Ok, hope this isn't something lame. I"m kinda new to twitter and just installed ubertwitter the other day.

The question I have and cannot seem to find the answer too anywhere is this...

When you click to follow someone, there are three options.. Yes, With Device Updates, and Cancel. What is the difference between just Yes and With Device Updates?

I had thought that maybe the With Device Updates would send me alerts or something but, this doesn't seem to be so.

Anyway, I'm sure this is an obvious question but, at least you can laugh at my lack of knowledge if you answer, lol. Thanks

Version 0.971
    03-26-10 06:43 PM
    I believe what they mean by device updates is sending you a text when the person you followed sends out a tweet. When I follow someone I just click yes.
    03-26-10 08:53 PM
    I usually click just yes unless its like family or freinds. Of course i get device noticies from crackberry.
    03-26-10 10:17 PM
    Fat's got it right, device updates are SMS updates - don't do it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 10:39 PM
    def dont do it. if u follow a lot of people your sms inbox will explode.
    03-26-10 10:57 PM
    Something must not be right then cause I clicked every person I follow as With Device Updates and I've never gotten a single SMS.

Maybe something with my settings. Anyway, thanks for the tips.
    03-26-10 11:57 PM
    Since that's resolved...........I'll ask another question.

BB9700 + AT&T .405 + UT .971

I typically don't leave UT on........I simply turn UT on a 2-3 times a day just to check the few items I track.

Everytime I open UT to check tweets.........my led flashes at about a 1-2sec pace the whole time I have it open. I've looked over my profile settings, berry buzz settings, UT settings and so far I haven't found any control for this. Unless I don't know what I'm looking for

Anyway........... I want to turn the led off. I simply don't need the led flashing at me while I'm reading over the tweets.

Thanks for any info!!
    03-27-10 08:41 AM
    If it were to be an UberTwitter setting, check that "Enable Blackberry notifications" is not turned on. That's the only place I can think of that should make UT use the LED.
    03-27-10 09:00 AM
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but its also an ubertwitter question. IS there still a free basic and premium paid version to this app? Is the basic free version full of ads? That is what is holding me back from using ubertwitter.
    03-27-10 09:09 AM
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but its also an ubertwitter question. IS there still a free basic and premium paid version to this app? Is the basic free version full of ads? That is what is holding me back from using ubertwitter.
    Basic version has ads placed here and there through the timeline, banner ads. Recent versions also have ads that are inline with the tweets, and look like tweets themselves. But I believe in recent releases, these tweet ads can be disabled. I have been a paid user for months so I am not sure how this has changed, but I don't remember the ads being much of a bother anyway, they are not intrusive.

Paid version has no ads anywhere...
    03-27-10 12:26 PM
    Something must not be right then cause I clicked every person I follow as With Device Updates and I've never gotten a single SMS.

Maybe something with my settings. Anyway, thanks for the tips.
    you have to have gone to the Web version of Twitter, into settings, and registered your cell with Mobile Updates before this will work.
    03-27-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD