Why does Uber eat my battery when I have the update box checked "never" when I get on I just refresh to get updates. Never had any battery problems untill today. Just downloaded Uber last night.
    05-15-09 06:12 PM
    I had the same problem. It seemed to really suck down my battery. I uninstalled it and went back to Twitterberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:28 PM
    All you have to do is select "exit" when you close it. I think that one issue is well worth using that fantastic app :P
    05-15-09 06:32 PM
    All you have to do is select "exit" when you close it. I think that one issue is well worth using that fantastic app :P
    thats not the only issue....the fact that it doesnt use BIS is a MAJOR issue for me
    i have no interest in messing with APN settings just so some app will work when twitterberry installs and works with no issues
    bottom line is the app is for reading and posting tweets...thats all i need it to do
    05-15-09 06:36 PM
    It does use bis now..
    05-15-09 06:41 PM
    Yeah the new one uses BIS, which is why UT > all.
    05-15-09 06:53 PM
    Totally agree... I had used close a few times, but noticed when I used the app switcher Uber was still running... then I started using Exit, just above close and it would stop running.
    05-15-09 06:56 PM
    Thanks I will use the exit tab and see if that works.
    05-16-09 04:15 AM
    Which version is everyone on now, I only updated it very recently and I'm now getting a pop up when I open it telling me there's less than a week to go before I need to upgrade....?
    05-16-09 11:00 AM
    Current version of UT is .55. This version was just released on Friday. Many bug fixes + addition if BIS support.

If you'd been following UT's tweets, you'd already know all this.

05-16-09 11:11 AM
    And then when you re-open, it automatically refreshes, which is a problem and something that I don't want.
    05-16-09 11:22 AM
    Current version of UT is .55. This version was just released on Friday. Many bug fixes + addition if BIS support.

If you'd been following UT's tweets, you'd already know all this.

I don't follow UT Tweets because I already follow too many Twitterers, I need to shave some off. I can't keep up.
    05-16-09 11:33 AM
    I don't follow UT Tweets because I already follow too many Twitterers, I need to shave some off. I can't keep up.
    I can totally understand that. But I do try and follow those developers whose products I use; you can get notice of updates faster that way than by waiting for word via the forums and other means.

05-16-09 12:33 PM
    It lasted less the 24 hour on my BB. Call me old fashion but I just can't seem to get into this Twitter thing.

Mike
    05-16-09 12:57 PM
    Twitter is what you make of it.

Yes it is primarily another social mediuman but I find it to be a great source of information. I follow developers of products I use; it's a quick way to submit bug reports & suggestions or a way to find out about upcoming releases.

I also find it a good alternative to RSS feeds.

I personally don't care to hear about what you ate, where you ate it and the subsequent aftermath of that meal, so I'll try and follow people who actually have something interesting top say.

05-16-09 02:02 PM
    i'm just going to hijack this post since my question is UT related.
    is there a way to delete tweets with UT?
    05-16-09 11:02 PM
    i'm just going to hijack this post since my question is UT related.
    is there a way to delete tweets with UT?
    None that I'm aware of.

05-17-09 07:20 AM
    use Exit... or dont allow the app to refresh tweets. that simple.
    05-18-09 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD