Just launched my UT app today and noticed that the ads were back on. Here is what I found on the site:

Unlimited Upgrade Subscription and Ads

We have turned the advertisements back on to support the free version of �berTwitter and we are offering a subscription to �berTwitter with unlimited upgrades for a full year with no advertisements on any of those versions forever for $4.99 USD. Since we are still in the latter stages of our Beta program, the year long subscription period will not start until we push out our first full-release version, likely in early September. You can purchase the subscription here.
    We have also put up a new version (ver 0.912) which includes a number of bug fixes as well as a mechanism to check for updates.
    -@CodeWarden
    �berTwitter is a company devoted to delivering highly functional Twitter clients for mobile devices. Our first product is �berTwitter for the BlackBerry line of mobile phones. We are very excited about the opportunity to provide BlackBerry users with a full featured Twitter client which will include:

* Integrated ability to upload pictures to a site dedicated to serving �berTwitter users
    * Ability to optionally update your Google Talk status with your last tweet, making your tweets reach a wider audience then just people following you on Twitter
    * Automatically update your location based on the cell tower information provided by your phone, no GPS hardware required, click here for an example
    * Send videos embedded in your tweet
    * See everyone who is tweeting near you
    08-20-09 08:54 AM
    I didn't see the ads at the time but went on Ubertwitter earlier this afternoon and saw them.

From what I read, I thought that the ads were intrusive, whats all the fuss about? no more intrusive than the ads on Viigo!
    08-20-09 09:17 AM
    Looks like I'm leaving UberTwitter.... I know, I know, some how they have to make money... not from me... and Facebook does not need to do this.
    08-20-09 09:18 AM
    I didn't see the ads at the time but went on Ubertwitter earlier this afternoon and saw them.

From what I read, I thought that the ads were intrusive, whats all the fuss about? no more intrusive than the ads on Viigo!
    I totally agree. The ads don't do anything to interfere with the usefulness of UT so I don't see what the big deal is.
    08-20-09 09:35 AM
    i think the app doesn't bother me, great n usefull app ubertwitter ...
    08-20-09 12:01 PM
    The ads are tiny and do not bother the usefulness of the app at all. I will gladly pay the $4.99 when the pay app is available to support them.
    08-20-09 12:46 PM
    I see them too but I don't mind them. There is a paid non commercial version, but I don't mind them. Seriously people get over it ugh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 02:20 PM
    I don't mind the ads either. they're not too bothersome...

08-20-09 04:41 PM
    Of course Facebook doesn't. Perhaps because they make countless amounts of money from advertising on the full site, eh? I know, I know... $0.0137 (1.3671 cents) per day is a lot to ask for such a great product. What were they thinking over there? That's outrageous; especially for an application that listens to it's userbase!

I had a lot to say about UberTwitter pushing the ads and not making an ad-free version available as they had said they would. However, now that both are available; perfectly acceptable. A lot of people want everything for nothing... "I use this product every day because it's good at what it does and I like it, but I'll be damned if I'll pay a mere $5/year for it."
    Last edited by stew721; 08-20-09 at 05:25 PM.
    08-20-09 05:21 PM

Agreed. From the way people were going on and on about the ads, I thought it was going to be unbearable, but I barely noticed them.
    08-20-09 06:04 PM
    A bunch of hand-out wanters. If u don't like the app, why use it & then complain. Isn't it easier to just stop using it??

08-20-09 06:33 PM
    I don't mind the ads at all. But I did notice that today my ubertwitter started at the top each time and not where I left off reading the last time I looked at it. This is driving me nuts. Is this how it will be from now on? One reason I use uber is so that I don't have to scroll down to get to where I left off and then scroll back up, like on the twitter web site.

Just curious... is your uber doing this too? Is there any twitter app that remembers where you left off?

Thanks!
    08-20-09 08:13 PM
    I'll have to check this, I like that feature too.

08-20-09 08:26 PM
    they don't tell you until after they have your money it will take up to 48 hours for the ads to disappear. that's going to annoy me.

mine isn't picking up where I left off either. goes right to most recent.
    08-20-09 08:51 PM
    Well mine is still working as before (except for the ads which I really don't mind).

So as long as I don't Close/Exit out of the application, it picks up where it left off.

Also as before when I "hover" over the icon it displays the number of new or unread tweets.

I hope it continues this way!!

08-20-09 09:02 PM
    I was kinda worried about the ads when I upgraded, but when they turned on I realized that it's not a big deal. It only shows up at the very top and doesnt take much space.

I dont know what the big deal was...
    08-20-09 09:31 PM
    Ads not a problem, but like others my timeline is starting at the newest tweet instead of where I left off. That is annoying. I will gladly pay for as much as I use UT, it would be worth it to me. But not if this is how it will be on the paid version- that would tick me off.

Look forward to hearing from users of the paid version to see if this is fixed there.

08-21-09 08:04 AM
    Dang it, I'm also seeing the timeline start with the most recent rather where it left off. I'm still however seeing the number of tweets unread.

The ads don't bother me one bit, maybe its cause where I live there are lots of billboards and i've grown immune to them! lol

EDIT: That's strange, now it's started to pick up where it left off again!
    Last edited by cbwannabe; 08-21-09 at 10:41 AM.
    08-21-09 09:51 AM
    The ads aren't that bothersome, just tweet and close/exit out of app. I spend maybe 3 mins at most of the application
    08-21-09 01:07 PM
    I went back to ubertwitter's download page and saw that I hadn't upgraded to the newest one (9.12 or something, I think I had 9.9). Anyway, I downloaded the latest free one and it is now picking up where I left off. Phew!!

One weird thing that began happening today... A friend tweeted me about the Tarantino movie. I am now getting @replies from spam accounts copying her tweet exactly. She's not getting any weird tweets. I tried Googling to find out if this was happening to anyone else, but I'm not getting any hits.

I know it's not Crackberry-related specifically, but is this happening to anyone here? It's really annoying.
    08-21-09 10:11 PM
    If you leave the ad as the last highlighted area when closing UT, then it will restart at the top.

But, if you leave the highlight on the last tweet (not the top ad), then when you go back into UT it will leave off at the last tweet you read.
    08-24-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD