My ubertwitter isn't updating, is this due to a Twitter issue? Has anyone else seen this today?
    08-06-09 12:07 PM
    twitter has been down for at least two hours
    08-06-09 12:08 PM
    Yep, just saw on the news that twitter was hacked...
    08-06-09 12:21 PM
    I was just about to post something. I hate when twitter is down. Stupid hackers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:31 PM
    I tought it's just mine. My TweetGenius hasn't been updating since 2 hours ago..

08-06-09 01:22 PM
    Twitter was hacked. Doesn't anyone listen to the news? It was all over CNN this morning.

08-06-09 01:30 PM
    I heard that if you have ubertwitter & wi-fi it works for you.

08-06-09 01:40 PM
    No! I rely on twitter for my news! I have been having issues recently with ubertwitter freezing up on my phone, but glad to know it wasn't the app this time. Hopw they get back up & running soon! Otherwise I may have to do some actual work today!LOL!

08-06-09 01:41 PM
    I have somehow become addicted to twitter so this sucks.

08-06-09 04:31 PM
    Ohh that explains it. Sheesh I've been reinstalling the app over and over trying to get it to work! Lol Figures.
    08-06-09 04:40 PM
    nah ubertwitter is down.. its friggen trending topic on twitter right now..maybe still messed up from earlier..
    08-06-09 04:50 PM
    Twitter was not hacked. They were under a DoS attack. It takes no skill to do that, all you need is a bunch of computers (or a few decent ones with a LOT of bandwidth). In fact, there are services that will sell you a DoS attack on a site.
    08-06-09 05:02 PM
    nah ubertwitter is down.. its friggen trending topic on twitter right now..maybe still messed up from earlier..
    This deffinatly makes the most sense. Do you have anymore info on it?
    08-06-09 05:30 PM
    Then y is ubertwitter not working? They were blaming it on Twitter earlier, but if the site is back up, ubertwitter still isn't working.

08-06-09 05:31 PM
    If you go to the Twitter status blog it says that API apps will time out, and people using the site itself will experience slow response times.

08-06-09 05:43 PM
    Then y is ubertwitter not working? They were blaming it on Twitter earlier, but if the site is back up, ubertwitter still isn't working.

the site isnt 100 percent functional yet and its runnin very slow... so it could be the cause of it
    08-06-09 06:05 PM
    I learned of this earlier when SocialScope said something about it instead of updating. Shows how much we spend on our berries!

doodlebird... nice shades!
    08-06-09 06:24 PM
    Anyone know when Unretwitter will be functioning properly again?

08-06-09 08:08 PM
    Anyone know when Unretwitter will be functioning properly again?

Nothing official's been posted as yet on the Twitter status blog. Twitter Status
    "Ongoing denial-of-service attack 10 hours ago"

Just to recap, twitter wasn't "hacked" it's been subjected to the lamest type of exploit known to computer users. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) It exploits the very thing that makes the Internet possible, and most likely done by some MySpace tweener jackalope in his mama's basement.

Anyone can do it. :P

Anyway no client will be reliable at this juncture because the API that UberTwitter, SocialScope(my fave)and others use is also subject to the increased server load caused by the *****(s) responsible.

They'll get it narrowed down to where the attack is coming from and we can all go back to staring at our Berry's, er I mean "work." Yeah, that's the ticket.
    08-06-09 09:31 PM
    My ubertwitter was back working about an hour ago, but not now. Guess it will take a while for them to get it all straight- hopefully by morning!

08-06-09 09:51 PM
    Nothing official's been posted as yet on the Twitter status blog. Twitter Status
    "Ongoing denial-of-service attack 10 hours ago"

Just to recap, twitter wasn't "hacked" it's been subjected to the lamest type of exploit known to computer users. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) It exploits the very thing that makes the Internet possible, and most likely done by some MySpace tweener jackalope in his mama's basement.

Anyone can do it. :P

Anyway no client will be reliable at this juncture because the API that UberTwitter, SocialScope(my fave)and others use is also subject to the increased server load caused by the *****(s) responsible.

They'll get it narrowed down to where the attack is coming from and we can all go back to staring at our Berry's, er I mean "work." Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Thanks for the update and the extra info. Hopefully all will be back to normal by morning, otherwise I might have to do some actual work tomorrow

08-06-09 10:14 PM
    UberTwitter is still acting up on my bberry

08-06-09 11:08 PM
    NYT: Twitter Restores Service After

Just found this in the nyt... my Ubertwitter been down all day...
    08-06-09 11:17 PM
    I am using Tweetcaster now and it is down also. I tried to log on via mobile browser and opera mini...no go. Tried to log in via PC...no go. I am hoping the outage will be resolved by tomorrow.
    08-06-09 11:31 PM
    Yea the twitter is down.. I hate this

08-07-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD