It seems like ever since I downloaded the free beta version of Ubertwitter 0.945, my battery has been going down really quickly. It's like a vampire sucking my battery dry. Anyone else having this issue? My 9700 used to last 2-3 days with some use, but since downloading this newer version of Ubertwitter, it has gone down to about a day.
    01-07-10 02:46 PM
    im not having this issue with it however I use social scope more then I use uber twitter
    01-07-10 03:10 PM
    What do you have the update time-frame set @... i have UberTwitter set @ an hour and VodaFone Update set for an hour.... and my battery life seems to be okay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 03:11 PM
    My battery seems to be running low quicker too, but I'm not sure if it's because of this new version of UberTwitter, or because I've just been tweeting more, lol
    Guess I'll have to try and leave it running for a day without much tweeting to see what it does...
    01-07-10 03:32 PM
    @mjneid Mine is set to 10 minutes, but it was set to 10 minutes with the older version of Ubertwitter and the battery was fine.

@VeniceBB I tweet about the same amount as I did with the older version of Ubertwitter.
    01-07-10 08:45 PM
    I set mine to auto update every hour and it seems to have very little effect on my battery life. I have on average about 0.9-2.5% discharge rate per hr. That seems pretty good to me!
    01-07-10 09:05 PM
    What do you have the update time-frame set @... i have UberTwitter set @ an hour and VodaFone Update set for an hour.... and my battery life seems to be okay

why are you using ubertwitter if you have vodafone update? I am just trying to get some info on it since I cannot get a socialscope invite....after waiting two/three months.....
    01-07-10 11:11 PM
    The battery drain is affected by undate frequency setting.
    But I've had mine set to 10 min even when I had the older version of Ubertwitter and the battery life was good.
    01-08-10 12:53 AM
    Vodafone update is a nice application which I use as sole app for facebook and twitter updates.
    And it works on every network not only for vodafoners...

http://www.vodafone-update.de

why are you using ubertwitter if you have vodafone update? I am just trying to get some info on it since I cannot get a socialscope invite....after waiting two/three months.....
    01-08-10 06:58 AM
    I logged into my VodaFone Update with my Twitter, and my Facebook. so that why i can use my VodaFone to update my Twitter, and my Facebook.

but i have VodaFone setup to only check for Facebook Updates, and i use UberTwitter for my twitter updates... I REALLY hate the facebook Application, to the point that i don't have it on my phone. Plus i like how Vodafone will check, at set times, for facebook updates (just like UT does) and i don't have to wait for it to load everything everytime... My phone buzzes, i open VFUD it shows me all of the updates. i can comment accordingly.... and move on... instead of start up.... wait.... load all the messages... wait.... scan for what i want.... VFUD is just lock and load...

that and i have several Twitter Apps on my phone... i have Vodafone, UberTwitter, Seesmic, and TweetBerry.... i just like playing with apps.

01-08-10 07:17 AM
    This version does seem to pull more info, making it slow and a battery drain

01-10-10 10:29 PM
    Battery Drain is an issue when you set the update interval to less than 30 minutes, otherwise it will drains like crazy...usually last less than a day but now can last at least 1.5 days.
    01-10-10 11:10 PM
    mine updates every 5min, and doesn't seem to drain the batt too much. I usually only have to recharge about every 36 hrs.
    01-10-10 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD