Yeah, there's ads now. They've been saying that for a while now. When its out of beta, they'll offer a paid version with no ads. Which they've also been saying for a while.

If you don't like the ads, then pay for it when it comes out or switch to something else. Simple as that.

This seems a little quicker than the leaked version was and has less of a memory leak (so far) but we'll see about that. I'm happy with this release so far and am not going to sit and complain about something that's FREE. Come on, people.
    they've been in beta since the storm came out. I don't see a full release coming soon. JMHO.

Also, the ads suck. Tweetgenius might have to be my new go-to.
    08-12-09 10:10 AM
    they've been in beta since the storm came out. I don't see a full release coming soon. JMHO.

Also, the ads suck. Tweetgenius might have to be my new go-to.
    From UT: For all those wondering, yes, we will off a paid version that is ad-free. Expect another update within 2 weeks!
    08-12-09 10:12 AM
    It's not that bad guys come on !... I just DL'd it and it's fine
    +1

I expected to have them sprinkled throughout the timeline, but it's just at the top when you log in. I can live with that for a free app with so much functionality and custimization.
    08-12-09 10:13 AM
    From UT: For all those wondering, yes, we will off a paid version that is ad-free. Expect another update within 2 weeks!
    yes, i've commented about the fact they say full version in 2 weeks twice, make it three, times now and I just don't think they're good at meeting timelines they lay out.

I love the program, but i'm not going to hold my breath.
    08-12-09 10:16 AM
    And remember that TweetGenius released a crappy PAID product that they then pulled to work on some more and its not even out right now. I paid for that and now I can't even use it. What a joke!! I'll probably just pay for the ad-free UT when its released. I don't like the tabbed Twitter apps very much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 10:19 AM
    And remember that TweetGenius released a crappy PAID product that they then pulled to work on some more and its not even out right now. I paid for that and now I can't even use it. What a joke!! I'll probably just pay for the ad-free UT when its released. I don't like the tabbed Twitter apps very much.

ooo, didn't know tweetgenius is pay and crappy. nm. i'll deal with the ads for now. :/
    08-12-09 10:21 AM
    Did anyone else notice that on the leaked version, there was an option to save profile pics to the memory card and now there's no option for that?

Anyone know anything about that?

08-12-09 10:38 AM
    can someone pleaseee send me the old ubertwitter , i honsetly cant stand the new one, its takes forever to load . and that annoying ad on the top is just too much .
    08-12-09 10:58 AM
    Lot more control on location settings. Wish you could change your profile pic.

08-12-09 11:22 AM
    I can bear the ads. Its really not bad, especially if they keep it free. However if they were to ONLY offer the paid version in the future I will be disappointed. So let's hope that doesn't happen. UT is for me since social scope hasn't sent me an invite yet..... *pouts*

08-12-09 11:32 AM
    From my first experiences with the new version, the user interface seems very snappy compared to that of the last version, about the same as the leaked dev version. There are even some nice UI changes that weren't present in the dev version as well. Biggest thing though is the multiple account ability. Very easy to set up a different account and switch back and forth. Only thing I could have hoped for is to be able to tweet from any of my accounts no matter which one I was currently viewing. As it is, you have to switch to the account and wait for it to load in order to send a tweet from it. Other than that, very nice work! Definitely preferred over SS, even with the ad at the top.
    08-12-09 11:51 AM
    The page up shortcut (shift-space) is not working for me on the new version. Anyone else have this problem?
    08-12-09 11:55 AM
    The page up shortcut (shift-space) is not working for me on the new version. Anyone else have this problem?
    Does this as well on my 8310. Looks like it treats that just like pressing space and pages down. I don't use page up and page down much, but it is certainly worth fixing!
    08-12-09 12:00 PM
    I have the old .78 cod file you can download from this link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Except, it says it will expire soon - whatever that means.
    08-12-09 12:05 PM
    I also noticed this. It happened on the .903 dev version too. I liked that option on .78

08-12-09 12:08 PM
    They should definitely fix this since I use page up/down all the time. Don't like using the track ball so much.
    08-12-09 12:09 PM
    I'm also noticing a memory leak. Installed about 3 hours ago and I've dropped 5mb since then. I'm keeping an eye on this. I didn't have any problems with .78 leaking memory.

Anybody else having this issue?

08-12-09 12:12 PM
    I love how everyone wants a good app, but no one wants to pay for it or to see ads to help the developer out.

The phrase cheap ba$****$ comes to mind
    08-12-09 12:28 PM
    I love how everyone wants a good app, but no one wants to pay for it or to see ads to help the developer out.

The phrase cheap ba$****$ comes to mind
    Agreed. I personally have no problem with the ad. It could have been a lot worse. They could have decided to put an ad every 3 or 4 tweets and completely cluttered our timelines. I think the 1 ad at the top is a good compromise for an awesome app.
    08-12-09 12:40 PM
    OK this really ticks me off. I go to update and they slap this ad on the top and then I hear they will make you pay for ad free.The ad IS obnoxious and distracting. I feel tricked, I love ubertwitter but I will not go along with this slimy tactic.

And before I get flamed for not wanting to pay, I'm unemployed, money is very tight I've had to cancel cable and wifi and I can't afford extra frivolities.

08-12-09 12:57 PM
    OK this really ticks me off. I go to update and they slap this ad on the top and then I hear they will make you pay for ad free.The ad IS obnoxious and distracting. I feel tricked, I love ubertwitter but I will not go along with this slimy tactic.

And before I get flamed for not wanting to pay, I'm unemployed, money is very tight I've had to cancel cable and wifi and I can't afford extra frivolities.

I'm not sure I understand how you feel "tricked". We have known for some time now that they were going to introduce ads. Since they wanted to continue to provide UT free for users, I think it is only fair to allow them to place 1 ad at the top of the timeline. They could have resorted to not having a free version and requiring everyone to pay for an upgrade, and in your case, may have left you without UT altogether. I just feel that if you are getting it for free, the least you can do is accept the fact that they want to make money too. If you are really appalled by the ad, you can always downgrade to a version without it.
    08-12-09 01:11 PM
    People complaining about the ads are just doin it to complain about something.

All you see is ONE ad which shows up as a tweet. Whoopdy friggin doo. It is NOT distracting at all, and doesn't sit at the top of your screen all the time. It scrolls off just like any other tweet.

08-12-09 01:19 PM
    OK.. "WWEEE" have not known for some time because "III" did not know. I feel tricked because that little part of the update was not mentioned when they suggested to upgrade.
    Second, I don't see how I can downgrade, the link another poster gave did not work for me and the UT site only lists the newest version.
    08-12-09 01:23 PM

But you have a blackberry with internet access......yeah you got priorities.....
    08-12-09 01:24 PM
    OK.. "WWEEE" have not known for some time because "III" did not know. I feel tricked because that little part of the update was not mentioned when they suggested to upgrade.
    Second, I don't see how I can downgrade, the link another poster gave did not work for me and the UT site only lists the newest version.
    Directly from ubertwitter.com from the Beta-4 post:
    Integrated advertisements - Please note, the ads are there to support the freely distributable version of �berTwitter.
    Also from the front page of Crackberry not too long ago:
    �berTwitter will now be coming in two different flavours, a paid version and an ad supported version.
    All i'm saying is that if you had done a little reading about the update anywhere before hand, you would have known. Jumping in head first and updating without reading about the new features and then complaining about them seems a little contradictory in my opinion.
    08-12-09 01:36 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD