So I downloaded the newest google sync to sync up my contacts with my BB. I get it set up and let it sync and then I check my contacts and none of them have numbers anymore. Most of my contacts between my BB and gmail are the same except the BB has the numbers and gmail has the emails (obviously) but instead of merging them or anything it just overwrote them all with the emails only.

This happen to anyone else or did I do something wrong?

I just backed up yesterday so I will do a restore so its not too big a deal just annoying.
    11-19-08 05:15 PM
    It sounds like you had the sync setting set for 1 way sync from Gmail to the BB. Luckily you had a recent back up. Try setting it for 2 way sync.
    11-19-08 05:20 PM
    Do you have the program on yours? I only see a check box for contacts sync. Nothing about 1 or 2 way syncing.
    11-19-08 05:22 PM
    I just upgraded and thankfully had no problems. Uploaded a bunch of phone numbers to my gmail contacts from my blackberry.

As far as I know, the option for 1 way or 2 way synching is available on your PC only. It does not show up as something configurable on the blackberry.
    11-19-08 05:34 PM
    Do you know exactly where that option is?
    11-19-08 05:37 PM
    Do you know exactly where that option is?
    Open Google Sync (right-click on the icon in the systray and select options). It's listed under Sync Options.
    11-19-08 05:43 PM
    I'm referring here to the PC based Google Sync that syncs between Gmail and Outlook calendars...not the Google Sync between Gmail and your BB.
    11-19-08 05:53 PM
    Ok, I don't have google sync on my computer, just the BB. I didn't know they were connected.
    11-19-08 05:55 PM
    Google is the new Microsoft. The bigger they get the worse they get. I use my Gmail less and less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD