All the other similar threads I could find were old so: does the RIM Twitter app notify on @mentions? I turned off the text notifications from Twitter because they were annoying, but the app never seems to notify me on the homescreen like I assumed it would. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!
    02-24-11 02:09 PM
    Yes, it always has...

Open Twitter> Hit menu button> Options> Make sure "Notify on replies and mentions" is checked.
    02-24-11 02:33 PM
    It should. Mine does.
    02-24-11 02:33 PM
    for it to work, do you have to have "Tweet refresh in background" checked on?
    02-24-11 02:53 PM
    Weird, I had that option checked... Maybe it was because that text notification was enabled. Haven't had a mention since I disabled it so I guess I'll find out soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 02:57 PM
    for it to work, do you have to have "Tweet refresh in background" checked on?
    You shouldn't have to otherwise it isn't push notifications. The idea is you are instantly made aware of a new @mention like you receive emails on your device. To have that refresh option enabled means you'd receive your mentions based on the refresh interval set. T4BB was already doing that.
    02-24-11 03:37 PM
    You shouldn't have to otherwise it isn't push notifications. The idea is you are instantly made aware of a new @mention like you receive emails on your device. To have that refresh option enabled means you'd receive your mentions based on the refresh interval set. T4BB was already doing that.
    Actually, I think this is wrong. If you don't have that checked then it will only refresh when you open the app. If you uncheck that, then the options under it will go dim and be unselectable.

T4BB has never had push notifications until recently when the new version was released to Beta Zone members. Which is only for @mentions and DM's.
    02-24-11 04:24 PM
    Ok, finally got the push notifications working. The option was checked, but for some reason wasn't notifying, so I unchecked it, saved, rechecked it, saved. Lo and behold, I am notified! Don't know why I didn't think to do that before... (I remember doing it with some other app I had installed too)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-11 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD