Y'all are welcome. I love UberTwiter! I haven't had any problems and its only the beta!! Amd if u leave feedback on there website, they will try and accommodate what features u want to see on the next build

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Great app! Thanks deemoney23. I'm also waiting for SS. This is making the wait much better. lol
    04-20-09 09:44 PM
    Thanks to the OP, I'm impressed by how little app memory it uses. I'm surprised to see that the GPS works even with my Storm on 911 only. It didn't exactly nail my location but it got close.
    04-21-09 07:15 AM
    Thanks to the OP, I'm impressed by how little app memory it uses. I'm surprised to see that the GPS works even with my Storm on 911 only. It didn't exactly nail my location but it got close.
    It's using cell towers to get your approximate location, not the GPS
    04-21-09 07:30 AM
    It's using cell towers to get your approximate location, not the GPS
    Oh, that explains it. Still pretty smart. And now I know where my nearest cell tower is I guess.
    04-21-09 07:32 AM
    New to twitter but definitely loving ubertwitter!
    04-21-09 08:21 AM
    Can you search for and add friends on ubertwitter?

Edit - Nevermind, I see on UT's site that they are working on adding that feature....
    Last edited by uncleman; 04-21-09 at 09:40 AM.
    04-21-09 09:37 AM
    UberTwitter is definitely a great alternative for those who did not get into the SS Alpha. It seems to have a lot of great feature and from what I have seen it just works. The built in picture service is great, and the ability to update your location on your Twitter profile is awesome.

SS is still leaps and bounds beyond Uber, but some of the features in Uber are unique to it right now. I cannot wait to see what the future updates look like, and hope to see some additional features added here soon.
    04-21-09 11:36 AM
    Ok... So i guess i have to be the one to ask. I've never use twitter. Not exactly sure what it is and how it works. Can someone brake it down for me? Thx!! Please don't flame me i'm really not sure. I would google it but right now im at work.
    04-21-09 12:10 PM
    GREAT!! UberTwitter it is/1
    04-21-09 03:44 PM
    Did anyone have problems w. the install on Ubertwitter? Seems odd to me that I need to give the app access to my user data...is that a safe selection?
    04-22-09 04:56 PM
    I love it!
    04-22-09 04:56 PM
    Just installed it and loving it
    04-22-09 04:59 PM
    it drains my memory but this was a known problem and it works for me on BIS
    04-22-09 05:04 PM
    screw social scope. i'll support devs that release a beta app into the wild, before any elitist alpha program that only lets certain people in. the MINUTE Ubertwitter becomes a full fledged app, i'll be purchasing it and fully supporting whoever the **** made it.

UBT > SS FTW.
    04-22-09 05:05 PM
    i just installed in i think it better than twitterberry!
    04-22-09 05:29 PM
    I like UberTwitter but holy **** does it suck my battery. Normally after 12 hours I still have 50% of my battery. Instead I have been down to 15% the past couple of days. I have it set to update every 30 min, the highest interval I can, but I'd rather it didn't update at all unless I tell it to. Bleh.
    04-22-09 07:43 PM
    Just installed. Better than TwitterBerry. The options page feels more like a Set-up wizard. LOL

I like UberTwitter but holy **** does it suck my battery. Normally after 12 hours I still have 50% of my battery. Instead I have been down to 15% the past couple of days. I have it set to update every 30 min, the highest interval I can, but I'd rather it didn't update at all unless I tell it to. Bleh.
    I hope my battery doesnt drain that fast. I might have to go back to TwitterBerry if it does.
    04-22-09 07:45 PM
    Yeah, I think I may do that. I'd just use the mobile site because I only want it to update on demand and I don't need it to beep at me or anything, but the mobile site is so ugly. lol.
    04-22-09 07:48 PM
    I haven't had any battery issues with UT and I have it set to update in 30 min intervals. But if u are having issues make sure u hit the bb button and select exit and not CLOSE! If u hit exit, U
    T will only update when u open the app. If u hit close, the end key, or the back button, it will constantly update in the intervals u have set in options, thus possibly draining your battery... I also can't wait to see what the developers add in the 2nd beta since they've had so much input for all the users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 10:23 PM
    I always thought Twitter was a stupid concept. I guess I'm just an internet old fart. Anyway, I decided to give it a try so I can track posts by sites I want news feeds from, like CrackBerry. I signed up on Twitter yesterday and installed TwitterBerry on the BB. TB is okay, but I wanted to give UT a shot.

I installed UT, and it won't work. I'm not sure what is going on, and all I get is a cryptic error message (see attached screenshot.) Somehow I doubt the error is accurate, as TB seems to be working fine.

Any thoughts?

8330 with 4.5 on Verizon with BES.
    04-23-09 08:11 AM
    UT is far superior to TB. All the funcationality of TB seemed like they were designed by a schizo kid with ADD. UT is well organized and visually interesting.
    04-23-09 09:55 AM
    nice app .
    04-23-09 12:01 PM
    I love TwitterBerry and prefer it much more than any other twitter app out now but UT looks promising. Haven't downloaded the beta though because I've heard of horrible mem leaks and battery drains from quite a few people. Once it's officially released I will probably switch though.

Been waiting for a Twitter app that has notifications when people reply to you...
    04-23-09 12:51 PM
    I love the way UT looks, more posts per page and displays 'clickable' links without having to 'select', copy and paste which is nearly impossible on the storm. However it refreshes too often and burns up the battery like others have said. I constantly have the hourglass (clock) running and I think its the uber twitter. Unfortunately I'm going to go back to twitterberry too.
    04-23-09 09:42 PM
    how do i set notification settings for UT? I have both UT and TB installed but only TB has notification settings available. I'm removing both and putting on just UT to test right now...

... still no notification settings
    Last edited by jamesvdm; 04-23-09 at 09:58 PM.
    04-23-09 09:50 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD