I remember reading a month or two ago that the new BIS 3.0 update would finally bring us two-way Gmail syncing. Googling the issue tells me that BIS 3.0 has been released, but there's still no two-way syncing. Will we ever get it on our Blackberries?
    04-14-10 03:25 PM
    BIS 3.1 will get it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 03:27 PM
    BIS 3.0 Arrives In EMEA Missing GMail Sync Feature? | CrackBerry.com

* UPDATE- After speaking with several folks, it looks as though the GMail 2 way sync portion is to be a gradual rollout. So no immed. access is available, it should arrive in the near future to users. Taking this approach ensures that all will work fine rather than releasing something then finding out it may cause an issue*

Also:

BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0

Product Overview

The BlackBerry� Internet Service is designed to provide individuals access to email messaging, instant messaging, Internet browsing, and more. BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers can receive automatic delivery of email messages for up to ten email accounts on their BlackBerry smartphones.
    BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0 is the latest version of the BlackBerry Internet Service offered by RIM.

Features

• Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations
      • Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations

Note:
        this feature will be added throughout the Spring 2010 by region

04-14-10 03:27 PM
    I am getting two-way delete sync but no read/unread flag sync.

The catch is that "delete" means "delete," so that unlike most desktop and mobile clients, rather than merely archiving the message, you must delete it. A deletion of a message on the handheld results in the message on the server being put in the trash folder and removing it from "All Mail." It is still retrievable until the trash folder is emptied. The standard gmail practice of "archiving" an email on the desktop does nothing to the message on the handheld because it is still there in "All Mail." Since the standard behavior of Outlook or Thunderbird when you "delete" a message from the Inbox is to "archive" it on the server, deleting a message from the inbox on Outlook or Thunderbird will not remove it from the handheld, no matter how long you wait for it.

"Deleting" the message on the web interface removes it from "All Mail," as does moving the message to the trash folder under Outlook or Thunderbird. This type of deletion eventually gets synced over to the handheld, though often with a significant delay.

That is my experience with it. I hope that when the new capabilities are implemented it will speed up the reconciliation of deleted items and show sync read/unread from the desktop to the device. This is the trickiest part of all because gmail doesn't handle those flags in anything resembling an industry-standard fashion.
    04-14-10 04:32 PM
    Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations

* Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations
    This is weird, cuz when I read an e-mail on my BlackBerry, it already gets marked as read on my GMail inbox. Does this mean they may have rolled it out in my region already?

What about deleting e-mails? I would love if it I deleted an e-mail on my BlackBerry and it got deleted in my inbox too. And archiving my e-mails into different folders from my phone would be nice as well (although I can achieve this with the GMail app if I want).
    04-14-10 04:33 PM
    This is weird, cuz when I read an e-mail on my BlackBerry, it already gets marked as read on my GMail inbox. Does this mean they may have rolled it out in my region already?

What about deleting e-mails? I would love if it I deleted an e-mail on my BlackBerry and it got deleted in my inbox too. And archiving my e-mails into different folders from my phone would be nice as well (although I can achieve this with the GMail app if I want).
    This means that the opposite would now be true. If you mark something as read in your gmail inbox it would then be marked as read on your BB.
    04-14-10 07:59 PM
    Ooh gotcha!
    04-14-10 08:07 PM
    Is there a way to prevent this to happen?

When I archive a conversation in my Gmail web, it (eventually) disappears from my BB inbox. I don't want this to happen, as I like to have all my emails on my BB inbox (easy to search and find things, like an archive), yet at same time I like to keep my Gmail web inbox tidy...

See my dilemma?
    04-22-10 11:17 AM
    setup-->email setup-->sync opitions-->uncheck deleted items

i hope lol
    04-22-10 11:40 AM
    Actually mine was already unchecked... So I checked it. And now testing.
    04-22-10 01:15 PM
    Anyone on Sprint have the 2-way sync yet?
    04-23-10 10:34 AM
    Hmm. I haven't gotten anything yet (Sprint).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD