I have been using UberTwitter for the past couple of months, and have been very happy with it. Today, I downloaded the new update, and while I am not happy with the ad at the top, I understand why the developer did that. As long as the ad is only at the top, it is not a big deal to me, especially for a free app.

When I upgraded, though, and got notification of new tweets, UberTwitter would take me to the top of my timeline, not to the last message I read. That is awful, and makes me not want to use the app. It is that big of a turn off.

TwitterBerry seems to be another popular Twitter app, so I downloaded it and have been using it this afternoon. My experience is limited, but to me UberTwitter is WAY better. As far as I can tell, the TwitterBerry icon does not change if you have new Tweets (the UberTwitter one does). It also seems way less user friendly, and the options for how often to check for new tweets are way more limited than UberTwitter.

And now when I have gone back into UberTwitter, it sometimes takes me to the last message I read, sometimes takes me to the top of my timeline. If I can get it worked out how to get it to always take me to the last message read, TwitterBerry will be gone from my BB and I will go back to happily using UberTwitter, even with the ads.
    08-12-09 05:14 PM
    On Ubertwitter, I haven't had any problems with it remembering where I left off. When I'm done reading through the timeline, I just make sure to leave the cursor at the first tweet on there and not the ad. If its left on the ad, it'll take you straight to the top but if you leave it on the first tweet of the timeline, when you receive new ones it'll remember your place.

I prefer UT over TB by far. UT is hands down the best BB twitter app IMO. SS is probably second, but I don't like tabs and the timeline is too short for me.

Hope that made sense and hope it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 06:59 PM
    TwitterBerry was so awful that I removed it from my Curve last night. I have been spoiled by UberTwitter, and am using that app again. So much better.

And doctorlove is right, if you leave UT and leave the cursor on the last tweet, when you re-open UT it will take you back to that spot in the timeline.

Having to put up with one measly ad at the top is not a big deal at all. UberTwitter is awesome.
    08-13-09 09:51 AM
    Just as doctorlove stated, if you leave the cursor on the last tweet it will open up where you left off.. I was hating that also.

BTW, as of today, the ads are gone, on a temporary basis. Open UB, hit exit, open up again, they should be gone. I had to do this twice but there gone!!!
    08-13-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD