Hey guys has anyone noticed Ubertwitter draining their battery life? I've had pretty good life out of my battery until recently. The only thing I've loaded has been Ubertwitter. I don't see that you can tell it not to update automatically so I'm thinking that is what is causing the drain. It's almost bad enough that I'm going to have to take it off 'cause the battery isn't lasting all day now.

Anyone else having this issue?
    04-17-09 06:55 PM
    It's a known issue along with many more...
    04-17-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks! Guess it's goodbye for now. Can't have that sever of a battery drain.
    04-17-09 07:21 PM
    I noticed that as well. What remedied it, at least for now, was changing the update interval to at the minimum 20min. Its really the best client for me right now, outside of Social Scope and TweetGenius. So yeah, try increasing the update time and see what happens. It has helped me a bunch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 08:05 PM
    I have it set to 30 min, and the battery life is a lot better
    04-17-09 09:34 PM
    Instead of clicking close click exit instead. It wint update until you open it but this way its not running in the background. I haven't really had any batt issues doing it like that

04-17-09 09:40 PM
    Instead of clicking close click exit instead. It wint update until you open it but this way its not running in the background. I haven't really had any batt issues doing it like that

For some reason, when I do that, though, whenever I re-open it, the Storm pretty much freezes/locks up until its done doing its thing. I really enjoy the multi-use of the application, and hopefully the battery problem is remedied soon- just remember: it is in beta still!
    04-18-09 11:18 AM
    Yes if i keep it open in the background it drains a little faster but nothing major. I had it open all day yesterday and was at like 67% at the end of the day.

Close it, as stated above it wont update, but you'll save battery life.
    04-18-09 01:58 PM
    UberTwitter was killing my battery on my Bold with a 2 min auto update so I am sure it would do the same on the Storm. I would recommend changing update to 30 mins or get completely off this app for the moment. UberTwitter is aware of this is and I am sure they are looking for a fix on future releases.
    04-18-09 02:15 PM
    Hey guys has anyone noticed Ubertwitter draining their battery life? I've had pretty good life out of my battery until recently. The only thing I've loaded has been Ubertwitter. I don't see that you can tell it not to update automatically so I'm thinking that is what is causing the drain. It's almost bad enough that I'm going to have to take it off 'cause the battery isn't lasting all day now.

Anyone else having this issue?
    I make sure I do Menu-->EXIT so that it doesn't kill my battery.
    04-25-09 10:35 PM
    I love this program for its ability to have pic preview and ya mine is set at 30 mins too usually last about a day lol

07-19-09 10:04 AM
    Yeah its the best but it drain battery a lot. So i exit completely most of the time only when i feel twitting then i go on it so my battery if not affected by it lol
    07-19-09 12:38 PM
    How about four hours on the new Beta?
    08-29-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD