I upgraded to the latest version of ubertwitter and now I get the error message saying unknown error response from twitter, likely they are over capacity or the service is experiencing difficulty.
    Before I upgraded ubertwitter was working fine. I tried deleting it and reinstalling it I use wi-fi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:18 AM
    I rec'd teh same error when verifying my acct. I just hit "verify" again and it was a success. I think the site was just overloaded.

Does anyone have the link to the previous version of UberTwitter? I think its 0.84? I'm having problems w/saving my prefs upon exiting the App. Everytime I launch the App, I have to key in my sign-in info and set up my prefs.
    08-17-09 09:15 AM
    my ubertwitter hasnt worked the whole day either i've tried hitting verify acct many times, batt pull, setting my options over and over again, uninstalling but nothing works! yet all my friends are able to use theirs O_o
    08-17-09 10:17 AM
    I have resorted to checking the box that states "move to background on exit." Although it is constantly in the background, it hasn't slowed down my BB, but I'm still concerned about this issue. I hear that there will b an update in about 2 weeks. I may just wait it out b/c I can't deal w/the other Twitter Apps.
    08-17-09 10:20 AM
    Just checked, my UberTwitter Beta 4 version .909 is running okay today.... so far!
    08-17-09 10:21 AM
    just took a chance; unchecked "Move to bkgrnd on close" and options>close. Relaunched---------had to input my settings in all over.

I'm just gonna leave it in the bkgrnd. It's not taking up much space or slowing down my BB.
    08-17-09 10:27 AM
    ... I hear that there will b an update in about 2 weeks. I may just wait it out b/c I can't deal w/the other Twitter Apps.
    I wonder if one would have to pay for the upgrade!
    08-17-09 10:37 AM
    i don't think there will be a fee for Twitter - as per other posts on this site. The big isued has been the advertisements on UT 4.0. I think you will have the option to pay for the advertisement-free site. The free version will include advertisements. That is IF there is a Fee-Twitter App available at all.
    08-17-09 10:50 AM
    I am using it over wifi.
    I had to check in "Direct TCP" in advanced network options together with "Use wifi if available" before it started working again after update.
    08-24-09 10:20 PM
    I am using it over wifi.
    I had to check in "Direct TCP" in advanced network options together with "Use wifi if available" before it started working again after update.
    I went to the ubertwitter web site and found this out a few days ago.
    Thanks for the help though.
    08-25-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD