08-06-09 03:15 PM
109 ... 2345
tools
    Trying out the new beta. If they could add the option fro non-storm users to upload previously taken pictures, I would probably switch from Twitterberry.

Also, one little bug I noticed!: When you hover over the icon and it tells you how many new tweets there are, the number doesn't seem to refresh after you have viewed them. I had 2 new tweets the last time it updated and even after I viewed them several times it would still say there were 2.
    About the "Send to UberTwitter" option: I have this option on my 8900 running 5.0.0.93. I didn't have the option when I was running 4.6 though.

About the bug: I do not have this issue.
    05-09-09 08:31 PM
    I'm curious. For those of you whose email account on twitter matches the one on your blackberry, do you get notifications for new followers and direct messages via email on ur blackberry or via ubertwitter?

I'm using ubertwitter under a different email than is on my blackberry so I'm still getting the notifications in my mailbox. I expected this, but just want to make sure.
    05-09-09 08:35 PM
    I_love_my_bold:
    I got my twitter email set up on my unit and I get emails for new followers and direct messages. Then I just open uber.

sohaib786:
    If you have a data plan you should be fine. You may to call your provider to be sure though. If you are only using wifi then its different.

electric1:
    Check out my work around for uploading pics. Just choose "reply" hit menu, take photo, then delete the @username to send as a regular tweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 10:01 PM
    how do I follow from the app?????????????
    05-09-09 10:39 PM
    Search for a user by going to the menu >> click on one of the persons tweet >> menu >> follow

05-09-09 10:43 PM
    You lost Me, I click on menu, then a persons tweet???? from menu??? please elaborate
    05-09-09 10:47 PM
    if i wanted to search for a person on twitter to follow, how would i do so?
    05-09-09 10:49 PM
    if i wanted to search for a person on twitter to follow, how would i do so?
    On UberTwitter you go to the SEARCH TWITTER option in the menu.

Type the username of the person. Once you're on that person's tweet (update) open the Menu again and click FOLLOW.
    05-09-09 10:56 PM
    On UberTwitter you go to the SEARCH TWITTER option in the menu.

Type the username of the person. Once you're on that person's tweet (update) open the Menu again and click FOLLOW.

Frunkiss, you reek of pure AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!
    05-09-09 10:58 PM
    Thanks!! I think.
    05-10-09 12:09 AM
    By the way...
    UberTwitter Beta 2 DOES have the option to take a photo and send to Twitter. From what I've seen there's no option to use an existing photo.

To take a photo on UberTwitter you just go to
    Menu >> Update My Status >> Menu >> Take Picture

Hope this helps. This seems to be a common complaint for non-storm users.
    05-10-09 01:04 AM
    Next question, how exactly do I use twitpic w. uber twitter, matter of fact, how do i use twitpic period???
    05-10-09 01:08 AM
    You sign up on TwitPic with your Twitter email address and password.
    Go to Settings.
    You will see an email address to send your photos to.
    Such as your Twitter username and your TwitPic PIN number.
    (Example: username.5682@twitpic.com)
    Save that email address to your BlackBerry address book.

Now just send an email with the picture (as an attachment) to the that address.
    The subject line will be the text in your "tweet". I always delete the file name and enter a sentence or two.

As long as you send it to that email address it will be posted.
    --
    Right now there's no direct integration between TwitPic and UberTwitter. For now. I'm sure they're working on it.
    So if you want to use TwitPic, then you'll have to send the email to TwitPic.
    Otherwise you can add a photo in the Update Status section of UberTwitter and it will upload it to their image hosting which is http://mypict.me
    Last edited by frunkiss; 05-10-09 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Correction
    05-10-09 01:23 AM
    grr..... network error for me and i changed to tcp and still nothing.....
    I'm having the same problem, uninstalled a couple of times.
    It only seems to work when connected to my wi-fi, not through my mobile internet!!

Any suggestions??
    05-10-09 10:08 AM
    Just realised that you posted this!!

Thanks a million....I'm now up and running without Wi-Fi!!
    05-10-09 10:17 AM

About the bug: I do not have this issue.
    Yeah, after checking it out some more, it seems that the icon won't update on the home screen. If you go into the menu and hover over the icon there it will accurately reflect the number of new tweets.
    05-10-09 10:46 AM
    I've noticed that my 'everyone' timeline doesn't refresh on the 2nd beta.

Anyone else noticed this?

05-10-09 04:19 PM
    I am loving the new beta. Then to know they are still working on the app with the feedback from everyone is promising. Was upset about not getting invite to SS (Lite), but getting over it. Only twitter app on my pearl.

05-10-09 05:47 PM
    I've found that it will only work through wifi. I get a network error when I am out and about. Any ideas to what the problem could be?

05-10-09 07:44 PM
    I've found that it will only work through wifi. I get a network error when I am out and about. Any ideas to what the problem could be?

Have you changed your TCP settings to your carriers? If not that will cause you an issue with almost every twitter app minus twitterberry.

TCP, APN, WAP, Gateway and Port Carrier Settings - PinStack.com
    05-10-09 08:01 PM
    My wife and I share minutes on a family plan. I have unlimited data and now use twitterberry. I downloaded the new UBer and it looks great, but dont want to get any charges for minutes. Do any of you know if they use phone minutes for any updating?
    05-10-09 08:17 PM
    It seems to me this app eats up a fair bit of memory, but I am still playing around with it to see if that's the case. After I uninstalled it, a lot of memory seemed to free up.

What are the best settings to reduce the amount of memory this app uses?

It's not like I'm constantly getting lots of tweets and I have it set to update every four hours. Most of the time I *exit* out of the application, not merely close it. Still, is it running something in the background?
    05-10-09 09:51 PM
    grr..... network error for me and i changed to tcp and still nothing.....
    Same here omg what do i do. or do i go back to Twittberry til they resolve this??
    05-11-09 08:29 AM
    can you log out of ut if you wanted too?
    05-11-09 11:31 AM
    My wife and I share minutes on a family plan. I have unlimited data and now use twitterberry. I downloaded the new UBer and it looks great, but dont want to get any charges for minutes. Do any of you know if they use phone minutes for any updating?
    I believe it is all data.
    05-11-09 11:50 AM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD