Twitter is not down. Ubertwitter is.

There is this thing called a computer and you can log in and check Twitter there too.
    08-07-09 10:29 AM

There is this thing called a computer and you can log in and check Twitter there too.
    I actually can't access twitter from the browser either .... and can't try on my office computer b/c the site is blocked
    08-07-09 10:36 AM

To be more precise, the Twitter API is still having trouble. The API is what UT, SS, TB, and many of the other phone apps use to communicate with Twitter servers. None of the phone apps are down per se. The API that allows them to communicate with Twitter is still up and down.

I would assume that this is because Twitter is throttling the API to limit the connections. Yesterday's outage was due to a DOS atttack, which is the result of a flood of simultaneous request to the server from outside. By throttling the API, Twitter can be sure that they won't get hit again...at least via the API. They are probably just making sure that all is well before they open the pipes again.

They will do so in time. Until then, access to Twitter via third party apps will likely be sporadic.
    08-07-09 10:48 AM
    Yeah I can't access via my bb browser nor can I access via ut. My iphone wielding friend has no problem accessing! Oh well, I will try again tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 11:54 AM
    To be more precise, the Twitter API is still having trouble. The API is what UT, SS, TB, and many of the other phone apps use to communicate with Twitter servers. None of the phone apps are down per se. The API that allows them to communicate with Twitter is still up and down.

I would assume that this is because Twitter is throttling the API to limit the connections. Yesterday's outage was due to a DOS atttack, which is the result of a flood of simultaneous request to the server from outside. By throttling the API, Twitter can be sure that they won't get hit again...at least via the API. They are probably just making sure that all is well before they open the pipes again.

They will do so in time. Until then, access to Twitter via third party apps will likely be sporadic.
    You're right. Twitter is currently blocking all requests from the blackberry internet infrastructure. They'll be back soon.
    08-07-09 11:58 AM
    You're right. Twitter is currently blocking all requests from the blackberry internet infrastructure. They'll be back soon.
    It was back for me yesterday evening for about 10 minutes then poof gone again. I had switched to Direct TCP in order for it to work. Now all I get is errors. I wish they would hurry up and open up for the blackberry community.
    08-07-09 12:32 PM
    Mine populated the timeline for the first time just a bit ago. We may be back???
    08-07-09 01:23 PM
    Mine still isn't up. I got it to update twice earlier today, but not for long. Looks like may be tomorrow before we have reliable service again.

08-07-09 01:48 PM
    Mine populated the timeline for the first time just a bit ago. We may be back???
    Not yet. Mine's refreshed all of 2 times today. The second time I went to post, it froze up, and has never reconnected since (that was about 11:30am). Not out of the woods yet.....
    08-07-09 02:10 PM
    Yep... that was short lived.
    08-07-09 02:51 PM
    Mine has been populating fine all day. It hangs every time I try to send a tweet, but the odd thing is the tweet actually goes through. Ubertwitter acts as if it's frozen and died, but it's actually successful. I just have no indication it was until I check the timeline again. But maybe we're on the road back to success?
    08-07-09 03:01 PM
    I have not been able to access all day, whether through twitterberry, UT or tinytwitter. BB browser won't connect either.

A shame, because I use my twitter to keep up with news and such.

08-07-09 03:38 PM
    Hasn't been working for me either. I uninstalled and re-installed and I refreshed once, now it wont do anything.
    08-07-09 03:53 PM
    Uber works if have BES set the settings to mds. Bis users are temporary scre wed it has to do with twitters new security measures. SS works web twitter

08-07-09 04:33 PM
    Here's a piece of news billy mays had cocaine in his system when he died
    I have not been able to access all day, whether through twitterberry, UT or tinytwitter. BB browser won't connect either.

08-07-09 04:37 PM

I managed to get one tweet off all day and had the timeline update intermittently in UT. Trying to connect via the BB browser just times out.
    08-07-09 05:21 PM
    Billy Mays. No wonder why dude was so hyper when he was on the commercials.
    08-07-09 05:39 PM
    UT seems to be working for me pretty well now.

08-07-09 10:24 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD