Is it just me or is UberTwitter a really good Twitter application for our Storm? I have been using it for about a week now and I must say I really like it so far. I haven't experienced any problems with the program as of yet, and its only in a beta stage. I think it has some really cool features that Twitterberry and Tinytwitter do not offer and it seems to run alot smoother! What are your thoughts?

OTA Download - �berTwitter Download

Follow me on Twitter - Derrick Lee (DVLJR) on Twitter
    04-18-09 06:47 PM
    Does it work on BIS? I read that it was only BES so far.
    04-18-09 06:55 PM
    Hmm, it works fine for me so far! Go figure, I know I read that it didn't work on BIS yet and on the UberTwitter site it said that one of the main comments on the beta was that it needs to work on BIS.
    04-18-09 07:41 PM
    It works great for me on Bis I have a question though pics uploaded through the app can only be viewed by people using this app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 08:21 PM
    When u upload a pic, UT host the pic on its own UT pic site. It is not affliated with twitpic... And anybody can click on the pic link on ypur post and view it on there cpu or mobile� oh and it also has a cool feature like Goog maps, where UT will track your location using cell triangulation and let ypur friends view your loc on goog maps!

04-18-09 08:32 PM
    Ok I have to ask. What is BES. And BIS?

04-18-09 08:56 PM
    Ok I have to ask. What is BES. And BIS?

I can help here BES stands for BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If your on a corporate enviornment, i'd say theres a 99% chance your BlackBerry is on a BES. Theres lots more info on RIM's site.

BIS is BlackBerry Interent Service. If your not on a corporate enviornment, then your on BIS. BIS is also cheaper per month, as you dont need Enterprise.

Again, these are very simple explanations. On RIM's site you will find a lot more info. Hope that helps!
    04-18-09 10:30 PM
    Working fine for me and all I have is BIS
    04-18-09 10:47 PM
    Stinks it only let's you post pics you take from inside the app.. But for only being a beta, its the best twitter app for a BB in my opinion..

04-18-09 10:58 PM
    Is it just me or is UberTwitter a really good Twitter application for our Storm? I have been using it for about a week now and I must say I really like it so far. I haven't experienced any problems with the program as of yet, and its only in a beta stage. I think it has some really cool features that Twitterberry and Tinytwitter do not offer and it seems to run alot smoother! What are your thoughts?

OTA Download - �berTwitter Download

Follow me on Twitter - Derrick Lee (DVLJR) on Twitter
    Thanks bro. Wouldn't have known about this app if i didn't see this thread. Pretty nice app.
    04-18-09 11:20 PM
    Stinks it only let's you post pics you take from inside the app.. But for only being a beta, its the best twitter app for a BB in my opinion..

hit the bb key when viewing a pic, it will say send to uberpic and there ya go. I thought the same thing when i first started using it.
    04-18-09 11:32 PM

I agree. I mean I haven't had a chance to use Social Scope yet, but its better than Twitterberry,Tinytwitter, & Yatca IMHO
    04-18-09 11:39 PM
    hit the bb key when viewing a pic, it will say send to uberpic and there ya go. I thought the same thing when i first started using it.
    I tried this but send to UberPic is not an option.

04-18-09 11:53 PM
    ok, let me get a screen shot and I'll post it.
    Last edited by Lylej2k; 04-19-09 at 12:18 AM.
    04-19-09 12:13 AM
    I tried this but send to UberPic is not an option.

Its below send to messenger contact.

04-19-09 04:18 AM
    I'm able to post a pic fine that I have stored on my phone.Great App
    04-19-09 06:55 AM
    Thanks for pointing this app out. I have had a Twitter account for 2 years and never really used it. The ease of this app and the ease at which it can post pics has made me a Twitter fan for life.
    04-20-09 03:04 PM
    comparing this to TwitterBerry which one do you guys prefer?

Im a new user, awaiting my Storm tomorrow. Trying to do as much research as possible on how to customize my phone...cant wait to get it
    04-20-09 05:23 PM

Im a new user, awaiting my Storm tomorrow. Trying to do as much research as possible on how to customize my phone...cant wait to get it
    I prefer UberTwitter.
    04-20-09 05:37 PM
    I deleated it there's a memory leak.

04-20-09 05:50 PM

UberTwitter. And no leaks for me, just a solid app.
    04-20-09 06:03 PM
    ubertwitter is way better than twitterberry. i waited 3+ months and never got a socialscope invite. so far this is the best app i've seen for twitter
    04-20-09 06:13 PM
    ubertwitter is much better that twitterberry<---just slowed my whole phone down for some reason and was a pain to use..
    04-20-09 06:23 PM
    I've been waiting on SocialScope as well, but UberTwitter looks very very promising. Better than yatca, and I liked yatca... mostly.

Even in beta UT looks very full featured. Thanks for sharing the link!
    04-20-09 08:56 PM
    Y'all are welcome. I love UberTwiter! I haven't had any problems and its only the beta!! Amd if u leave feedback on there website, they will try and accommodate what features u want to see on the next build

04-20-09 09:36 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD