming in on the tail end of this issue. I would like to find out more information concerning this as well. I do not visit a lot of areas here on this great web site but can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    UPDATE AGAIN: Mobihand Possibly Nearing Bankruptcy: Doesn

MobiHand Evaluating Strategic Alternatives | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog
    11-13-11 12:21 AM
    I already do that for some apps @Brad. FileScout for example.
    Maybe Devs will be able to keep some sort of massive pin/serial database.
    Or even better, maybe RIM will institute some sort of coupon. Currently the only way to get someone an app free is to register them as a tester via App World login email, which allows them to download any app you have in AW for free, and would take devs like Shao literally months to enter even if it wasn't impractical for the last reason.

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-13-11 12:23 AM
    It's sad, but a recent release was revealing -- sold hundreds of copies in 1st few days at App World, and only 2 at MobiHand. That is a flatline on my scope.
    11-13-11 06:31 AM
    Customers who have purchased bellshare apps at Mobihand/Crackberry can download directly from Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps and use their license key to unlock the full version.

We maintain a database of all PIN/license keys, so recovering/transferring license keys can be done through our website. (Bellshare - Activation Code Support)
    11-13-11 07:20 AM
    Yah you can if you can get Bellshare to answer your posts. Their support is non-existent!
    11-13-11 08:09 AM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question...but, is the crackberry app software store a 'mobihand' store-would purchases made through their app store be affected by this? Thanks!
    11-13-11 11:26 AM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question...but, is the crackberry app software store a 'mobihand' store-would purchases made through their app store be affected by this? Thanks!
    Yes. 10 characters
    11-13-11 11:28 AM
    Yes. 10 characters
    Thanks, as my 5 year old nephew would say...Oh Mannnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-13-11 11:29 AM
    I hope everyone here realizes that unless Moses parts the Red Sea for MobiHand, they will never recover from this. Without a heavy cash influx, or a buy out, they are done. We all should prepare now. This is real "Doom & Gloom", not the wishful thinking some try to apply to RIM and their current situation. They have basically publicly admitted the fact.

The developers that have pulled their apps are power players in this game. This isn't just the BlackBerry Platform apps either. They run throughout all platforms. Without these big names with great apps, there is basically nothing for them to sell for even self-help.
    11-13-11 01:17 PM
    How can a person that has purchased many apps from MH protect ourselves? Backups only do so much!
    11-14-11 09:10 AM
    How can a person that has purchased many apps from MH protect ourselves? Backups only do so much!
    Start writing down your keycodes, as long as you have the same pin it will work with the same keycode

11-14-11 11:39 AM
    I brought up my account page and copied everything there. Now whether that will do anything to help ultimately will be seen. That's if it is even needed. Hopefully, all will work out for them. I would hate to see another company go under.
    11-14-11 01:28 PM
    Do you think developers will refund purchases so yo ucan get it on app world?
    11-14-11 01:50 PM
    Not sure what to make of this, especially when all the developers I have contact with say the opposite...
    From the MobiHand blog...

As the industry transitions from web stores accessed through browsers to more convenient stores offered by OS providers, device manufacturers and carriers, MobiHand has continued to constantly innovate.

For 7 years, MobiHand has paid many millions of dollars each year to software developers. With the goal of being the most service oriented, generous and ethical mobile app distributor (we are software developers too), MobiHand has until recent weeks paid every single developer on time (except extremely rare and promptly corrected errors).

In fact, right now around 98% of developer accounts are completely current and of the accounts that are not current only a small number are older than a few days.

MobiHand is committed to pay every single dollar owed to every single developer. Furthermore, MobiHand firmly believes that these payments will be completed and that MobiHand will become a more productive sales channel.

MobiHand management believes so strongly in the future that the team began months ago to invest their own salaries back into the business instead of raising outside financing for our new services. We are serious about this transition and many corporate partners also believe that significant sales growth is ahead. For example, there are new unannounced services currently in �beta� usage at Fortune 500 companies.

We ask developers to disregard sensational, derogatory, and destructive comments made by a few developers who are inventing or exaggerating information about our company. Without the developer community MobiHand could not exist. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve and we ask that you continue with us to provide great products and responsive customer service through the next few months and in the years ahead.

MobiHand Committed to Developer Success | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog
    11-14-11 07:03 PM
    We ask developers to disregard sensational, derogatory, and destructive comments made by a few developers who are inventing or exaggerating information about our company.
    Iventing? Exaggerating? Sensational?

They pay to 98% developers but do not pay to developers of very popular apps!

I would prefer not a blog post, but an answer and a payment
    Last edited by adeveloper; 12-08-11 at 05:56 AM.
    11-14-11 08:44 PM
    I've been emailing them for 45 days now, still no timeframe for payments, no payment schedule. Last weekend I had health problems because of all this.
    Unreal. You know they are taking your money to pay others, correct?
    Seems like a Ponzi scheme to me....

With those numbers, it's hard for me to even say this, but please don't let it affect your health. Money is good, and you deserve to get paid for your work, but it all is for nothing if you are not healthy enough to be creative in the future.

Here is the link for your numbers.
    http://mobile-stream.com/temp/mobiha...ingbalance.jpg
    11-14-11 09:29 PM
    I posted this in another thread in regards to mobihands latest blog post:

I guess that makes me part of the 2%, 14 days past due on my Sept payment, and no clear communication as to when the payment will be coming.

I do however find this part of their post a little disappointing
    We ask developers to disregard sensational, derogatory, and destructive comments made by a few developers who are inventing or exaggerating information about our company.
    I dont think anyone here has stated anything but the fact that they are waiting on payment. Nothing sensational about saying we haven't received money owed to us.
    11-14-11 10:22 PM
    As one of the consumers of the many apps and themes the developers have created, I am disturbed by these developments. Until this is satisfactorily resolved, I won't be using Mobihand's services. Having been involved in software development over the past 25 years, I sympathize with the unreimbursed developers and can only hope that a resolution is found.

11-15-11 07:00 AM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD