all morning when i try and launch the app.., i keep getting an error message stating "Network Error".??? anyone else?
    03-03-10 12:38 PM
    I've used UT a few times this morning and have not experienced any issues. Give it some time and see if others are...
    03-03-10 12:39 PM
    Fine all day for me.
    03-03-10 12:44 PM
    Working great here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 01:38 PM
    I have found that after using UT or other apps using BIS then Shazam won't access network anymore. I then have to reboot for Shazam to work properly. I've only just recently found this issue, so haven't narrowed it down to UT specifically. I suspect its an OS issue but haven't done more to troubleshoot the issue.

Try rebooting your device and see if that fixes the problem for you.
    03-03-10 02:58 PM
    Been working all day for me as well.
    03-03-10 03:01 PM
    I have found that after using UT or other apps using BIS then Shazam won't access network anymore. I then have to reboot for Shazam to work properly. I've only just recently found this issue, so haven't narrowed it down to UT specifically. I suspect its an OS issue but haven't done more to troubleshoot the issue.

Try rebooting your device and see if that fixes the problem for you.
    One thing about the BlackBerry is the order in which you have installed applications makes a difference. Like when BerryWeather 2.0 was in beta and MeterBerry users were reporting a huge memory leak. Come to find out if you deleted both applications, then reinstalled, as long as you reinstalled MeterBerry last, you had no leak...

BTW, Shazam was just updated to 2.5 in App World...
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 03-03-10 at 03:04 PM.
    03-03-10 03:02 PM
    If you have a spare five minutes could you please run Shazam > Settings > Network Status before and then after UT? Shazam network status may report an error for BIS which could narrow down the problem.
    03-04-10 04:35 AM
    No problems UT except yesterday when Verizon was having network issues nationwide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 10:22 AM
    If you have a spare five minutes could you please run Shazam > Settings > Network Status before and then after UT? Shazam network status may report an error for BIS which could narrow down the problem.
    It doesn't happen all the time, so I will keep an eye on it. When I attempt to duplicate the problem everything seems to work fine. However it will occur once or twice a week on average for me. The next time it happens I'll jot down exactly what the network status says. Before when I checked the network status via Shazam, it basically failed the BIS portion of the status check.

It doesn't seem specific to UT and Shazam per se (it's just that those are typically the two 3rd party apps I use the most). Sometimes Shazam will be working fine, but another app can't seem to access BIS. A reboot always fixes the problem. That's why I'm suspecting it's an OS issue.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-04-10 at 01:34 PM.
    03-04-10 01:29 PM
    It doesn't happen all the time, so I will keep an eye on it. ... That's why I'm suspecting it's an OS issue.
    Thanks for your reply. Network Status is there to help with connectivity issues and I am happy to respond to PMs or posts if you need assistance in future.

*addition: a small number of users have reported total loss of BIS connectivity in 2.5.0. We hope to have a new version out very shortly.
    Last edited by robinShazam; 03-05-10 at 09:57 AM. Reason: 2.5.1 very soon
    03-05-10 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD