It sure did, but it doesn't seem the new version does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Figured it out, you have to keep the cursor on the last tweet before closing the application. Don't leave it on the ad.

Although, its not necesary anymore since UB eliminated the ads for now.
    08-13-09 09:18 AM
    Just to clarify for everyone (not that it matters for the current ad version), there is currently no way to downgrade and there never has been, according to an Ubertwitter rep. I contacted them directly with this question and just received this information.

So this is in line with the temporariness of the current free version: at some point if, you continue to use UT w/o paying (when the pay version comes out), you will inevitably have to upgrade, to whatever they choose to put out, unless they change this policy.
    08-13-09 09:53 AM
    whats wrong with the devs wanting to get paid for their work?

if u guys are not gonna pay for the ad-free one, they gotta get their revenue via ads..
    and its not a very hindery flashy ad.. just a one liner banner..

full featured too.. so whats the big fuss?

if forumers want an awesome app like UT and not have ads, go dev ur own app man
    08-13-09 10:31 AM
    whats wrong with the devs wanting to get paid for their work?

if u guys are not gonna pay for the ad-free one, they gotta get their revenue via ads..
    and its not a very hindery flashy ad.. just a one liner banner..

full featured too.. so whats the big fuss?

if forumers want an awesome app like UT and not have ads, go dev ur own app man
    there's no convincing some folks, at least not now. They've been quieted for at least another few weeks by successfully getting UT to temporarily remove the ads until the pay version comes out.

I figure, at lease some of them,if they stay with UT, will get used to it once the pay version comes out. Subscriptions (which is what's coming next for UT) may not be popular preferences among them either.
    08-13-09 10:49 AM
    Anyone have a problem with their alerts in the new beta of UT? My replies alert is working... but for some reason, my alert for my DM's only plays a sound when I open my DM's... not when I get one. Anyone having the same problem?
    08-13-09 12:19 PM
    I think we should take down the names of all the whiners and if any of them ever dares to ask us all to support their endeavors to earn a buck, we can show them just how *insert expletive here* they've been to the fine folks at UberTwitter.
    08-13-09 03:16 PM
    How the heck is the ad cluttery? Its a single banner that disappears once you scroll down.
    I don't have to find it not cluttery just because you don't find it cluttery. The world is a big place with lots of people with different opinions.

Apparently, however, they've temporarily taken off the ad so I guess I wasn't alone in not digging it. Again, I'll wait for the more finished paid version.

I'm with bro that mentioned some of the posts are a bit OTT in heyah....
    08-13-09 03:18 PM
    I think we should take down the names of all the whiners and if any of them ever dares to ask us all to support their endeavors to earn a buck, we can show them just how *insert expletive here* they've been to the fine folks at UberTwitter.

lol. im down w/ it, though it would probably easier to just ignore em and laugh while they create zillions of topics asking the same question that no one feels like answering
    08-13-09 03:31 PM
    I HATE the new ubertwitter! It won't refresh my timeline- I have to close it and re-open it to get it to refresh! I also have to hit cancel and resend my tweet a few times before it actually posts my tweet. The ad is annoying, and it posts 3-4 of the same tweet by the same person (which isn't there on the computer.)

It annoys me to no end being FORCED to upgrade to a BETA version!

08-15-09 06:00 PM
    Anyone have a problem with their alerts in the new beta of UT? My replies alert is working... but for some reason, my alert for my DM's only plays a sound when I open my DM's... not when I get one. Anyone having the same problem?
    I get a strange little beepbeepbeep *pause* beepbeepbeep when UT receives something (not sure what yet) but I wondered if it's because I don't have a sound set for those. I wonder if your alerts are related to my alert issue.
    08-15-09 06:05 PM
    I HATE the new ubertwitter! It won't refresh my timeline- I have to close it and re-open it to get it to refresh! I also have to hit cancel and resend my tweet a few times before it actually posts my tweet. The ad is annoying, and it posts 3-4 of the same tweet by the same person (which isn't there on the computer.)

Did you already try to uninstall/reinstall?
    You're getting a little worked up about a free app, aren't you?
    08-15-09 06:14 PM

It was a Beta version BEFORE you upgraded, and no one forced you to do it. You could have kept using the old version. Besides, I haven't experienced any of the problems you described, at least not so far.
    08-15-09 06:25 PM
    I am having issues with it not refreshing my timeline. Was never a problem for me with previous versions. (BTW- I'm not one of the whiners, just miss UT fxning properly!LOL!)

08-16-09 03:07 PM
    I downloaded the new UT & changed my profile picture (from web) but on UT it still shows the old picture??? Idk what to do.

08-16-09 03:36 PM
    Clear the cache. Should reload all the profile pictures
    08-16-09 07:36 PM
    I'm �berHappy
    08-17-09 02:36 AM
    i dunno if it has to do with this new version but im experiencing a major memory leak since installing it. after a day of use, my phone is going down from 20+ MB free to under 7. its even reached 0 MB free a few times.
    08-17-09 05:20 AM
    i dunno if it has to do with this new version but im experiencing a major memory leak since installing it. after a day of use, my phone is going down from 20+ MB free to under 7. its even reached 0 MB free a few times.
    I have been noticing a problem as well. Not 100% sure that its UT, but my phone has been VERY laggy since I installed it, and yes, I know how to set everything in the options to get the best performance, location is turned OFF, and refresh every 10 min. The file free has been falling steadily since I installed it and have deleted almost every other app to try and single it out.

I am going to do a wipe this evening and reinstall the OS because it has become a pain just to use my BB lately, everything including menus etc are going very slow, and it all started happening after I installed this latest release of ubertwitter. We will see what happens.
    08-17-09 09:29 AM
    I finally uninstalled & redownloaded UT. Working much better this evening. Hope that fixes the issues for me. I really like UT & hate if I had to find another app.

08-17-09 08:41 PM
    I finally uninstalled & redownloaded UT. Working much better this evening. Hope that fixes the issues for me. I really like UT & hate if I had to find another app.

I think that Twitter was having some small issues yesterday towards last night. I saw Ubertwitter post a message saying to someone "it's not us, it's Twitter". I noticed it kinda slow yesterday and yesterday night too. Seems snappier today.

08-17-09 09:31 PM
    after another full day my memory is down to 0 MBs free. all my recent BBM conversations were deleted too. this is kinda getting anonying. i dont even have it set to update that often. ive always set it to check every hour. ive also turned off checking for the GPS location and lowered the maximum tweets in the timeline to 100. ive never had this problem with 0.78.
    08-18-09 04:30 AM
    Sent: Aug 18, 2009 08:03

We will be releasing a new version on Thursday and will be turning ads back on and offering a paid ad free option

sent via UberTwitter

08-18-09 08:45 AM
    How can I block my location on ubertwitter

08-21-09 03:57 PM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD