Every time I restart my phone I have to go back into my sound profiles and change the ubertwitter notification so that it does not vibrate and set the LED to no blink. Anyone else having this issue? I just want it so that I can see the icon if theres an update but no flashing led or anything like that. changing every time I restart my phone is kinda annoying.
    11-27-09 10:41 PM
    Yes I am experiencing the same issue. I have only noticed on restarts that require ALT - Shift - DEL, but yes it is extremely annoying and I am not going to waste time changing again. Hopefully it is resolved in a newer version.

Anyone else?
    12-03-09 02:36 PM
    I figured out the root cause of this. In the ubertwitter options it is set to enable notifications for new tweets. I then go in to modify the notifications so my liking i.e. turn off LED and vibrate so I just see the notification icon.

What's happening is that when you restart the application after a reboot it refreshes this notification settings going back to the default settings. I've contacted ubertwitter and they have said that it may be due to 5.0 but didn't have any other information other then acknowledging that it is in fact happening.

Seems to me like its working as intended even though it's not wanted.
    12-03-09 02:39 PM
    I figured out the root cause of this. In the ubertwitter options it is set to enable notifications for new tweets. I then go in to modify the notifications so my liking i.e. turn off LED and vibrate so I just see the notification icon.

What's happening is that when you restart the application after a reboot it refreshes this notification settings going back to the default settings. I've contacted ubertwitter and they have said that it may be due to 5.0 but didn't have any other information other then acknowledging that it is in fact happening.

Thanks for the explaination, which although annoying makes sense. I will notify them as well. Hope the next rev has this fixed.
    12-03-09 03:01 PM
    Beejive does this for me too. I feel your pain. It is SO annoying having to go back in and change my profiles around all over again every time I require a reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:08 PM
    I don't even have an option for alerts in profiles with the new ubertwitter beta. It also happens with beejive guess that's why their still in beta.

12-03-09 03:25 PM
    I don't even have an option for alerts in profiles with the new ubertwitter beta. It also happens with beejive guess that's why their still in beta.

Make sure you have the options checked for on in ubertwitter. If the options in ubertwitter are off you wont see them. This is what clued me into why this is happening in the first place
    12-03-09 03:29 PM
    It's not just a UberTwitter issue.

I have this issue for UberTwitter, SocialScope and TweetGenius. Anytime I reset the device my sound profiles for these apps get set back to the default sound and a volume of Silent....so frustrating.
    12-03-09 09:04 PM

this isnt true because it happens with other applications as well including smart alerts and beejive its to do with 5.0
    12-03-09 09:09 PM
    this isnt true because it happens with other applications as well including smart alerts and beejive its to do with 5.0
    When I turned an option for notifications in ubertwitter OFF the device did NOT change the sound profile options. It was only when it was set to enable notifications for tweets that it started resetting these notifications. Ubertwitter said that it was related to 5.0 which I mentioned. What i'm thinking the reason is for that is when the application is run after a reboot, the notification settings are reset to what the application options are set to.

To me, this explains why the sound profile is changed only on a reboot. When the application loads the settings for that application are also loaded. If the settings are set to notify via some type of profile noise or blink or whatever, those options are overwriting the changes made since the user changed them. It only overwrites the change when it is loaded for the first time after reboot.
    12-03-09 10:43 PM
    I'm having the same issue with socialscope. I've also noticed it with bbm and sms. Finally got the bbm and sms settings to stick, now it is just socialscope.

I'm thinking I may get my profiles how I want them, then doing a backup on DM, this way after a reboot, I can just restore the profiles from that backup.
    12-07-09 12:58 AM
    I too have this issue on my Bold 9700 -- I think several third-party apps trigger this annoyance. Gmail app, for one, which appears to NOT autostart after a reboot and therefore isn't visible to the sound profile engine.

So it is nice to know others share my misery of having to fix my sound profiles several times a day (I try out lots of software). But a fix would be even nicer. Is it OS or app issue? Pretty hard to tell.
    01-11-10 06:02 AM
    i had exactly the same issues and now everythin works perfectly alrite once i upgraded to .423 OS .i had the profile issueswith the following apps bugme , berrybuzz,im+ messenger, uber , and now everythings works fine.
    01-11-10 06:30 AM
    Ya I haven't had an issue for a few updates now.
    01-11-10 08:34 AM
    I found if I use the medium profile or create a custom sound profile my ubertwitter notify settings are saved ( along with a few other apps). If I use the other built in profiles (normal, loud etc). I loose my settings on reboot.

01-12-10 05:13 AM
    I used to have this prob with Gmail, Uber and BeeJive. I made a custom profile and since then everytime I restart the device I never have to redo my sound profiles and it is always there. Such a pleasure not having to do it so often.
    03-15-10 11:55 PM
    Any fix for this issue yet? I'm having the same problems and it's getting quite annoying.
    04-29-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD