I just installed Ubertwitter and I'm amazed with this app. I am new to the BB and fairly new to Twitter also but I have a few questions.

Before or just after download completion, a screen came up for setting the allowances, I wasn't sure what to allow or deny so I allowed everything, now I'm worried that I've left my account or BB more open to hackers. My questions:

Are my "allow" settings safe?
    If I need to change any settings, which ones?
    How do I change them if I need to?

Thanks!
    07-20-09 01:42 PM
    Options / Advanced Options / Applications / Ubertwitter / Menu / Edit permissions is where you change the settings manually. Mine are
    "Allow" for Connections
    "Custom" for Interactions
    "Allow" for User Data
    For Interactions, everything is Allowed except for Screen Capturing, which is set to Deny.
    I'm sure I did not manually change any permissions, so what I'm showing are Ubertwitter's defaults.

As for whether they are "safe," I can't say. You can try adjusting them and see if Ubertwitter loses functionality. I don't have any sense of how safe twitter apps are generally.
    07-20-09 03:20 PM
    Thanks! I now can breathe a sigh of relief. Your instructions were clear and simple, I really appreciate it.
    07-20-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD