07-27-09 09:35 PM
49 12
tools
    I will live without a Twitter app on my berry...but I appreciate all of your help. I did some searching and no luck on answers, I did find questions however. Is it bad for my phone if I kept uninstalling and installing apps?
    Thanks so much SD!
    07-27-09 08:38 PM
    in options see if WiFi is unchecked, thats what i been told was the problem unchecked mine works great.
    07-27-09 08:40 PM
    Just keep your web cache and cookies clear, clear them every week if you do a lot of browsing. Also, hold down the ALT button and at the same time type LGLG, when the event log appears >Hit Menu >Clear Log. This is an diagnostic tool that logs everything you do on your device and it takes up memory after awhile...
    07-27-09 08:42 PM
    in options see if WiFi is unchecked, thats what i been told was the problem unchecked mine works great.
    The OP has a 8330, only xx20 devices have Wi-Fi
    07-27-09 08:43 PM
    To SD... is it bad if I installed and uninstalled apps a lot? I uninstalled the Twitter apps, but I want to know that they are gone for good...
    Last edited by BerrySky; 07-27-09 at 08:48 PM.
    07-27-09 08:44 PM
    I use Ubertwitter and love it, let me see if i can find the link.
    Only thing about uber the sounds DONT work, say like when you have a new message or anything else, when you have it running in the background, well i never got mine to work in the settings i even mail tech support they said thats one of the bugs, so now im looking for a new one
    07-27-09 08:48 PM
    To SD... is it bad if I installed and uninstalled apps a lot? I uninstalled the Twitter apps, but I want to know that they are gone for good...
    Like I said earlier, if it's not listed under Options >Advanced Options >Applications. It's not on there. When you scroll through that list, that's what is installed on your device, whether from the factory or a 3rd party application you installed...
    07-27-09 08:50 PM
    Okay, so I am good...I guess there are no Twitter apps that are not Beta, right? SD you are really great Thanks!
    07-27-09 08:54 PM
    The OP has a 8330, only xx20 devices have Wi-Fi
    I know but dont that app come with wifi as an option in there? if its check marked he will keep getting that error trust me its what i had to do, uncheck it then he should be fine
    07-27-09 08:57 PM
    Right, you're all good. Glad I could help, this is why I do what I do here, I learn and help at the same time, take care and see you around...
    07-27-09 08:59 PM
    I know but dont that app come with wifi as an option in there? if its check marked he will keep getting that error trust me its what i had to do, uncheck it then he should be fine
    If you say that's what you did, it's up to the OP to give it a shot, I'm not doubting you...
    07-27-09 09:00 PM
    If you say that's what you did, it's up to the OP to give it a shot, I'm not doubting you...
    yup all i had to after uninstalling installing all day long till i email support then emailed them back and asked why dont sounds work for new messages or tweets, then he says thats one of the bugs you figure they post that as a bug lol
    07-27-09 09:04 PM
    yup all i had to after uninstalling installing all day long till i email support then emailed them back and asked why dont sounds work for new messages or tweets, then he says thats one of the bugs you figure they post that as a bug lol
    I hear ya, but, it's a Beta. That's how Beta applications and OS's work, you have to expect some glitches or bugs...
    07-27-09 09:08 PM
    Are there any Twitter apps that are non-Beta? The App Store apps...they aren't beta, right? Also, are you positive it won't hurt if I uninstall an app too many times and install it too many times...just to clarify
    07-27-09 09:09 PM
    BerrySky, download ubertwitter, first do this remove any twitter apps you have clear out your memory then after that hold down ALT then type LGLG clear logs, then shut down your phone pull battery for couple mins, then put back in, then download ubertwitter install it, add your info, then when you get to network area leave Auto dotted scroll down to WiFi UNDOT it now your cam will work to take a picture, trust me i was getting same error after i undotted it works great.
    07-27-09 09:15 PM
    I mean, it's hard to say, some say after awhile of doing that it could corrupt the OS, I always updated everytime a new OS came out, so I was fine. I'm speaking in past tense cause I have the Tour and there is no update yet...
    07-27-09 09:16 PM
    Thanks, but the camera issue was with TwitterBerry, not UberBerry.
    07-27-09 09:17 PM
    I should be okay though, I hope LOL no problems as of right now...
    07-27-09 09:17 PM
    im gonna try it now download it see if i like this one better, i gone through so many i might of tried it and dont remember LOL
    07-27-09 09:25 PM
    LOL

SD, how would I tell if my OS is corrupt? Also, What is a beta app? I know it means it is being tested, but are any of the applications in App World "Beta"?
    07-27-09 09:26 PM
    It's hard to say, if it's lagging or locking up, it could be numerous things, from a faulty application, to way to many apps running in the backround. Read up around here on your device model, you need to learn how to use Desktop Manager and upgrade your device. It's not complicated, just get more comfortable with it...
    07-27-09 09:30 PM
    Okay, thanks! You don't think I corrupted my OS just by uninstalled TwitterBerry a couple times then reinstalling it, right? I am just looking for some closure LOL
    07-27-09 09:31 PM
    No, not at all, I have no doubt. You have closure my friend...
    07-27-09 09:34 PM
    Very good!! Thanks SD! I am telling you, I don't know where I would be without you LOL...now I need to find something else to worry about, crap
    07-27-09 09:35 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD