Yup. Picture work around I posted above works great!

(Can't edit from my handset.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 01:43 AM
    Its ok But missing simple features that socialscope has.

05-09-09 01:59 AM
    Such as what features?

05-09-09 02:39 AM
    Well, there's already a link in the menu. Plus it'll help load the timeline much faster.
    05-09-09 03:10 AM
    I've tried everything but I can still only find a download for 0.40.

Any ideas on how to .50 please?
    05-09-09 03:16 AM
    The link I used at thw begining of this post upgraded me just fine. You may want to clear your cache and battery pull your device and try it again.

05-09-09 03:26 AM
    Tried it all. Ended up sulking...and that seems to of fixed it lol. Now rolling with .50 and it's working great.

Ta

Sy
    05-09-09 03:31 AM
    I am loving this version. It also seems like it should be a jump from .40 to .80 so many features have been added. I can now skip the Twitter site altogether for 95% of what I do with Twitter. Good job!

05-09-09 03:43 AM
    I do like the thumbnail of twitpic that it pulls down. Sweet.
    05-09-09 03:57 AM

I have this ability (or at least the option) on my storm. I just click the BB button and there is a "send to Ubertwitter" option.
    Have you actually managed to upload a picture with UberTwitter? I've never got one to work, I always get an error (at least with Beta-2 it doesn't hang!)
    05-09-09 04:20 AM
    It worked fine on mine

05-09-09 04:22 AM
    Do you have to resize or anything? Or just send a full picture through? It could of course be my bandwidth as I'm only in a 2G area.
    Last edited by MarlboroM; 05-09-09 at 04:26 AM.
    05-09-09 04:23 AM
    Its ok But missing simple features that socialscope has.

What features are you speaking of? There is hardly anything else you could want to do that ubertwitter doesn't do..
    05-09-09 08:49 AM
    just download ubertwitter beta 2. im a big twitterberry user and i like the added features of ubertwitter! i dont like how my @replies were also seen in yellow highlight in the timeline. it would be great if @replies were removed from the timeline.
    Last edited by jerberry; 05-09-09 at 09:18 AM.
    05-09-09 09:11 AM
    just download ubertwitter beta 2. im a big twitterberry user and i like the added features of ubertwitter! i dont like how my @replies were also seen in yellow highlight in the timeline. it would be great if @replies were removed from the timeline.
    Maybe that could be an option... because I LIKE having my @replies in the timeline.
    05-09-09 09:22 AM
    Did you go into your profile and turn off the LED indicator? I don't think a lot of people realize they integrated notifications into this build.
    Thanks. Got it fixed. I forgot that you could do that.
    05-09-09 11:13 AM
    Maybe that could be an option... because I LIKE having my @replies in the timeline.
    I like that too, because otherwise I never check my @replies section, but I always look at my timeline.
    05-09-09 11:15 AM
    Would be good to be able to set the startup page - like twitter berry so you can start with "update" rather than the timeline.
    05-09-09 11:54 AM
    Agreed. I like having them in timeline too. Be better as an option.
    05-09-09 12:44 PM
    Would be good to be able to set the startup page - like twitter berry so you can start with "update" rather than the timeline.
    Agree with this one too. I requested to have splash page set as update status as an option
    05-09-09 12:45 PM
    Do you have to resize or anything? Or just send a full picture through? It could of course be my bandwidth as I'm only in a 2G area.
    I didn't need to resize the photos or anything, however, I do have wifi at home when I tried it.
    But I really doubt that's the issue.
    05-09-09 01:31 PM
    Hi guys need help having trouble with ubertwitter just installed it. It only works with wifi but if I turn it of there is an error which says Network Error I can't use the app without wifi old version of uber twitter use to work fine plz help thanks

05-09-09 03:54 PM
    I can't use the app without wifi old version of uber twitter use to work fine plz help thanks

Be sure to have your TCP settings configured on your handset properly and choose check the "Direct TCP" in UberTwitter's options in addition to WiFi.

----- TCP settings borrowed from another forum ----------------

Nextel/Telus - iDEN - Has TCP/IP

No APN/TCP settings required on iDEN units including 65XX, 75XX and 7100i. They are special because they are iDEN and more native TCP/IP. After a new BlackBerry activation, you may need to wait 2 business days before third party Internet software such as VeriChat works. In the past, it was necessary to call Nextel to order the static IP address option (about $4/month), but now a static IP address appears to be included with BlackBerries by default.

Rogers - Has TCP/IP

Go to Options->TCP

APN: internet.com

Username/password is blank

Note: If this does not work, call Rogers and get the "internet.com Access Point Name" added to your account. If they say it already exists, tell them to load up the records anyway, just to doublecheck.

T-Mobile - Has TCP/IP
    Go to Options->TCP (or Tools->TCP)
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

Note: T-Mobile has fixed the port-blocking issue - see this post for more info. In rare cases, it is reported you may need to enter your T-Mobile username and password, the same information used for logging into Unsupported Browser ... If it still does not work properly, just call T-Mobile (call after Feburary 11th, 2005), and ask them to get the "wap.voicestream.com Internet Access Point Name" added to your BlackBerry account at no extra charge.

Cingular Orange - Has TCP/IP
    Go to Options->TCP
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: CINGULAR1

Formerly, it used to be difficult to get this to work on Cingular but in December 2005, a new Internet Browser Icon suddenly appeared on Cingular BlackBerry units. When this happened, it also suddenly became easier to use Cingular BlackBerry with TCP/IP. If you are still having problems, please click here.

Reports from contact with Cingular (now AT&T) Blackberry support are that due to an October 2007 change in the system settings, many users will no longer need to use the wap.cingular settings. Blackberry users can now purportedly bypass the AT&T proxy that the wap.cingular setup required and can now have direct access using isp.cingular settings. Try the following settings:

Go to Settings->Advanced Options->TCP
    APN: isp.cingular
    Username: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)

Cingular Blue - Has TCP/IP
    Go to Options->TCP
    APN: proxy
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

Try using these settings if you are on the former AT&T network, instead of the Cingular settings.

Verizon - Has TCP/IP
    Newer models including 7250 and 7130 now has a TCP/IP stack, no configuration is needed. Many third party Internet applications work out of the box on it! However, the older 6750 and 7750 models will NOT work with TCP/IP.

Telus - CDMA - Has Partial TCP/IP
    Recently, in late 2005, this feature got activated on newer Telus units. Newer models including 7250 now has a TCP/IP stack, no configuration is needed. However, there seems to be blocking for certain applications such as IM. Several third party Internet applications work out of the box on it! However, the older 6750 and 7750 models will NOT work with TCP/IP.

Bell Mobility - Does NOT Work; Need MDS hosting
    Unfortunately, none of the Bell Mobility BlackBerries have a TCP/IP stack enabled. Not even the 7250. A future BlackBerryOS may fix this, or Bell Mobility might enable the feature in the future. No timeline known. For now, get BES/MDS Hosting in order to make 3rd party Internet applications work. (Note: Some applications such as IM+ will work on Bell Moblity if configuring using WAP/gateway/APN settings listed below. See this post)

Sprint - Unknown; Might Work
    Unknown. There is enough TCP/IP functionality in BlackBerryOS 4.0.0.204 or later, for software such as Verichat and Berry411 to work. This BlackBerryOS is preinstalled on the model 7250. Some software such as Reqwireless Emailviewer will require you to input gateway IP address information (See below). For the best TCP/IP support, you must use BES/MDS. You will need to pay $10 to $25 extra per month for BES/MDS Hosting in order to gain access to the Internet and TCP/IP software.

Other Carriers - Might Work This is a list posted by a wonderful forum member bfrye on BlackBerryForums.com ... In addition to this list, there is also another list of alternate APN's on the Internet. You may have to telephone your carrier to tell them to get the Access Point Name (APN) added to your BlackBerry mobile phone account. Here are the most common APN's, although they can change over time:

AT&T
    Gateway IP: 10.250.250.250
    Port: 9201
    APN: proxy

Bell Mobility
    Gateway IP: 207.236.197.199
    Port: 9203

Cincinnati Bell
    Gateway IP: 216.68.79.199
    APN: wap.gocbw.com
    username: cbw

Cingular (modem compatible)
    Gateway IP: ?
    Port: ?
    APN: isp.cingular
    Username:

Cingular
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: wap@cingulargprs.com

Cingular
    Gateway IP: 66.209.11.61
    Port: 9203
    APN: blackberry.net

Dobson
    APN: cellular1wap
    O2 (Germany)
    Gateway IP: 195.182.114.52
    APN: wap.viaginterkorn.de

O2 (Holland)
    Gateway IP: 193.113.200.195
    APN: internet

O2 (Ireland)
    Gateway IP: 192.168.90.74
    APN: wap.dol.ie
    username: gprs
    password: gprs

O2 (UK)
    Gateway IP: 192.113.200.195
    APN: wap.o2.co.uk
    username: o2wap
    password: password

Rogers
    Gateway IP: 208.200.67.150

T-Mobile (Czech)
    Gateway: ?
    APN:internet.t-mobile.cz

T-Mobile (UK) 1
    Gateway IP: 149.254.1.10
    APN: general.t-mobile.uk

T-Mobile (UK) 2
    Gateway IP: 140.254.1.0

T-Mobile (Germany)
    Gateway IP: 193.254.160.2
    APN: wap.t-dl.de

T-Mobile (US)
    Gateway IP: 216.155.165.50
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

T-Mobile (US)
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

Telcel
    APN: internet.itelcel.com
    Username: webgprs
    Password: webgrps2002

NOTE: If you have a Blackberry Pearl with Telcel and you add this APN, you _will_ get charged for GPRS data transfer (at $0.12/kb). Even if you are paying for BlackBerry Internet Service ($299+IVA). I am currently trying to get this resolved with Telcel, but I suggest you leave this blank for now if you don't want to pay more.

Telefonica Movil
    Gateway IP: 192.168.80.21
    APN wap.movistar.es

Telstra
    Gateway IP: 10.1.1.150
    APN: telstra.internet

TIM (Italy)
    Gateway IP: 213.26.205.1
    APN: wap.tim.it

Unicel (US)
    Gateway: ?
    APN:apn.unicel.com

Verizon Alternate
    Gateway IP: 12.168.70.74

Verizon
    Gateway IP: 153.114.115.100
    Port 9203

Vodafone (NL)
    Gateway IP: 192.168.251.150
    APN: blackberry.vodafone.nl
    username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone

Vodafone (Spain)
    Gateway IP: 212.73.32.10
    APN: airtelwap.es
    username: wap@wap
    password: wap125

Vodafone (UK)
    Gateway IP: 212.183.137.12
    APN: wap.vodafone.uk
    username: user@vodafone.net
    password: user
    05-09-09 05:09 PM
    Trying out the new beta. If they could add the option fro non-storm users to upload previously taken pictures, I would probably switch from Twitterberry.

Also, one little bug I noticed!: When you hover over the icon and it tells you how many new tweets there are, the number doesn't seem to refresh after you have viewed them. I had 2 new tweets the last time it updated and even after I viewed them several times it would still say there were 2.

Actually, I checked just now before posting this and it seems it did eventually reset. Maybe it just takes a while? Or maybe it can't update on the home screen like some of the weather apps.
    05-09-09 06:01 PM
    Be sure to have your TCP settings configured on your handset properly and choose check the "Direct TCP" in UberTwitter's options in addition to WiFi.

----- TCP settings borrowed from another forum ----------------

Nextel/Telus - iDEN - Has TCP/IP

No APN/TCP settings required on iDEN units including 65XX, 75XX and 7100i. They are special because they are iDEN and more native TCP/IP. After a new BlackBerry activation, you may need to wait 2 business days before third party Internet software such as VeriChat works. In the past, it was necessary to call Nextel to order the static IP address option (about $4/month), but now a static IP address appears to be included with BlackBerries by default.

Rogers - Has TCP/IP

Go to Options->TCP

Username/password is blank

Note: If this does not work, call Rogers and get the "internet.com Access Point Name" added to your account. If they say it already exists, tell them to load up the records anyway, just to doublecheck.

Hi thanks alot for your help i got the TCP/IP setting for Orange UK, I had to put orangeinternet in TCP/IP section now everything works fine

just wanted to know this wont cost me extra will it?

thanks again
    05-09-09 06:14 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD