I have been trying to browse ebay on my bb. when accessing the ebay site it is very slow even with WIFI. Is anyone aware of or maybe have used an application for ebay on their BB. I have seen a few but unsure if it would be suitable for the UK market and ebay.co.uk

There must be a lot of info on the ebay site as my BB seems to struggle and say that I am out of memeory nd some java thing too.

Thanks, Matt
    03-07-09 09:15 AM
    Have you tried the mobile site eBay mobile ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:27 AM
    I have but there were no Blackberry anything to choose from, well not on the ebay.co.uk site anyway.

Regards, Matt
    03-09-09 07:36 AM
    I think itsamac is asking if you have accessed ebay using mobile.ebay.co.uk rather than eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (by this I mean the www. ebay. co. uk url)

mobile.ebay.co.uk is optimised for use on your mobile phone, making it quicker, easier to use and display bnetter on your small screened phone.

Edit.. ARGGGHHHH whats with this auto choosing what I want as the link display text??? Edited 3 times and keeps changing back to "eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace"
    Last edited by Danman1043; 03-09-09 at 11:42 AM.
    03-09-09 11:39 AM
    Point taken, thank you

I will give it a whirl

Regards, Matt
    03-10-09 04:14 AM
    Point taken, thank you

I will give it a whirl

Regards, Matt
    Let us know how you get on, I find it pretty swift to be fair.
    03-10-09 09:47 AM
    I browse eBay mobile and yes the pages load so much quicker although the content is somewhat stripped of features. For a handy eBay information it does the trick.

What I thought would be available would be an app such as facebook, so you receive notifications from activity from the my eBay account. The only alternative is to log onto the above address and set up text alerts (Chargeable in the UK) to supplement the reduced web pages.

Should anyone be aware of a UK Carrier (For me Vodafone) based eBay app for the BB or one in the pipeline. I would be greatful for any info.

Regards, Matt
    03-11-09 05:40 AM
    Just keep an eye on here:

eBay UK: Mobile - Downloads
    03-11-09 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD