Anyone else excited for the new beta of UT?

* Multiple Accounts - You can now configure multiple accounts, each with their own set of on-device preferences.
    * You can now BLOCK people!
    * Video Integration - We have partnered with TwitVid.com to offer you an outstanding video integration.
    * Goto user - You can now enter twitter users name and go directly to their timeline
    * URL Shortening - we've integrated with bit.ly so you can easily send those long URLs now and not bump up against the 140 limit
    * MUCH faster photo uploads, significantly improving the user experience.
    * Use of the internal GPS is now solidly supported with proper fallback to cell tower based location when GPS isn't available.
    * Icon Caching If you have and SD card, we will cache avatar icons on the card, increasing the speed of timeline displays and reducing network traffic.
    * You can now select pictures and videos that have already been take and are on your device. The interface shows the most recent at the top and offers a preview so you can verify it is the picture/video you expected!
    * When composing a tweet you can now insert symbols from a large selection of commonly available characters such as smiley's, hearts, etc.
    * Integrated advertisements - Please note, the ads are there to support the freely distributable version of �berTwitter. Users that purchase �berTwitter will not have advertisement in their version.
    * We've streamlined the friends and followers lists
    * You can now see both the number of friends, followers, and tweets sent when viewing the details of a tweet.
    * Replying to a DM from the timeline will now correctly send a DM and not a regular tweet
    * Fixed the bug in reply all where it would truncate some twitter user names
    * Added reply all to the menu when viewing a tweet

Should be out tomorrow
    08-07-09 11:02 AM
    what about the memory leak though? that's the biggest issue
    08-07-09 11:09 AM
    I havent had a memory leak with it. Is this a big problem?
    08-07-09 11:10 AM
    Actually that sounds pretty cool - if they could get Twitter working right for 'berry's again.......
    08-07-09 11:11 AM
    I think its a sign that the new social scope and tweeteev's are coming out soon.
    08-07-09 11:13 AM
    Actually that sounds pretty cool - if they could get Twitter working right for 'berry's again.......
    Totally! I never realized how addicted to Twitter I was until it was/is out on my BB. I got TinyTwitter to work but I don't like the app at all. Ubertwitter rocks!
    08-07-09 11:30 AM
    I'd be extatic if all they did was put an icon in the notification banner.
    08-07-09 11:35 AM
    I think its a sign that the new social scope and tweeteev's are coming out soon.
    The hype is a bit hot now but then still no sign of tweetev?
    08-07-09 11:42 AM
    Im saying with the release of the UT Beta, Socialscope and Tweeteev will have to release sooner than later.
    08-07-09 12:11 PM
    Yesssss!!! Multiple accounts woo. I'm excited for sure as long as it will actually work after the whole twitter frenzy yesterday....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:13 PM
    UT or Twitterberry? I've been using Twitterberry but this looks like it has more features. If only the service was up and running so I could try it out...
    08-07-09 01:15 PM
    Sounds great! Will it b working tomorrow? &hope it has less freezing issues than current version. Have to reset my phone every other day with current version.

08-07-09 01:24 PM
    ooo! i'll have to try the new beta out. i like UT the most out of all the twitter clients. these updates sound great!
    08-07-09 01:41 PM
    Im saying with the release of the UT Beta, Socialscope and Tweeteev will have to release sooner than later.
    Not really. A lot of these "new" features already exist in SocialScope. Personally I'm not interested in multiple accounts (although I know a lot are) or letting people know what street corner I'm tweeting from, so I don't think I'll be trying beta 4.

When they decide to re-do the UI I'll give it a try then.
    08-07-09 02:04 PM
    I'd be extatic if all they did was put an icon in the notification banner.
    Yessssssssssssss!!! I want this tiny feature so bad!! lol
    08-07-09 02:24 PM
    I moved to TweetCaster after the battery drain from UB. If the drain is fixed, I might go back.
    08-07-09 02:36 PM
    Not happy about the ads though.

Is UT working for anyone? Mine is still down.
    08-07-09 02:52 PM
    I had to delete UberTwitter because it wasnt working right yesterday. So I downloaded TwitterBerry and that one wasnt right either. I was told its a Twitter problem working on any BlackBerry Program. Anyone know if its fixed now? I Need UberTwitter again lol
    08-07-09 03:04 PM
    what we can expect from Beta 4....

Beta-4 Is Being Prepared for Released!
    Fri, 08/07/2009 - 06:46 � CodeWarden This release deepens support for Twitter features and takes further advantage of the capablities available in your BlackBerry device.

Below is the list of features and bug fixes that made it into this release. We didn't get ALL of the capabilities we wanted into this release, see the bottom of the page for items we are still working on.

Multiple Accounts - You can now configure multiple accounts, each with their own set of on-device preferences.
    You can now BLOCK people!
    Video Integration - We have partnered with TwitVid.com to offer you an outstanding video integration.
    Goto user - You can now enter twitter users name and go directly to their timeline
    URL Shortening - we've integrated with bit.ly so you can easily send those long URLs now and not bump up against the 140 limit
    MUCH faster photo uploads, significantly improving the user experience.
    Use of the internal GPS is now solidly supported with proper fallback to cell tower based location when GPS isn't available.
    Icon Caching If you have and SD card, we will cache avatar icons on the card, increasing the speed of timeline displays and reducing network traffic.
    You can now select pictures and videos that have already been take and are on your device. The interface shows the most recent at the top and offers a preview so you can verify it is the picture/video you expected!
    When composing a tweet you can now insert symbols from a large selection of commonly available characters such as smiley's, hearts, etc.
    Integrated advertisements - Please note, the ads are there to support the freely distributable version of �berTwitter. Users that purchase �berTwitter will not have advertisement in their version.
    We've streamlined the friends and followers lists
    You can now see both the number of friends, followers, and tweets sent when viewing the details of a tweet.
    Replying to a DM from the timeline will now correctly send a DM and not a regular tweet
    Fixed the bug in reply all where it would truncate some twitter user names
    Added reply all to the menu when viewing a tweet
    The list below includes features and capabilities which just didn't make it into this release (not enough time in the day!). We will be working on these for the next release though.

Integration into the BlackBerry browser such that URLs can be included directly in a tweet from the browser menu.
    Saved searches - integrate the new Twitter saved search API. Searches saved via the Twitter web site will be useable on �berTwitter and vice versa
    Twitter name menu - Type '@' and a list of your friends automatically pops up allowing selection
    08-07-09 03:14 PM
    Its not a BlackBerry specific problem from what my understanding is, Twitter was fighting off a DoS attack all day yesterday.

08-07-09 03:15 PM
    what's the price?
    08-07-09 04:35 PM
    Looking forward to this for sure. �bertwitter managed to really impress with Beta 3 so 4 can only be better. I'm a bit dissapointed that its not working properly post DDOS fiasco but tweetgenius is working well. I think I might stick with TG until Beta 4 come out.

08-07-09 04:39 PM
    i got the beta, unfortunately I cant use it because its down

*edit its working now.
    Last edited by AresGodOfWar023; 08-07-09 at 06:42 PM.
    08-07-09 06:39 PM
    do you have an OTA link? Would love to try it
    08-07-09 07:09 PM
    OTA link for beta4?! please share!
    08-07-09 07:10 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD