Ok I got the newest version of Ubertwitter for my BB curve.

I set up under the ubertwitter options to enable notifications of new tweets and merge @replies into timeline.

I then went into the profile setting and setup a ringtone for @replies.

I did this and I still dont get a notification on my phone of @replies.

any help???
    06-30-09 01:39 PM
    Hi,

The last screen in the options set up says that to enable notifications of replies and diect messages you have to place a tick in the box to enable the application to run in the background.This is the only way of getting any notifications,it is also the main way to usually run your batter life down much faster unless they have fixed this,you would have to try it for a dat or two to see.

Cheers Highlander
    06-30-09 02:25 PM
    I'm having the same issue for both @replies and DM's. New tweet notifications work just fine. I contacted Ubertwitter and they said there is a fix in the works for those of us having that issue. So hang in there and hopefully we will get some relief soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 06:09 PM
    Apparently Ubertwitter considers @replies and DM as new tweets too so I get the alert for all of them even if I don't open the DM and the @replies....

By the way, what exactly are @replies? Replies to my Tweet? How do ppl do that? I think i use to be able to click on the word "reply" on Twitter (in the web) and reply to a tweet but since I don't see an option now I'm not so sure what it is exactly...and what about "mentions"...is it the one with @myname on it? What does that do aside from me knowing that it was a tweeter meant for me?
    07-08-09 05:31 AM
    UT freezes my phone every time I open it or try to re-download it. I give up. Twitterberry it is.
    07-08-09 05:32 AM
    i am facing the same problem
    07-08-09 05:34 AM
    Only thing i've found is to go into profiles and turn vibrate/sound and led on for replies and dm's. Then turn off for new tweets. MAKE SURE YOU TURN OF THE LED FOR NEW TWEETS. This way you can tell there are replies/dm's by the led flashing. This is assuming it isn't flashing for emails or something else. In theory I guess you can use one of those apps that u can change the color of the led for different alerts. It still sucks b/c there's no Uber icon pop-up, but its better than nothing.
    08-11-09 10:28 AM
    im having the SAME proble this website UberTwitter updates to Beta 3 with incredible changes | PocketBerry[/url] says that in order to receive the notifications u have to go to your ubertwiter options and click merge @replies and DMs in your timeline... so i just tried it hope it works....
    08-17-09 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD