Recently joined the ranks on Twitter and I'm noticing that my battery isn't lasting as long as it used to, maybe only a day!
    I've adjusted the settings so my location uses the least power and update intervals are set at 15 minutes.

Anyone have any clues?

Cheers in advance,

Paul.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 11:47 AM
    I only manually refersh and of course anytime you add any app that pulls data, your battery life will drop some.
    01-20-10 11:51 AM
    I would try upping the refresh rate and see if you get better battery life its strange to go from 2 days to 1 day though
    01-20-10 12:29 PM
    I close the app every time I use it or otherwise it will refresh whenever someone you're following sends a new tweet. I don't need a new notification on it and def not wasting battery on it.

01-20-10 12:35 PM
    I close the app every time I use it or otherwise it will refresh whenever someone you're following sends a new tweet. I don't need a new notification on it and def not wasting battery on it.

That would be push notification which ubertwitter does not support. No way UT refreshes on every new tweet.
    01-20-10 01:03 PM
    Cheers for the help fellas. I'll up the refresh rate and see if it matters, if not it's a manual refresh I'll do.
    01-20-10 05:41 PM
    Interesting. I'm running UT on 15 minute refresh all the time along with several other apps ang go through 20% battery a day with light usage.

01-20-10 05:51 PM
    Upping the refresh rate to every 20 or 30 minutes will improve your battery life BUT you will miss out on the flow of conversations.
    01-20-10 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD