I just got an 8900 that I'm loving after using a Bold. Anyway, I'm using SocialScope right now for Twitter (not Facebook) and I like the UI but I'm wondering, and assuming, that's it uses more battery throughout the day than TwitterBerry.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? If battery is better on TwitterBerry, I think I might just go back to using that instead. Thanks!
    02-24-09 03:44 PM
    Not sure about your question but I do know that on SocialScope you can adjust the battery life usage based upon how often you set the updates to occur. The "auto" selection is supposed to optimize the balance between how often it checks for updates vs. how much battery life it uses, but you can always scale it back if you want to conserve battery life and set it to check less often.
    02-25-09 12:38 AM
    Not sure about your question but I do know that on SocialScope you can adjust the battery life usage based upon how often you set the updates to occur. The "auto" selection is supposed to optimize the balance between how often it checks for updates vs. how much battery life it uses, but you can always scale it back if you want to conserve battery life and set it to check less often.
    I think I remember reading about that somewhere. I did notice though that when I turned auto updates off or even down to just an hour my battery lasted a lot longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:41 AM
    Where did you download Social Scope? I've tried downloading it but the email just says when there is a slot open they'll send me a copy. Is there an OTA download anywhere?

02-25-09 10:04 AM
    basically anything running in the background eats up battery (or so i've noticed with my apps). definitely decreasing how often it updates should help
    02-25-09 12:59 PM
    Where did you download Social Scope? I've tried downloading it but the email just says when there is a slot open they'll send me a copy. Is there an OTA download anywhere?

Its in beta still so they are slowly adding users. I believe they are trying to make sure that they don't add too many users too fast to crash their current capacity but you'd have to check with them.
    02-25-09 03:01 PM
    You have to sign up for social scope and they'll send you the OTA

02-25-09 03:18 PM
    Oh ok so that is the only way to get it. I was just wondering because I've waited for almost a month now.

02-25-09 03:42 PM
    Yep, like others have said, it's in closed beta and I've been on it for awhile.

SocialScope actually twittered me when I posted I might switch to TwitterBerry and suggested changing the updating intervals.

So, I'm on SocialScope again (which I liked better) with 1 hr. updates and battery life is good.

I also installed BBWeather which might have been causing some battery drain as well. Lengthened the updates on that one and all is well..yay!
    02-25-09 03:47 PM
    Oh ok so that is the only way to get it. I was just wondering because I've waited for almost a month now.

Takes 3-4 months at the least.
    07-26-09 05:28 PM
    I have my socialscope running on auto right now - battery life is decent
    07-26-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD