UT has been around longer. Blaq is the newcomer. I must say I find SocialScope to be better than UT, I've recently tried Blaq and I must say IMHO, it's better than both UT & SS.

I'm liking the color scheme(theme), the quick tweet option is sweet, just the entire UI is top notch. There's as much functionality as in other clients, sometimes more. I love that I can set refresh rate for updates & mentions separately. Multiple account support, the Blaqout list is sweet. And the Blaq Ops function separates this client from all others.

What's your opinion? What's your favorite client. What makes one better than the other in your opinion?
    09-25-10 09:11 AM
    This is so close man. SocialScope is top notch, that's for sure. But honestly I use several at different times. UberTwitter, Blaq Vodafone Update and Tweetissimo. VU is the only one of those that have the FB integration, and that is a key feature. Tweetissimo is the only one that has push notifications, and that is a key feature. Blaq and Tweetissimo have the "quick tweet" option that makes it extremely easy to send a tweet from anywhere on my BB. And then UT is just feature loaded, has a great UI, and is fun to use. So, I'm not sure I can declare a winner. I definitely miss SocialScope on my 9650 with the OS6 leak, that's for sure.

But yes, Blaq is legit and here to play. Why can't one have of these apps have everything though? I seriously feel the need to keep 4 of 5 of these apps on my BB for different reasons.
    09-25-10 09:23 AM
    I'll always love SocialScope since it keeps my main 3 social networks in 1. Blaq I have not tried out, but the Blaq Ops function is pretty cool, not to mention the name made me laugh and would be enough to make me try it out.
    09-25-10 09:27 AM
    This is so close man. SocialScope is top notch, that's for sure. But honestly I use several at different times. UberTwitter, Blaq Vodafone Update and Tweetissimo. VU is the only one of those that have the FB integration, and that is a key feature. Tweetissimo is the only one that has push notifications, and that is a key feature. Blaq and Tweetissimo have the "quick tweet" option that makes it extremely easy to send a tweet from anywhere on my BB. And then UT is just feature loaded, has a great UI, and is fun to use. So, I'm not sure I can declare a winner. I definitely miss SocialScope on my 9650 with the OS6 leak, that's for sure.

But yes, Blaq is legit and here to play. Why can't one have of these apps have everything though? I seriously feel the need to keep 4 of 5 of these apps on my BB for different reasons.
    SocialScope has FaceBook integration. I don't use FB, so it's not an issue for me. I haven't used Tweetissimo, but push noti's doesn't intrigue me so much as I'm more interested in the UI & functionality. But I can't give an honest opinion on it as I haven't used it.

They're all good applications, all have their strong points, I just think Blaq has an awesome feature set which brings very good functionality to the table. I think it's going to emerge as the best client out there for BlackBerry. Thanks for the input. It's all about preference & opinion to hard to set in stone if one is better than the other. )
    09-25-10 09:32 AM
    I have them all UT, SS, and Blaq.

SS - In order to have both Twitter and FB in one app there are some limitations.

Blaq - I dunno, it's OK IMO but I guess I'm just more familiar with UT.

UT - It's pretty much got everything, and the support is superb. Of course I have to use the BB FB app, but it does what I need it to do.

It really all comes down to features, more or less.
    09-25-10 10:09 AM
    As a Torch user, I'm still waiting on Blaq to be released. From what I've seen, it looks awesome. On my device I have UT and the TT4B client. I hardly use UT, push notication is a big thing for me. But I do like how UT added a "Midnight" theme, looks cool. Reminds of "Blaq".

My other gripes with UT is that the menu list is waaay too long. And also on my Torch, it doesn't have smooth scrolling when moving through tweets. I remember it have a nice smooth animation when I had it on my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 10:34 AM
    As a Torch user, I'm still waiting on Blaq to be released. From what I've seen, it looks awesome. On my device I have UT and the TT4B client. I hardly use UT, push notication is a big thing for me. But I do like how UT added a "Midnight" theme, looks cool. Reminds of "Blaq".

My other gripes with UT is that the menu list is waaay too long. And also on my Torch, it doesn't have smooth scrolling when moving through tweets. I remember it have a nice smooth animation when I had it on my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, UberTwitter scrolling on the 9800 is garbage! One of the main reasons I don't like it. It ruins the entire experience/application.
    09-25-10 11:26 AM
    Good thread CX. I guess I'll have to DL Blaq and try it out. UT has satisfied my needs for social media. I dont use FB either, so SS is pretty much pointless. I maintain both personal and business Twitter, so BB for twitter isnt much help. I dunno if multiple account support has been added in one of the updates. How does blaq perform with things such as posting pictures to twitter? UT makes it absurdly easy, and thats a function I use so much it's pretty much a deal breaker.
    09-25-10 12:34 PM
    Good thread CX. I guess I'll have to DL Blaq and try it out. UT has satisfied my needs for social media. I dont use FB either, so SS is pretty much pointless. I maintain both personal and business Twitter, so BB for twitter isnt much help. I dunno if multiple account support has been added in one of the updates. How does blaq perform with things such as posting pictures to twitter? UT makes it absurdly easy, and thats a function I use so much it's pretty much a deal breaker.
    Blaq supports multiple accounts and attaching a picture is easy as well. Check it out and see what you think.
    09-25-10 01:31 PM
    i have been using tweetissmo on both my S2 and my Incredible for over a year now and have to say the project has come along way. Its the only tweet app I have installed on my Storm and it is amazing. the push mentions/dms are great.

the android version is catching up quickly and has some nice features on it too.

Still have yet to try Blaq but it does look nice and has some great features over UT and SS i think.
    09-25-10 01:38 PM
    UT gave me some bad battery drain. I'm trying Blaq to see how it does on my 9700. Anyone using Blaq have bad battery drain?
    09-29-10 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD