Hi all,

I recently started using UberTwitter and I love it, but am having a couple of minor problems.

First, I went to Twitter.com and changed my profile picture the other day, and all of my tweets on the web reflected my new pic with no problem. However, in UT my old picture continues to show up next to all of my tweets. I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling UT, endless battery pulls, formatting my microSD card, etc. and can't seem to figure out what is causing this issue. What's odd is that when I choose "New Tweet" from the menu, my new picture shows up in the new tweet window just fine; but after I send it, my old picture shows up next to that new tweet in the timeline.

When I then check Twitter on my PC browser everything looks fine, so I am assuming that everyone sees my new pic except for me in UberTwitter. Obviously not a major issue, but a wierd one that has been bothering me.

The other issue is also minor, but just popped up yesterday and I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue. Up until yesterday I was able to select "Everyone Near You" from the UberTwitter menu and it worked as advertised, listing recent tweets posted near me. Now when I try it I get an error message saying "You must enter a query." I don't think I changed any settings or GPS options recently, so I'm curious if it's an issue with my BB or if this is widespread.

Thanks for reading everyone.
    Last edited by macks1974; 09-09-09 at 05:17 PM.
    09-09-09 05:07 PM
    Twitter sent out a tweet that "everyone near me" is temporarily down and is a twitter problem.
    09-09-09 05:13 PM
    Twitter sent out a tweet that "everyone near me" is temporarily down and is a twitter problem.
    Ah, good to know, thanks berrygirly.

Also, I just exited UT and reopened it and my profile pic issue is resolved now. Apparently after three days all I needed to do was ask about it on the CB forums. Very weird.
    09-09-09 05:16 PM
    Had you exited it before? That's what you needed to do... I assumed you'd done that.
    09-09-09 05:26 PM
    Had you exited it before? That's what you needed to do... I assumed you'd done that.
    Many, many times LOL. That's what's so odd.
    09-09-09 05:49 PM
    First, I went to Twitter.com and changed my profile picture the other day, and all of my tweets on the web reflected my new pic with no problem. However, in UT my old picture continues to show up next to all of my tweets. I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling UT, endless battery pulls, formatting my microSD card, etc. and can't seem to figure out what is causing this issue. What's odd is that when I choose "New Tweet" from the menu, my new picture shows up in the new tweet window just fine; but after I send it, my old picture shows up next to that new tweet in the timeline.

When I then check Twitter on my PC browser everything looks fine, so I am assuming that everyone sees my new pic except for me in UberTwitter. Obviously not a major issue, but a wierd one that has been bothering me.
    I know this problem eventually resolved itself for the OP, but having the same issue. Exited UT, battery pull, my old picture continues to show and so does one for somebody I'm following, but both the new images show on the Twitter site. When I first go into UT it pauses as if it's pulling all the pics but it still pulls the old ones. I assume they are cached somewhere, but how to I clear them? Running the latest version on 5.0. Any help would be appreciated!
    10-10-09 10:12 PM
    Did you try the option "clear cache"? I had this problem before also and I think that's what did it for me.
    10-10-09 10:14 PM
    Nope. Tried it, and I thought it was going to work... but once everything loaded again the same pics came up. I wonder if it's something cached on the Twitter side?
    10-10-09 10:25 PM
    Nope. Tried it, and I thought it was going to work... but once everything loaded again the same pics came up. I wonder if it's something cached on the Twitter side?
    As the OP I wish I could give you an answer, but profile pic issues in my copy of UT just seemed to start working on their own after a few days.

I kept clearing my cache and exiting the program completely and eventually it downloaded my new pic.

Sorry I can't help more.
    10-11-09 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I assume it will do the same for me in another day or so. I guess it's not a big deal, only affects me and not anyone following me.
    10-11-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD