I apologize if this is a repeat post, but has anyone else run into the problem with ubertwitter where anytime you reset the phone, you have to go in and set the alerts again? Has anyone got a solution for this? If you can share it that would be great.
    12-12-09 09:00 AM
    Your not the only one. The app is beta and that is annoying bug they need to fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:21 AM
    Use Seesmic. Its a great twitter app. Its almost identical to Uber, without the ads.

12-12-09 10:13 AM
    I think this is an issue with the Blackberry OS, not UberTwitter. The same thing happens to me with Tweet Genius and Berry Weather alerts.
    12-12-09 10:21 AM
    UberTwitter works fine for me regarding keeping the same alerts after a reset. However, Facebook alerts do reset.

12-12-09 10:47 AM
    I do not use ubertwitter anymore because I have had that problem in the past I love The tweetgenius except in order to keep the alerts and updates going,you have to keep running the background so there is no reset. Another app that is good for twitter is Twixtreme. Twitterberry has a new one in beta it is "Rogue". Runs great havent had a problem with that app ever seems Twitterberry may be old but never fails.
    12-12-09 10:50 AM
    I have a 9700 with the same problem. I used ubertwitter on my curve and didn't have that problem. Does seesmic allow you to set sound alerts for new tweets?
    12-12-09 10:50 AM
    Seems like its the OS bug then because beejive alert settings default back to silent
    too.

12-12-09 11:19 AM
    I had ubertwitter but the damn thing drained my battery like mad.
    12-12-09 11:44 AM
    seesmic is a bare bone/ simplified twitter app compared to uber twitter, but if you dont need all the extra options, then seesmic, twixtreme, twitter berry will do just fine...
    12-12-09 11:48 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!!!
    12-13-09 08:41 AM
    I think this is an issue with the Blackberry OS, not UberTwitter. The same thing happens to me with Tweet Genius and Berry Weather alerts.
    @Matts3345.

njlx016 is correct. This is an OS issue, at least for me for 5.0.0.330 and 5.0.0.415. There is a "bug" (I say this because many do not know, or report about the fix of the issue) in the 5.0 os which native profile settings are not retained after a restart or battery pull.

The workaround is that you need to set up a custom profile, and after each individual setting you must hit menu-> save INSTEAD OF escape-> save for each entry. Do the same at the end when you are completed. When you use the new custom profile, your setting should be retained for good, even after a restart or battery pull. I use this well with BerryBuzz, UberTwitter, SocialScope, and other 3rd party apps.

The settings just appear to not be retained in the native profiles.

I provided this info to Moe at BBRocks, and he posted it in a how to.

Having Problems Saving Your BlackBerry Profiles? Here�s a Workaround Using Custom Profiles [Guide] | Guides & How To | BlackBerry Rocks!

I hope this helps you out. Let me know.
    12-13-09 09:41 AM
    ubertwitter, seesmic, twixtreme, twitter berry, ...

I have several Twitter accounts. Do any of these let you save your logins to Twitter for multiple accounts to ease changing from one to the other before posting tweets?

CV
    12-13-09 11:06 AM
    Thanks MADBRADNYC for the info and link.

I have this issue with socialscope and berryweather.

I also had the issue with SMS, MMS, and facebook but finally got those to stick.

Hoping for an OS update that does not have this bug soon.
    12-17-09 12:48 PM
    use the medium profile this isnt a uber twitter problem this is a profile sound problem if you use the medium profile it wont reset
    12-17-09 12:50 PM
    Thanks MADBRADNYC for the info and link.

I have this issue with socialscope and berryweather.

I also had the issue with SMS, MMS, and facebook but finally got those to stick.

Hoping for an OS update that does not have this bug soon.
    NP. Surprised that you had the issue with the native apps along with 3rd party apps. I do still have a persistent problem with the new Socialscope alerts not "sticking" within the app itself (not profiles), but this works for me with all settings under the "other" category under profiles.

I am wishing for a newer (better) os myself, but I am very happy with .415 right now so I don't see a real need to go to .421. Maybe when .423 comes out? IDK.
    12-17-09 11:22 PM
    This bug really annoys me. I have to go in daily and check many of my ring tones. Lotus Sametime (which I ue for work) seems to have this issue and I can miss instant messages.

I also have problems with ubertwitter, facebook (not for a while), Podtrapper (not for a while).

12-19-09 07:02 AM
    ubertwitter and facebook works just fine with me, nothing resets after reboots at all

using v5.0.0.0.330 here
    12-30-09 05:38 PM
    I had ubertwitter but the damn thing drained my battery like mad.
    Just need to adjust the update times..
    12-30-09 06:39 PM
    yeah drains the battrey like crazy if you don't make it like every 30 mins or so

it used to kill my batt. for less than 24hrs i needed to charge it twice a day, after making it every 30 mins its almost 2.5days (that was on old bold 9000) imagine with 9700? surely more
    12-30-09 07:26 PM
    No problem by using UT on latest OS 5.0.423 on Rogers network. Doesn't experience the issue for resetting. It works great. Only problem for Seesmic and Twitterberry is about the notification.

Totally agree with the UT drains the battery like crazy, and have to set the interval for 30 minutes otherwise i have to recharge my bb like every other day.
    12-30-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD