I was planning to wait to upgrade but .78 kept giving me a warning @ expiring & was freezing on me today. So went ahead & upgraded to .909 about 2 hrs ago. The ad is not a big deal at all, I expected much worse with all the Whining on here. Wow what babies! Anyway, this version is MUCH slower & sluggish for me tho. I am not able to refresh my timeline at all unless I completely exit the app & restart. Anyone else having any real problems with this version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 08:41 PM
    I was planning to wait to upgrade but .78 kept giving me a warning @ expiring & was freezing on me today. So went ahead & upgraded to .909 about 2 hrs ago. The ad is not a big deal at all, I expected much worse with all the Whining on here. Wow what babies! Anyway, this version is MUCH slower & sluggish for me tho. I am not able to refresh my timeline at all unless I completely exit the app & restart. Anyone else having any real problems with this version?

Been using it all day and have not had any of the issues you have.

And I totally agree with you about the whining.
    08-12-09 08:43 PM
    Well I exited tonight & will try resetting phone in morning. Hopefully it will work itself out. I really luv UT & hate to have to use another app.

08-12-09 09:09 PM
    Not that big on twitter... had ubertwitter on my phone to see what it was all about. Was following a few celebrities. After the upgrade and seeing the ad banner, and then reading it will be a charge to get rid of banner... I deleted of my phone. Not interested.
    08-12-09 09:16 PM
    Whats up with people whining about the single ad displayed in UberTwitter ? If you don't wanna see ads, buy it when that version comes out, jeeeez
    08-12-09 09:37 PM
    Whats up with people whining about the single ad displayed in UberTwitter ? If you don't wanna see ads, buy it when that version comes out, jeeeez
    What!!! That is crazy talk. We want a great app that does everything we want and we want it for free without any ads. We don't care how hard the developers work. We just want free.

/end sarcasms
    08-12-09 09:40 PM
    UT is fine. The advertisements are not that bad. How else would they have the ability to offer this app for free? It runs quite well for me; I am more of a SS guy. However, UT will remain on my BB as well.
    08-12-09 09:45 PM
    I really like UT! I don't see why everyone is complaining about the ad... Ill look at the ad everyday If it means having an awesome, feature loaded, friendly interface twitter app. I downloaded twitterberry and one othe client and they were nowhere near UT's awesomeness!

Anyone have an idea how much the paid app would be?

08-12-09 10:04 PM
    Why does it say network error when I'm trying to use it on wifi?...

08-12-09 10:31 PM
    i really like UT but does anyone else feel like there is a memory leak?
    08-12-09 10:37 PM
    Going back to YATCA
    Last edited by AlwaysLostSometimes; 08-12-09 at 11:44 PM.
    08-12-09 10:57 PM
    For what it's worth, CrackBerry is ad-sustained, and I don't see anyone complaining or leaving CB in huge numbers to other BB related sites...

Don't like ads? Pay for the app or find another suitable option. Problem solved.

BTW, I like so far the latest version, even with the ads.
    08-12-09 11:06 PM
    For what it's worth, CrackBerry is ad-sustained, and I don't see anyone complaining or leaving CB in huge numbers to other BB related sites...

Don't like ads? Pay for the app or find another suitable option. Problem solved.

BTW, I like so far the latest version, even with the ads.
    adblock plus on firefox. I don't have to look at ads on any website. Now if there was a BB browser that blocked ads imagine how much faster browsing would be.
    08-12-09 11:09 PM
    Bye-bye UberTwitter. I am uber you. Going to TweetCaster from handmark.com
    Tweeting on your BlackBerry just got a lot better.

* URL shortening
    * Picture sharing
    * @replies & retweets
    * GPS locator
    * Toggle multiple accounts
    * Trending topics
    For a handmark app it does look pretty good. Is there a free trial? I couldn't seem to find a link for that on their website. Definitely won't pay for something I can't take for a test tweet.
    08-12-09 11:12 PM
    Omgzzzz ubertwitz drama s0 intense 4 s0 longZ cry mii a RiVA

Hahahaha. Sorry, I just read where this thread has gone since I last checked it early this afternoon and can no longer take much of it seriously.

08-12-09 11:17 PM
    BTW, I kinda thought the older version would open up on the oldest unread tweet first, not liking to have to start from top down..doesn't it make sense to read the oldest post first.
    It sure did, but it doesn't seem the new version does.

08-12-09 11:55 PM
    I love how everyone wants a good app, but no one wants to pay for it or to see ads to help the developer out.

The phrase cheap ba$****$ comes to mind
    i second that all these people complaing about something thats free wow. why dont you all go to work on your jobs for free. i 2 hate the ads but if a paid version comes out i will pay for it. the developers spent time and money creating this app and if he wants to be paid i agree so shut the **** up if you dont want the free app or pay for the paid one. go use twitterberry then damit!
    08-13-09 12:56 AM
    If you dont want to pay to remove them you can always downgrade. Ads help pay for us to get a free client version, so I can't be mad at that.

With this notification icon coming up, I think it's worth the few dollars.
    how do you downgrade back to .78? please let me kno!
    08-13-09 04:36 AM
    From Twitter 5 min. ago:

@UberTwiter Ads are now off, select 'exit', then re-enter uber, it will retrv one more ad, then that will be it.

@UberTwiter We will be turning the ads in UberTwitter off until we can offer an ad-free option, we have heard you all loud and clear!
    08-13-09 04:57 AM
    now that theyre taking off ads because of everyones unnecessary whining will they be stripping down the next version? i hope they dont strip the free version from some features that the paid version would have. the ad was the size of a tweet and i cant see how anyone could complain about that.
    08-13-09 05:46 AM
    I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. The majority of forum members inevitably fall under the category of people who have, for a long time now, grown SO resistant to online advertising, that no matter what website you open, your mind IMMEDIATELY and subconsciously blocks all flashing crap or content outside of what you are looking for.

How many of you can tell me what was the ad on the right-hand side of crackberry.com title page? No peeking, be honest - I am sure all will have trouble remembering that...

Long post short, the ads are not THAT bad, they are small enough not to take your whole screen or block vision of the tweets.

So, how about we cut these guys some slack and by scrolling our oh-so-exhausted and hard-working fingers a tiny inch more, we help them pay for their hard work?

To those adamantly opposing this, I'd recommend they put together their own ad-free version out there for free - it might just not be as easy as you think to put together a proper product.

Thank you Uber for introducing me to twitter - before you I didn't even have an account there
    08-13-09 05:46 AM
    Does anyone have a 909 OTA link for not from uber, my company has uber blocked on BES
    Bumping this up. Any leads guys?
    08-13-09 07:39 AM
    and what are the odds that the first tweet we saw was meaningful anyway?

I admittedly follow some folks that only on occasion have something interesting to say, so I tend to scroll a lot anyway. Scrolling over one more tweet wouldnt matter.

I feel bad that UT has bent under this thankless pressure. I doubt that most of the folks who were moaning about their "inconvenience" will be purchasing anything in the future. As such, keeping their support probably won't mean anything significant for them anyhow. Looks like a one-sided relationship to me.

With regard to downgrading: I'm not sure it's possible anymore. I recently read a post that mentioned that their current version was expired. I never got any such message, so it's hard to say. I've never had that problem before. But if this is the case, I now better understand the merit behind the "forcing upgrade" argument, though I still disagree that they should have provided a free version w/o ads. That's developing at a loss, and that's unreasonable.

But what's interesting is that this paid version that's coming out: it will be a subscription, so you will definitely have to keep paying them to use this ad-free version in the future, after a certain amount of time has gone by. On their website, They mentioned the possibility of a yearly subscription for less than $5. That's more to consider.
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 08-13-09 at 08:04 AM.
    08-13-09 08:01 AM
    It sure did, but it doesn't seem the new version does.

If you leave your cursor on your most recent tweet when you close UT, and not on the ad at the top, it will take you back to that tweet when you go back in to UT, and then you scroll up to read new tweets.
    08-13-09 09:01 AM
    The phrase cheap ba$****$ comes to mind

sooo funny..rotflmao
    08-13-09 09:14 AM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD