Hi guys,

I have ubertwitter on the bold and was wondering how to turn off the information regards your location.In the options menu i have unchecked all the options for location so as not to show,and have also turned off the GPS and the location aid to but it still shows my address and location on a map under the tweets.It is possible to not show your position as celebrities do not show it for obvious reasons,unless they are getting special conditions set on their accounts.

Any ideas

Highlander
    06-28-09 09:55 AM
    That should be enough I think, but you may have to logon on to the twitter website and change or delete the location that UT will probably have updated.
    06-28-09 03:53 PM
    When you post a tweet there's a check box at the bottom that allows you to either add or not add your location to the tweet. If that box isn't ticked then no location is added.

Make sure you check all the options, there is an option to add location to tweets and a separate option to update your profile location from your latest tweet position. Make sure both of those are unchecked.
    06-28-09 04:35 PM
    That should be enough I think, but you may have to logon on to the twitter website and change or delete the location that UT will probably have updated.
    BINGO, Had to go into Twitter and delete the location on the settings on my account and then saved.Signed out posted again on uber and checked,location now gone under my updates.I then came out of uber and deleted twitter,no room for double apps on my baby.

Cheers again
    06-29-09 02:37 PM
    I'm new to twitter and using ubertwitter as i have a blackberry. but i can't turn off my location. i left unchecked the location box, which is located on the page where you send a message/tweet, and i went in options and unchecked all of the boxes that indicate to automatically include location. i sent a test but it still includes my location! this is really unsettling, can anyone turn this off? and how can one trust that the location is really off? txx!
    Last edited by blackberry222; 08-01-09 at 08:33 PM. Reason: forgot to include using ubertwitter
    08-01-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD